Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-10-04, 08:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Thursday 6/10/04 CAD/CALP Support

Good Morning,

Well I started lifting wieghts last night and am kind of sore today. My weight is back down to 128 and lowering. So I made my decision to go to maintenance mode in my head, I will no longer worry about the wieght, just the toning. Hope everyone is having a good day.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-10-04, 08:33

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Running kind of late as usual. I have already started my day with 2 scrambled eggs and for lunch will probably be some protein and a salad. Not too sure what my RM will be, but I am sure it will be good.

Amy, Congrats, you are doing wonderful. I can imagine you are sore this morning. I would give anything to be down to your weight. You have done wonderful. Keep up the good work with your exercising.

I need to run. Have a good day.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-10-04, 09:00
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 188/187.5/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 1%

I know I have been MIA but I fell off the wagon really bad and I could not bring myself to post on the boards, I didn't want to bring you guys down. But on the bright side I am reading CALP and hopefully that will make this journey easier.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jun-10-04, 10:41
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hello!
Came home for lunch as my son is finished with school and doen't start work until next week.
Did have my Outback steak last night for RM, and couldn't finish it all. So I just had it for lunch, too! My DH loves salmon cakes, so that is for RM with couscous and spinach. After work I'm going to do a Costco run for protein and CM vegies. The lettuce there is so cheap, and I get peppers and cukes there too. Lately I'm hooked on cukes in yogurt and dill.
Hope all is well-
E
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jun-10-04, 17:37

Plan: CALP vegetarian plus fish
Stats: 140/138/132 Female 66 inches
BF:26%/25%/20%
Progress: 25%

all4Morgan--I think it's the journey itself, I mean just continuing down the road with the goal always ahead, is the main thing. I mean, the slip-ups here and there are just part and parcel of the experience of the journey, IMOH. The important thing is keeping your eyes on the road and going on ahead, right?

I was a bit nonplussed today that my weight is still showing only 1 pound less than when I started May 29. BUT--I've also been measuring my body fat percentage on that amazing computer contraption they have at the gym. Here's how my it says my body fat percentage has changed since May 29 when I started working out at the gym:

May 29--body fat 26%. Total pounds of body fat, between 38 and 39 pounds.
June 10--body fat 25%. Total pounds of body fat,35.5 pounds.

So, if I am to believe this computer contraption at the gym, the effect of my working out at the gym + CALP diet (with a few slip-ups here and there) has been a loss of about 3 pounds of fat in 12 days! And I must have gained about 2 pounds of muscle so far, since the scale shows a net loss of only about 1 pound so far.

I checked out the book "Strong Women Stay Slim" by Miriam Nelson. She says that in women over the age of 40 (like me--I'll be 44 in August), the body's metabolism is slowing down, and moderate exercise and weight training helps rev up the body's metabolism. The more muscle I gain, the more calories I burn and fat I lose in the long run, even though at first the muscle gain makes the weight loss look slower (because muscle weighs slightly more than fat pound for pound). I hope I'm not turning my post into a long treatise on this, but I just wanted to say this, because if you're excercising while dieting, the scale isn't telling the whole story. I mean, it's kind of a relief for me, to see that although that stubborn old scale shows only a mere 1 little pound "officially" lost so far, I actually have gained 2 pounds muscle and lost 3 pounds of fat in 12 days.

So, Adukart, I don't know how old you are, but if you keep maintaining your diet, you'll probably end up losing some more pounds anyway (in the long run if not the short run) just by lifting the weights and adding on more muscle.

Has anybody else noticed this when they started weight training in combination with dieting?
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jun-10-04, 19:06

Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

Haven't been able to get on the computer in awhile. had a bad weekend emotionally but am hopefully on the mend. Am trying to get back on the wagon too. Had some slips on the weekend. Today did ok but ate alittle more carbs at cm than ideal I think. Haven't exercised since last week I miss it so I better get going before that feeling goes away!!

Hope everyone is doing great.

WTG Amy on getting back on! Please don't leave when you stumble that is what we are here for!!!!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jun-10-04, 19:54

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/210/125 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 0%

hi guys, sorry i have been mia too. i am glad you kept up the thread. i fell off the wagon hard. dont even know why, the weekends are so hard. i feel like all the hard work i do during the week i just ruin during the weekend. i gained some weight back and then today thought i would hop back on weight watchers, well, do i even have to say how that went?? sure of course i stayed within my pts limit and was feeling kinda proud , now it is almost 10:00 pm and i am so hungry!! i will not eat, but will start back on cad tomorrow. i dont know how many times i have to test myself to see if cad is for me. i read everyones posts since i stopped posting. for the most part alot of you are doing great, and i am inspired by your posts. gonna keep trying and post more often. have a great night.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jun-11-04, 05:55
Registered Member

Stats: 149/146.6/137 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 20%

I am still here. We had friends visiting from out of town this past weekend and I went off I did good until halfway through their stay. There was just so much junk in the house and I caved. I did feel bad and I had trouble getting back on but I've been going strong again for 3 days now. Looking back, there really is no reason to cheat when you always have that RM to look forward to. Hopefully I will do better when the next temptation comes around.