Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 18:44
Registered Member

Plan: simple low carb :)
Stats: 165/157/150 Female 67"
BF:Have a boyfriend!
Progress: 53%
Default the go diet/yogurt

any comments on the go diet's stance on yogurt? i seem to have pissed everyone off at the atkins board by telling them i stray from the dr's plan. you would think that i had said something offending about their kids or something. anyway, the go diet's creators say that the bacteria in yogurt kills the sugar, down to 4 carbs per cup. i have been eating 1/2 a cup a day and still losing half a pound a day. any thoughts on this?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 07:26

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 180/151/125
BF:

Im not sure either, however it seems that yiou and others who eat yogurt lose ok, also I read an artivle within the last month in First Magazine about how 1200 mil of calcium per day will make you lose weight om its own.
yu can only take 600 at ome time,body cant absorb more than that at one time, so one in the morning and one at night, I have been taking it but not regularily.

So the calcium in yogurt is a good thing and your losing, so keep eating it.

Question ? what yogurt are you eating, and do you know the foof paramitors on the go diet, I want to switch to it. It sounds like a healthier plan to me and Im not losing on Atkins hardly at all.

Have you tried go diet, andif so, whatdid you think and what did you eat.

Maybe you could send me a private message if u have been on go,, need some advise asap.

thanks,
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 18:45

Plan: 60 grams or less a day
Stats: 178/148/135
BF:
Progress: 70%

Well, I'm so sorry this upset people - yogurt is a very healthy food, and if it's working on your diet, I really don't understand why anyone would feel a need to put it down. My goodness! Anyway, I would keep eating it if it's working . When I had some gastrointestinal distress on the LC diet, my doctor TOLD me to eat yogurt, just to be sure it had active cultures in it. It helped a lot and never hurt my weight at all. You go, girl!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 22:22
Registered Member

Plan: simple low carb :)
Stats: 165/157/150 Female 67"
BF:Have a boyfriend!

It is just kind of silly. The authors I heard this from cited where they got their info from....whereas Atkins simply told me "count the carbs on the label". Atkins has not tested the yogurt theory, either. I don't like calling the 800 Atkins number or emailing them anymore. I think the studies that the Go-Diet authors did are correct.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-04, 19:56
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 205/175/170
BF:
Progress: 86%

I suggest you purchase The Four Corners Diet by Dr. Jack Goldberg. This book was just published and is in bookstores. I ordered mine from amazon.com. It's an excellent revision of the Go-Diet written by Dr. Goldberg.

In the book, Dr. Goldberg makes it simple to figure the carb count for yogurt -simply substract 1 gram carb for every ounce of yogurt.

For example a cup of whole milk yogurt that has 12 g. carb on the label should be counted as 4 grams carb. One cup of plain fat free yogurt that states 18 grams carb on the label should really be counted as 10 grams carb.

I love this diet and could never understand why it didn't grow more in popularity. It really improved my health tremendously. When I went off it, I started gaining weight again and saw a decline in my health.

I am back on the Four Corners (formerly Go) Diet, and am totally committed. It is now a lifestyle instead of just a diet, and I'll be on it for the rest of my life, because I don't like the way I felt when I went off it.

I highly recommend this book!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 13:59
i see stars

Plan: My own way
Stats: 168/165/140 Female 5'6.5"
BF:
Progress: 11%

I actually am on Atkin's (modified now, of course) and I have yogurt very often. I think yogurt is one of those YMMV things - what works for some, doesn't work for others.

Personally, I love my yogurt (and yocheese) and I feel it adds more variety to my diet. It also satisfies my sweet tooth.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 14:42

Plan: LC BFL
Stats: 279/155/135 Female 5'5
BF:39/24/<20
Progress: 86%

ya i pretty much follow atkins & i eat yogurt from time to time... 1/2 cup seems a lil much, tho?? i eat the 4oz carb counter ones.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 21:02

Plan: The Zone-as much as I can
Stats: 231/165/175 Female 5ft9in
BF:?,33+/24.2/22
Progress: 118%

I have found that I loose better when I eat my yogurt. I have been lax in eating it for a while now and I have also been gaining and loosing the same three pounds for about three months. Anyways, if yogurt is not a problem for you, go for it! I love mine with blueberry Da Vinci's!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-04, 19:43

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 231/212/185 Male 5 feet 10 inches
BF:22%
Progress: 41%

I am addicted to yougurt myself, i was looking for a snack food that wouldnt trow me off line with the diet and found thoses low sugar, yogurt, and the organic ones are also very addictive the vanilla ones.

Its good to ear that they are good for me too.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-04, 23:45

Plan: modified LC carb cycling
Stats: 182/148/125 Female 5"6
BF:
Progress: 60%
Default what is the go diet?

forgive my ignorance, but what is the Go diet? Would you mind laying out the basic plan for me so I can see if I should get the book?

I'm struggling to lose the last 15 lbs, and even going up and down 5 extra. Can't seem to get an equilibrium.

I can't do Atkins, too restrictive, now I just doing my own thing which works when I apply myself.

Would like to hear more about "GO" if someone wouldn't mind explaining it to me.

Thanks folks

Maggie
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Dec-19-10, 09:35
Registered Member

Plan: 4 corners
Stats: 203/190/135 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4lemon
any comments on the go diet's stance on yogurt? i seem to have pissed everyone off at the atkins board by telling them i stray from the dr's plan. you would think that i had said something offending about their kids or something. anyway, the go diet's creators say that the bacteria in yogurt kills the sugar, down to 4 carbs per cup. i have been eating 1/2 a cup a day and still losing half a pound a day. any thoughts on this?

i too made them angry but found atkins too extreme. have you tried greek yogurt? its so creamy and LESS carbs than regular yogurt. also drink almond milk, 2 carbs per 8 ounces AND enjoy one half cup mixed berries and splenda with the yogurt daily 2 pieces wasa ryekrisp with cheese daily and still keep it 60 or under in carbs.