Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Sep-02-04, 13:53

Plan: Modified CAD
Stats: // Female 63
BF:
Progress: 6%

Hi Amy,

I'm calling my plan "modified" cause I still don't have the book. Not that I don't want it, but just can't spend the $ on it yet. I got all my info on CAD from this forum (researched way back).
I'm not 100% on all the "rules" of CAD, but I'm trying my best and it seems to be working ok so far.

Thanks for asking and have a great day!

Lisa
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Sep-02-04, 13:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Just a note about the book. It would be about $4 from Amazon if you buy it used. It's like .01, for the book and $3.97 for shiping.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Sep-02-04, 14:04

BF:

Amy,

Do you have to have a credit card to buy on Amazon?

Thanks,
Lisa
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Sep-02-04, 14:16

BF:

Ok, here's what I found, http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...0559709-9573465

to buy from Amazon you don't need a credit card, BUT to buy a used book, that would be from Amazon Marketplace, it looks like you do.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...0559709-9573465
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Sep-02-04, 14:30

BF:

Hi Amy,

Thank you so much for the info. It looks like a new book is only $7.50. I can do that. I thought it was going to be closer to $20. Of course, I didn't find out what shipping was. But anyway, you got me thinking, I'm doing this for the rest of my life, I deserve to spend a little $ on a book.

Thanks for all your help!
Lisa
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Sep-03-04, 06:16

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Hi guys

Lisa... spending $10 Canadian to buy the CAD book was the best investment I ever made, for sure. When I think back to all the money I wasted on WW, Slim Fast, Weight Loss Clinic, etc etc.. not to mention all the 'diet' food I bought then ended up throwing out.. it makes me cringe.

That is one of the things I love about this program. Other than the book I am not paying a dime to anyone to lose all this weight and no one is getting rich off of me!

So.. I had a great weekend last week.. can't believe it is Friday again already! Still sitting at about the same weight and sticking hard and fast to CAD.
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Sep-03-04, 07:15

BF:

Good Morning everyone!

Thanks again for the info on the book. I will definitely order it today!

Hope everyone's doing well.

Have a great weekend!

Lisa
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Sep-03-04, 08:20

BF:

Good Morning, I probably wont be back until Tuesday, so I want to say have great weekend.
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Sep-03-04, 08:22
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hello-
Just had to tell you about what just happened. One of my closest friends has watched me on CALP for the past 14 months, and asked a lot of questions but that's all. Today she came over and told me she had cereal for breakfast (it ends up she's been having eggs for the past month) and "felt terrible later"- same when she had frozen yogurt for lunch, or pancakes. I told her I thought she had the insulin resistance problem that CALD/CALP corrects. She said "but you eat cereal and yogurt" and I said "yes- with protein and vegies" and the light bulb went off for her. She just left to go to a local used book store and get CALP! I am so excited- I think she really wants to learn about this now!
Eno
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Sep-03-04, 08:43

BF:

Hey that reminds me, my mom told me she saw a program on TV that said low carb would help her with her BP (she's on meds for high blood pressure). She asked me to borrow a book, but I have no idea which one to give her, she asked for Atkins but I do believe there is no way she would stick to it. She rarely eats while at work and she loves food. I have PP, CAD, CALP, Atkins, and Atkins for Life. So I was thinking either Atkins for life or CALP. What do you think?
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Sep-03-04, 11:02
Registered Member

Plan: carbohydrate addicts
Stats: 177.5/177.5/155 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hello Lisa!

Keep a positive attitude about CAD. I have made it to the 14th day of induction and have lost a total of 4.5#. YEAH ME! I know things will slow down a whole lot, but I sure am enjoying it while I can. I drink probably about 100 oz of water per day and enjoy reaping the energy I am getting from the green tea capsules.

I still miss eating after I get home at midnight from work. I'm not really all that hungry, I think it is just the habit I was in.

Going to leave Labor Day for Gatlinburg and plan to stick right to my diet. With CAD it won't be difficult at all. I'll keep you informed when I return home Thursday. This is mine and hubby's 34th wedding anniversary. No gifts, just a couple of nites away from home.

Buy that book when you can! It will be worth it!

Linda
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Sep-03-04, 11:12

BF:

Hi everyone!

Just an update - the check is in the mail - really, it's true. I mailed it this morning and can expect my CAD book soon from Amazon! I'll let you all know when I get it!

Thanks again,
Lisa
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Sep-03-04, 11:14

Plan: trying to figure it out
Stats: 214/201.4/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 23%

Quote:
Originally Posted by adukart
Hey that reminds me, my mom told me she saw a program on TV that said low carb would help her with her BP (she's on meds for high blood pressure). She asked me to borrow a book, but I have no idea which one to give her, she asked for Atkins but I do believe there is no way she would stick to it. She rarely eats while at work and she loves food. I have PP, CAD, CALP, Atkins, and Atkins for Life. So I was thinking either Atkins for life or CALP. What do you think?

Hey Amy, I am currently on BP medicine and I am doing the CAD.
Please tell her not to get her hopes up too high. I am dropping my BP, but I still have to take the Medicine everyday. For me it didn't drop it way low so I wouldn't have to take the meds anymore. She might be one of the lucky few, but I just don't want her to be dissapointed like I was.
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Sep-03-04, 19:59

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

Just thought I would stop by and say hello. I was trying an induction with the atkins to jumpsart my weight loss...well I jumped something and now have a few more lbs to lose! I am starting CAD tomorrow as one week of induction and I showed no loss at all...not to mention the fact that I felt yucky...(I hate ketosis!!!) I know this plan works or rather did work when I did it right a few years ago...sometimes I get scared that I am too old for it to work...crazy huh. I have to take meds and I am 40 now but with some work and some movement I know there has to be hope!! The movement is the key! (along with the plan of course)

Sorry to be so long winded. Great to see everyone and so many new faces!!! I am glad to be back here!!!