Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 16:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Not Much To Lose

Is there anyone here on CAD that started with not much to lose? and are being successful? I tried to do a member search but it's hard to go through them all and most are not current members. I am just wondering if there is anyone with this kind of experience to share. I don't have much to lose and keep getting stuck at 125 then I end up cheating and just want to quit. I almost have my mind made up to switch to CAD but I don't want to switch and end up staying at the same weight again.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 11:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 270/215/150 Female 5'4
BF:not sure
Progress: 46%

Your body is only going to allow you to lose so much before it rebels. What you might want to weigh adn what your body is telling you is the proper weight might not agree . Have you thought about toning up instead of the diet? That may help. Good luck
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 12:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Your right, about the weight thing. I guess the reason I am trying to get down to 120 is because alot of people said to choose your goal weight by thinking about what weight you were happiest at and it was 120. I don't really feel like loosing weight now at 125 so I guess I don't really need to. What I do have a problem with is that I keep cheating, it will go on for like 3 days and then I gain 5-6 pounds and have to go back to induction. I think CAD would help me control that and it wouldn't be cheating anymore it would be a RM.

Maybe what I am asking is has anyone had little to lose and are maintaining and how was their experience?
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 14:17

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

What would it hurt to try it for two weeks? Maybe it would help you maintain 125. CAD is really great about controlling my appetite, that's one of the things I love about this WOE.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 18:31

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%

I got to 140 and my body said "this is it!" ....and sure enough. But you know what, I am a little older, had a few kids and am not shaped quite the same as I once was. So whats five pounds? I lost 50.....and by golly, keeping off 50 is so much more important than loosing the last five. I am happy where I am, and I just want to maintain it forever!

Best wishes,
Libby
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 18:57

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbyfcr
So whats five pounds? I lost 50.....and by golly, keeping off 50 is so much more important than loosing the last five. I

WTG! 50 lbs and maintaining is amazing! That's what I want to do!!