Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-16-04, 15:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Weekly Support 8/15

Well I just wanted to pop back in here to say hello, Im still around. I've switched to general low carb till the summer is over, all the weekend weddings and drinking got me eating way too many carbs. I am still lifting wieghts and will be back to CAD this September. Hope everyone is doing good????
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-16-04, 22:18

Plan: Diabetic Food Pyramid
Stats: 269/224.4/130 Female 61 inches=  5 ft. 1 in.
BF:SCARY!!!!!!
Progress: 32%
Smile New to CAD......

Hi, I've only been doing CAD for a few days now, but started Atkins on March 8th, of this year. Then, I switched to general low carb, after a couple of months, when I couldn't stick strictly to Atkin's. But, I wasn't losing, so I started looking for other alternative's, and found CAD. I'm loving it so far, and am very grateful to everyone in this forum, for giving me the info. that I needed to make the decision to switch!!!!!!! Heather
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-17-04, 05:28
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hi Heather!
Welcome to CAD. It is a great way to eat for life.
Aducart- you are always welcome here.
Another week on plan. I just got a big basket of peaches, and am going to cook some of them up with honey for RM tomight. Love the summer fruit!
Have a big party this and next Saturday, and am starting to plan now. I think the do the CM and RM 90 min apart strategy will work for both parties, as they will be LONG with lots of food. The last wedding I went to, I asked for the cake to take home and got it in a box, which was great. Wonder if I can do that again? Take care-
Eno
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-17-04, 22:45

Talking

Eno,

Thanks for the welcome!!! I'm really loving this WOE, so I don't see a reason why I wouldn't be able to stick with it. I'm working on balancing my RM a little better, but am not obsessing about it. That is one thing that I love, is that I'm no longer thinking about food all day. I do better if I don't eat breakfast, so it nice to be following a plan that doesn't say you HAVE to eat it!!!

I love how flexible it is, and it's so nice to have all of you for support!!!!

Thanks everyone!!! Heather
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-17-04, 22:49

Default I forgot.......

Eno, did you lose all of your weight doing CAD??? 50 lbs. is AWESOME!!!!! How long did it take you??? I have another 100 pounds to lose, though I may see how I feel after losing 75. I'm at the point where I'm feeling like it will take FOREVER to get there, but not at all like I want to give up. I figure I have to live my life one way or the other- stop, and stay fat, or keep on plan, and lose- either way, my life will STILL go on!!!! Just curious though, how long it took you to get to goal?? Heather
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-04, 09:25

BF:

Hello everyone, I am back on the CAD wagon. Went shopping last night and got all the necessities and some treats (that was nice after trying to be just LC all the time it was nice to grab some carbs off the shelves.)

Eno, I hope your parties go well for you.

Welcome Heather, and don't forget to stop by some journals also, they are alot more active, but I like to have a weekly thread for lurkers and those that don't want or have time to keep a journal.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-04, 15:00
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hi Heather:
To answer your questions, I had an initial goal to lose 20 lbs. I lost that in about 2 months. I felt so good on CALP that I knew this was good for my body, so I continued, but was not as strict and had some higher sugar carbs with my RM (had been having mostly grains and high carb vegies from the RM list.) I just continued to lose, and seem to still be losing a pound or two. My body is just changing. I lost the 50 lbs in 10 months.
I love CALP and will eat this way for my health.
Read a very interesting article in Newsweek today about FAT. It ends up that the more fat you have, not only do you have more of the chemical that makes your cells less responsive to insulin, you also have less of the chemical that makes you more responsive! So the insulin resistance increases the more fat you have. Go, Hellers!
Eno
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-04, 23:37

Talking Thanks Amy!!!

I have been visiting journals, but find that I spend A LOT of time on here trying to catch up!!! hehehe!!! I've been trying to keep up with my own journal everyday, so that I'm making myself more accountable. It seems to be working, and giving me an outlet to vent some of my own concerns and frustrations, along with my success'!! You guys can come visit any time you'd like!!!

Eno, thanks for sharing your info. with me!!!!

I feel the same way, even though I've only been doing CAD now, for less than a week. It's amazing the difference in how I feel now, compared to the first few days (even the full month) that I was doing strict Atkin's. I was sick ALL THE TIME, and that didn't change until I upped my carb intake, and when I did that, I went into maintenance. It was good that I didn't gain during that time (about 4 months), and I'm FLOORED that I didn't go COMPLETELY off the wagon, but I was frustrated that I needed to eat that many carbs in order to keep myself from feeling sick all the time. I kept wondering when all the "good stuff" that everyone talked about, was going to happen to me. I was ALWAYS tired, ALWAYS sick, ALWAYS craving things, and ALWAYS HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!! I thought I was doing something wrong, or that I just wasn't like everyone else. So, of course, when I started researching CAD, and reading the book, I had that whole light bulb moment of "HEY!!! They are talking about ME!!!!!!" It's great that I can feel so much better, be losing weight, and eating a lot of the foods that I hadn't had in almost 6 months!!! I realize that weight loss is going to be slower, and I'm OK with that (of course, who WOULDN'T want it to happen overnight!!! ), but I know that I'm not going to give up. This is it, for life, for me and my family. It's already working, and I know that we can continue to eat this way, and be healthy. Why would I even try anything else??? It's just a little overwhelming when I think that to realistically lose this 100 pounds I have to go, I'm looking at it taking a YEAR!!!! YIKES!!! Pretty scary when I look at it like that.

Eno, so you found that your weight loss slowed down when you added in more sugary carbs??? Do you think that had anything to do with the fact that you were getting closer to goal, or just because of what you were eating??

Do you guys change your diet around, according to what you lose from each week, like they suggest in CAD??? I've been wondering about that. I don't know if I want to get that obsessive about it. If this is working, I'm thinking I should just stick with it. I know the Heller's talk about putting your diet first, above all else, but I'm afraid that if I really start thinking about it all the time, I'll feel like I'm on a "diet" and won't stick with it. What do you guys think about this????

OK, I've rambled long enough, I'll go now, and thanks for welcoming me!!! Heather
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 08:25

BF:

Good Morning, I just wanted to say that I find I stall when my RM isn't balanced, but I haven't got as far as switching foods around. I know I did try cutting out sweets once and that didn't help. But that balancing is real important for my body, and also the eating till satisfied and not stuffed.

Well last night I had an extra serving of gummy bears and definately over did it, so there was no loss today, BUT there was no gain either. Acutally might be a .5 loss but my scale is a dial so it's hard to tell.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 22:39

Talking

Right now, I'm finding, that I'm able to see somewhat of a loss, even without balancing my RM. NOT good for my addiction aspect, but good for the fact that it's helping me to stay on plan right now!!! I will take baby steps and work up to more of a balance. I'm already seeing a difference in what I want during that meal, and I haven't even been doing it for a whole week yet. So, I know that if I don't obsess too much, it will start to fall into place.

I only have a dial scale too, but it's a fairly big one, so I think it's pretty accurate. Still makes it difficult to be able to get those in between readings though!!!

Thanks for answering my questions!!! Heather