Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-01-10, 10:32
my metamorphosis

Plan: rogue lc/hhcg
Stats: 252/252/138 Female 5"
BF:umm... :(
Progress: 0%
Default HCG Anyone?

I'll probably be starting oral HCG drops on Saturday. Anyone else? I have been trying low carb for years, sometimes successful, sometimes not. I think I have too much to lose to get really motivated. So, I've decided to use another tool. Much of the diet is low carb (phase 3 and likely phase 4 for me). So, I'm wondering if anyone else here is trying HCG. I'd like to hook up with some buddies for support and maybe some challenges. Let me know!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-18-10, 10:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 226.8/218.6/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 8%

I did low carb very successfully several years ago. I recently "came back" to low carb.

I believe that my body, due to 3 closely spaced children, extreme ongoing stress, genetic issues and the diet-style I've imposed on it is not functioning properly. I am doing everything "Atkins" right and the scale hasn't moved since induction.

I am heavily researching and considering a Simeon/hcg protocol.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Sep-19-10, 20:26

Plan: vlc
Stats: 272/272/152 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:let me look, yep

I am a member on another site where this is very popular....I am interested in learning more about it and am considering the drops to lose these last pounds and to help maintain...still reading up on it and learning all I can about it....also trying to find them online except for the place that supports this other forum, they have to be less expensive elsewhere
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-10, 20:58

Plan: LCHF/Keto
Stats: 162/116.6/117 Female 61 inches
BF:30.6%/22.0%/22.1%
Progress: 101%

I've been researching this all week. My husband and I heard about it from our doctor, but he didn't go into detail yet. My husband is just now getting on the bus with me (I've been low carbing for six years). The doctor suggested he drastically drop carbs to see if that helps him reset his system and if that didn't work, we'd look at hcg. We're getting ready to start Atkins induction (I'm going to do everything with him). He's not sure how he feels about doing hcg, but I've been reading about it non-stop all week and I'm excited about it! I told my husband that when I hit a wall (as I *always* do), I am going to tell the doctor at that time that I'm ready to start the hcg. I just wish I'd known about it several years ago. I'm ready now, but I want to "walk" my husband through induction and low carb lifestyle first. I know I will probably lose some in that time and then maybe I will only need to do a couple rounds to get to my ideal weight.

I've also been researching Jorge Cruise's "The Belly Fat Cure" and I'm thinking that may be what I try for life maintenance (P4). He cuts sugar, but not necessarily complex carbs, although he does limit them. My husband REALLY likes what he's seeing on "The Belly Fat Cure" and want to "just try that," but his hormones (insulin resistant) are a complete wreck right now and I agree with the doctor about dropping him into ketosis to reset his system and lose some fat to stop the cycle. We will discuss this in more depth with the doctor when we follow-up with his labs.

I'm figuring I will probably be starting the hcg in January or February. I would love a buddy.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-23-10, 21:21

Plan: LF/LC
Stats: 254/191.5/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 60%

I did Dr. Simeon's diet in May. I lost 30lbs in 40 days. I have kept it off, but you have to follow the diet and transition very carefully.

I am getting ready to order HCG - drops this time, last time I did injections through a clinic and plan on starting on the 1st.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Dec-27-10, 11:16

Plan: HF Atkins paleo
Stats: 230/144/150 Female 63 inches
BF:less/than/before
Progress: 108%

There is a long hcg thread under "General Low Carb" as well.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-03-11, 16:18

Plan: homeopathic HCG, loading
Stats: 246/230.5/154 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 17%
Smile

I'm on day 2 (day 4 if you count the binge days) of Phase 2. This is my second time trying this, the first time around I couldn't stick to it. This time I planned it better, so the binge days fell on December 31st and January 1st, which means rich foods weren't really a weird addition to the menu; and the first week of the diet falls during the last week of school holidays, so I can plan my menus and get used to the routine without having to run around as usual.

I am not used to eating rich foods so I got really bloated during the first 2 days, and I am still losing that. I think PMS might also account for some of that. I'm hoping that by the end of the week I will see some results in the scale and in the fit of my clothes.

So far the diet isn't incredibly hard to follow, but I know I won't want to keep cooking two separate meals every evening (and at lunch during the weekend), so I am trying to figure something out. You cannot eat the same meal twice in one day, but eating the same dinner for a few days doesn't seem to be a problem, so I'm thinking of making a lean brisket/roast beef type of thing and using it as my dinner for a few days next week.

Who else is on the HCG homeopathic drops?
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jan-03-11, 16:39

Plan: my own
Stats: 224.8/207/160 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

i am thinking of trying it. i have researched and followed others that are on it. just trying to make sure by ordering them offline i don't get ripped off.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jan-04-11, 16:23

Plan: vlc
Stats: 272/272/152 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:let me look, yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisaB
I'm on day 2 (day 4 if you count the binge days) of Phase 2. This is my second time trying this, the first time around I couldn't stick to it. This time I planned it better, so the binge days fell on December 31st and January 1st, which means rich foods weren't really a weird addition to the menu; and the first week of the diet falls during the last week of school holidays, so I can plan my menus and get used to the routine without having to run around as usual.

I am not used to eating rich foods so I got really bloated during the first 2 days, and I am still losing that. I think PMS might also account for some of that. I'm hoping that by the end of the week I will see some results in the scale and in the fit of my clothes.

So far the diet isn't incredibly hard to follow, but I know I won't want to keep cooking two separate meals every evening (and at lunch during the weekend), so I am trying to figure something out. You cannot eat the same meal twice in one day, but eating the same dinner for a few days doesn't seem to be a problem, so I'm thinking of making a lean brisket/roast beef type of thing and using it as my dinner for a few days next week.

Who else is on the HCG homeopathic drops?

I am thinking of trying them after I speak to my endo about them...I have hypothyroidism and also am going thru menopause so I want to speak to him first...I have found some on ebay that seem to have good results and are not expensive, but like others are always concerned if they are real or not...they are cheap so I guess if they are not real, nothing lost really...I do know I wont follow the plan that comes with them, but will just follow the 500 calories with my own way of eating..good luck to you...
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-11, 03:25

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsmom
I am thinking of trying them after I speak to my endo about them...I have hypothyroidism and also am going thru menopause so I want to speak to him first...I have found some on ebay that seem to have good results and are not expensive, but like others are always concerned if they are real or not...they are cheap so I guess if they are not real, nothing lost really...I do know I wont follow the plan that comes with them, but will just follow the 500 calories with my own way of eating..good luck to you...

The low-fat diet is key for the HCG to work. You can experiment, but if it doesn't work you can't blame the drops if you didn't follow the plan, right? You'll never know what the culprit was [cue mysterious music here ]

As for me, I had to go off the plan to handle a bad throat inflammation which I thought I'd get over but being unable to take any vitamins, cough syrup, herbal or homeopathic remedies while on the plan, it was just getting worse.

So yesterday I went off and started taking all the remedies I could think of, and today I'm feeling a bit better. Hopefully I'll be all better by the end of the week, then I could start loading (or as they cal it, the Binge Days) again on Monday.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-11, 00:50
Registered Member

Plan: Cyclical Ketogenic Diet
Stats: 225/180/200 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 180%

What kind of dosing are you talking about running?
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Feb-19-11, 06:17
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin
Stats: 315/304/160 Female 5 ft 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

I am on my first non loading day I've used hcg homopathic before so I know it works very excited
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Feb-20-11, 06:46

BF:

Hi classykare!

We have a thread for people on Phase 2 (loading + 500-calorie portion of the plan) and there's someone there who just started loading too. The thread is here , come join us! Support helps SO MUCH on this plan!