Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-03, 11:53

Plan: low carb
Stats: 324/228/180 Female 5feet 6inches
BF:47%
Progress: 67%
Default count me in.

I've been Lcing off and on for a while now, finally so frustrated with my body and not being able to do the things I used to do that I am making a commitment to you and myself to change and stay present on the board.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 10:00

Plan: eat fat get thin
Stats: 212/212/128 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I, Kris, otherwise known as Bellybgone, promise to participate on this forum - through good and through bad - for health and for friendship! And, of course be genuine and supportive for everyone I meet on the journey!

Kris
  #78   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 23:23

Plan: Vegetaian Low Carb
Stats: 318/294.6/115 Female 64
BF:Over 65%
Progress: 12%
Thumbs up

Ditto on the year thing. Maybe knowing so many others are THAT committed, it will give me the motivation and courage to go forward where I've let cowardice take over and failure win. And I've found a new saying which is going on a T-shirt at the first available moment. "A new me in 2003"

Failure is not an option.....
  #79   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 13:21

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/250/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 10%

I started Atkins thinking I'd do it for Lent, but then Easter came and someone on another forum suggested a commitment until the 4th of July so I thought, why not? The weight is coming off slowly but its not that hard to stay on it and I feel better. So now I guess I can make the pledge....

I "Shirl" , otherwise known as fishie48, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death or worse precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. fishie48.
  #80   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 16:11

Plan: kISS/Curves
Stats: 319/263/165 Female 67"
BF:49.5
Progress: 36%
Default I'm with you 100%

This is great. I already feel like one of the family. And we know that family sticks together. So I take the pledge:

I, Beverly , otherwise known as Ketodiva , promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who will have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and all others, at all times. Your friend -Beverly
  #81   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 01:06

Plan: Atkins.. somewhat
Stats: 286/268/160 Female 5'5"
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 14%

This is just an awesome Idea... I'm ready to committ to making Lo-Carbing my Way of Life....

I Tracy, otherwise known as Orygungirl, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Tracy

Thank you for this
  #82   ^
Old Fri, May-02-03, 10:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 246/227/140 Female 5ft 4in
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default I hope I am not too late

Hi all, I have only been around the forum a couple of weeks, and have found this string, and the triple digit club...and am thrilled. I hope that it is alright that I join this string, and I am going to try to participate in the triple digit forum and want to get to know everyone.
I think this is a wonderful idea...thank you to the person that came up with it.

I Darleen, otherwise known as DarB , promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.
  #83   ^
Old Sat, May-03-03, 12:45

Stats: 360/336/179 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default I too commit....

I Teresa, otherwise known as tlmarshall, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

Your friend Teresa
  #84   ^
Old Sat, May-03-03, 13:07
Zora

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

I'm in !!

I, Zora, promise to stay on the forum for one full year, in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all I promise to be genuine with myself and others at all times. Your friend - Zora

(PS.. an FYI .. Zora isn't my real name, but otherwise, I'm totally genuine)
  #85   ^
Old Sat, May-03-03, 19:33
Recovering Yo-Yo

Plan: What's best for me
Stats: 291.6/147/164 Female 5'8"
BF:A work in progress
Progress: 113%

Count me in too....I'm new here....but need all the support I can get...thx everyone!
  #86   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 04:17

Plan: CAD
Stats: 434/397/170 Female 69"
BF:50%
Progress: 14%

Cindi, thank you for your comitment, which I will join in on and look forward to going through these next 360 days with you all!!! Thank you for your support.

So here is my commitment -

I, Pam, otherwise known as uniquesoul, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Pam

#87   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 06:43

Plan: My Own
Stats: 356.8/335/190 Female 5' 9"
BF:huh?...what?..%#$~
Progress: 13%
Default I promise

I Kisha, otherwise known as Kish, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Kish

Thank you guys!!!
  #88   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 12:45

Plan: LC (Began 0/0/00)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 0 ft 0in
BF:--/--/--
Progress: 5%
Default Making a one-year committment....

This is a fantastic idea. I'm new to this group, having just found you all last night (May 6, 2003). I promise to check in with the group every day and if I ever leave, I will say good-bye and explain why. I have a long road ahead of me with 150 pounds to lose. I know I can't do it alone and I am so grateful to have found you all. Isn't the internet great?! I don't know anyone else in "real world" circle who weighs 305 pounds and is trying to lose "half" of themselves. So, it's a comfort to come here and not feel so alone. No one else seems to understand how hard we struggle to lose weight. They are so quick to judge us. This is THE HARDEST thing I have ever tried to do in my entire 41 year old life.

So, count me "in" on the 1-year committment.

--Theresa
  #89   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 20:18

Plan: atkins
Stats: 265/265/155
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Life changes one week from today

I have finally reached my decision. I am starting Atkins one week from today. The reason for the delay is due to several events I have coming up during these next few days. My son graduates from college on Sat and I am throwing him a party so I know starting out on a new diet will be next to impossible, then on Sunday, I am having all family over for a cookout for Mother's Day, and then last but not least my children have asked me if I would go to a favorite Italian restuarant for MY mother's day dinner on Tuesday.....so I decided the best day to start would be Wed May 21st. In the meantime, I am reading everything I can get my hands on to get a handle on LC and the forums here. I have 110 lbs to lose....not an easy task!!! But have made the decision that I am tired of missing out on too much of life because of my weight. Please, wish me luck!!!! So taking on the committment of one year is probably the best thing for me. If I may do so, I would like very much to participate in your one year committement: I wanttolive, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Wanttolive.
  #90   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 20:30

Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hello fellow Kentuckian! Welcome to the forum, and welcome to the TDC!