Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Salads Veggies & Side Dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-14, 22:11

Plan: hflc
Stats: 166/157/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default Chinese Chop Chop

Hi Guys! All this talk of "crackslaw" made me want coleslaw ...then I remembered my MIL's great Chinese chicken salad... SO here's my sugar-free version. (I've been eating it every meal the last couple days!)

Vegs:

All diced/chopped small
1/2 green cabbage
1/2 purple cabbage
1/2 - 1 long English cucumber
1/2 bunch red radishes
couple handfuls spinach

Dressing: (all amounts are apx., I don't measure, just eyeball the ratios, so hope this is good. Seems about right )

1/2 c light olive oil
1/4 c apple cider vinegar
1/8 c soy sauce (I use the gluten-free kind)
1 tbs sesame oil
1 tbs fresh lime juice
6-8 little drops Stevia liquid extract
salt
sesame seeds
(chicken)

Put all dressing ingreds into screw top Ziplock lunch-ware or similar. Shake like crazy!!! (The stevia doesn't want to mix, but it will)

Put vegs in bowl, pour on dressing, top w sesame seeds (and chicken if you want it to be a whole meal), EAT!

This is more dressing than you probably need for the amount of veg, and of course the veg mix and sweetness can be changed/adjusted. There were carrots in the original and I've also made it with mushrooms as well, but it doesn't keep as well. I LOVE this salad bc it travels well (great for lunches), it won't get soggy (so you can dress it when you pack your lunch in the morning and it's still crisp at noon), and the acid of the lime and cider vinegar is a beautiful foil to all the rich fatty foods we are all enjoying! crunch...crunch...munch!
Sponsored Links