Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-21-12, 20:28

Plan: CAD
Stats: 162/156/140 Female 66 in.
BF:
Progress: 27%
Unhappy Newbie not losing...

Hello all! I started CAD 3 weeks ago and have been following it religiously. I have a cup of black coffee for breakfast (never have been a breakfast eater), a salad with a handful of rotisserie chicken pieces and 2 strips of bacon and blue cheese dressing (only 1 g of carbs per serving...I typically have 1 1/2 servings), and then I eat whatever I've made for dinner for my family plus a dessert. I lost 2 lbs. the first week but my weight has remained exactly the same since then. I'm grateful I'm not gaining but disappointed I'm not seeing the kind of results I've read about. Has anyone else experienced this kind of stall so early in the program? Or does this mean the plan isn't going to work for me? I would hate for this to be the case because this has been the easiest diet I've ever tried. I'm not hungry in between meals and I don't feel deprived. It feels like something I could do for the rest of my life. In the past I've successfully lost weight by restricting my calories but I just can't imagine living the rest of my life feeling hungry all the time and having to weigh and measure everything I put in my mouth. It's exhausting. I really want this plan to work for me and I'm hoping some of the more seasoned CADers here can offer some advice. I really appreciate any input!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Nov-22-12, 06:40
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi and welcome!
I would first recommend you read CALP- and read lots and lots of the great info and posts here. I have never done CAD, so I won't really comment on it.
You are probably eating too many carbs at RM. For me, ifI had sugar more than 1-2x/week I did not lose. Same with alcohol. The carbs I did best with were complex carbs- like a sweet potato, squash, yogurt, fruit, grains. If you are eating what you make your family including a carb and then haing dessert that is a problem, IMHO.
But if you really like eating this way and feel good and are maintaining- so what?
If you want to lose you may have to modify and be more balanced in RM.

How do you feel on CAD?

E
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Nov-22-12, 10:19

Plan: iDukan, Consolidation
Stats: 174/147/147 Female 5'7"
BF: Goal: < 30%
Progress: 100%

Welcome Cordelia. I started CAD a few months ago and had similar results, and I have similar stats as you. We don't have too much weight to lose, I think if we were heavier we would see results like in the book. I gave up a couple of weeks ago and went low carb/ketosis and finally see the scale moving. I stall really quickly so I plan on trying CALP now.

I have read CALP, difference is to have equal portions of protein, veggies, carbs. I didn't want to worry about portion control during my RM, but after being back to low carb, I know it's not that big of a deal. In fact, I plan on choosing my carbs more wisely, too, even keeping desserts carb friendly. It may sound much more restrictive, but once we've lost the weight, we can always go back to CAD for maintenance.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Nov-22-12, 12:14

BF:

Enomarb-I feel great on CAD! I love that I'm able to eat dinner with my family and that I don't feel like I'm starving myself. If I were eating dessert every night without following the CAD plan I would definitely be gaining so I'm grateful I've at least maintained the initial 2 lb. loss.

JoanD'Arc-I've also wondered if I should wait to use this plan until I'm in the maintenance stage. I will definitely keep an eye on how it's going for you!

Of course the scale finally moved this morning. I was down another 2 lb. It figures it would be the morning of Thanksgiving! I still plan on eating my meal within an hour but I don't know how much of a difference it will make considering what's for dinner.

Thank you both for your input!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Nov-23-12, 10:08

Plan: iDukan, Consolidation
Stats: 174/147/147 Female 5'7"
BF: Goal: < 30%
Progress: 100%

Yay! That's great! Definitely give it more time! If the scale is going down, it really doesn't matter how long it takes. Enjoy this way of life!

Join us on the Hour Power thread. I'd love to see your progress, too.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Nov-24-12, 15:18

BF:

Thank you JoanD'Arc! I'm very happy to see the scale moving again! I hope it lasts. I will definitely check out the Hour Power thread!