Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 13:56
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

There are a lot of warm hearts and helping hands around here! Keep it up! Keep the success stories going!
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 15:08

Plan: May 03 CAD
Stats: 233/231/150
BF:
Progress: 2%
Smile Entry Plan - Day Three ( Still Scared )

Hi Everyone

Thanks for any speedy replies to questions I ask - they are appreciated believe me.

Well its day three and I think I may have over done it on the RM - so here goes :-

Brekkie
3 slices of bacon - 2 eggs
herbal tea

herbal tea

lunch
chicken
tiny bit of mushroom
herbal tea

2 x herbal tea

Dinner
finished chocolate bar from last night
2 lamb grill steaks
swede
brocolli
5 crispy roll biscuits (about size of little finger each)
2 small sticky toffee sponges with toffee sauce
herbal tea

2 x herbal tea

Its been a really stressful day today at school and I think my RM reflects that. I have always turned to sweet stuff when I've not been 'right' - so thank god I am able to do that legally now.

I've not been weighed today - so I dont know how I'm doing. I have to say I have a colleague at work who totally doubts this plan and she is doing her best to convince me that it cannot possibly work right now. Maybe its wrong of me - but a little of that doubt has crept in my mind. Even so - I am still determined to give it the two weeks as I promised and then I will see then.

Sorry folks but major reassurance is needed right now that I've done the right thing.

Thank you so much for listening and most importantly for caring - you really are a great bunch.

bye for now
  #138   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 15:17

Plan: General Lowcarbing
Stats: 188/185/150
BF:
Progress: 8%

Julie, I know people who are skeptical too. I think it's the sixty minute RM that is hard to believe. I have a hard time thinking I can lose weight too, so let's just forget about the others and just do our plan. We'll show them! (I think ).

Roche
  #139   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 15:37

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 157/147.5/138 Female 5 ft 6 1/2 in
BF:?/26%/24%
Progress: 50%
Default Work the plan

And the plan will work for you!

Julie, this WILL WORK! It's worked for many others in the past (including our own Sheila and Zuliekaa). You owe it to yourself to go for the full 2 weeks. But remember -- you can't cheat! There aren't many rules, but you need to stick to them.

If it gets your friends off your back, just tell them that you're taking a break from dieting for a couple of weeks ... because of the stress at work or whatever. As you know, when you're eating a RM it's hard for anyone else to see the difference between that and a carb-fest!
  #140   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 15:44
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Slimmin

You're so right. There aren't many rules, but you can't break them and you can't cheat. If you feel stuffed and satisfied with no hunger or cravings, your doing it right. If you're doing it right don't worry.

A lot of times people might mean well (I hope) but they can sabotage you nevertheless. Believe me I've been there a few times. Keep to the plan for two weeks.
  #141   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 15:59

BF:

Thanks everyone

Well just had a conversation on messenger with a member of carblife forum.

He's been trying also to convince me not to do this - said it confuses our body. One minute we give it no carbs and the next hit it with loads.

Never mind - I will go get weighed tomorrow and see how I'm going on. I will stick with this for the two weeks and give it my all.

can someone tell me if I've gone over board in my RM today? maybe its the guilty feelings I'm having thats having this negative affect on me.

Also it would be nice if we 'not quite doubters' could see some examples of menu's of our experienced CADers - if possible please.

Thank you again
  #142   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 15:59

Plan: Six week Body Makeover
Stats: 251.4/220.4/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default Re: Entry Plan - Day Three ( Still Scared )

Quote:
Originally posted by Tigra1965

snip I have to say I have a colleague at work who totally doubts this plan and she is doing her best to convince me that it cannot possibly work right now.
snip

GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! Tell that saboteur to p**s off! The last thing anyone needs when starting something new is someone whispering in her ear that it can't possibly work!

Just don't tell her what you are doing...then she can't try to prevent you from succeeding. If she won't shut up, tell her that you are under physician's orders to keep your stress level down and she can't nag at you. Doctor's orders!

Your RM looks fine to me.....those "sticky toffee" spongy things sound delish! What are they? Did you make them or does some wonderful store where you live sell them?

I think you are doing fine, and two weeks is a good committment to make. By that time, you will be so comfortable on this plan you will know it inside and out. Promise!!

And if you're not hungry all the time or craving carbs, and you maybe lose a bit of weight, you're doing it right. It's that simple.
  #143   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 16:04

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by Tigra1965

snip
can someone tell me if I've gone over board in my RM today? maybe its the guilty feelings I'm having thats having this negative affect on me.

Also it would be nice if we 'not quite doubters' could see some examples of menu's of our experienced CADers - if possible please.

Thank you again

I can't tell you, but your body can. Pay close attention to how you feel, whether you get hungry again soon after eating and whether you feel satisfied enough that you have no need to eat. That will tell you how you are doing much more clearly than the scale or any other person can possibly do.

If you want to see what I eat, check out my journal. Everyday I post a single post that has my day's activities.....you'll find them in between visits from friends. Feel free to browse to your heart's content. I'd put them here, but it's rather redundant.
  #144   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 16:14

BF:
Smile What would we newbies do with out you kind people !!!

Thanks Skyspinner

I'm off to look at your journal now and the sticky toffee puds are from frozen food company. You just pop them in the microwave and 2 mins later they are ready.

bye for now
  #145   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 17:40

BF:
Default IT'S CYBER VOO DOO, I TELL YOU!

Hm.......so far I have gained a lb., but I AM wearing my size 14 jeans, my wedding ring can still come off, and I am not bloated. Also, I had two people tell me today that I look really good. One of them asked if I had lost more weight. These are the first two comments I have had since finishing Induction towards the middle/end of August. After induction, SIL asked if I had lost weight. I find this ve.......ry interesting.

Anyway, what I find most unusual is my lack of cravings. I experience a little hunger, but NOT VERY MUCH! I was slightly hungry this morning, but was too busy, so ate a Whopper w/o bun at BK about 1:00 ish. Am somewhat hungry and will eat RM in a bit.

I have had chocolate chip cookies, brownies, and now banana bread sitting on my counter all week, and I haven't cheated. Okay, so WHAT'S UP? IT'S CYBER VOO DOO I TELL YOU!

First, I read about Skyspinner and JudyTrue not being hungry, and I found it hard to believe. Surely it was a psychological sort of placebo effect, right? Anyway, now that I am not that hungry, I decided that it is CYBER VOO DOO. WE ARE ALL ONE......

(Sitting in lotus position with room dimmed and incense burning: "Om............Om.......Om........Om.......")

Later, Roche
  #146   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 18:12
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Roche, Roche

Stop! My stomach is hurting I'm laughing so hard. VooDoo. CAD VooDoo! IT'S HOW NORMAL PEOPLE FEEL!!!!

tigra1965
There really is no right reward meal. It's whatever you want. Really! Just try to throw in some veggies for balance. Otherwise, go for it! Trust me! Trust CAD!!!
  #147   ^
Old Sat, Nov-16-02, 00:29

BF:
Default IN OTHER WORDS......

TRUST THE WAY.........("Om........Om.......Om......Om....")
  #148   ^
Old Sat, Nov-16-02, 10:31

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 157/147.5/138 Female 5 ft 6 1/2 in
BF:?/26%/24%
Progress: 50%
Default it must be the time

Roche, what are you doing up at 1:30 in the morning! Oh, I see ... you're meditating ...
  #149   ^
Old Sat, Nov-16-02, 11:09

BF:

1:30 a.m? ......NO WAY GIRLFRIEND! I don't know what area the board is posted at (....for example....Mountain Standard), but I promise I was in bed by midnight. At least I "think" I was....maybe I was in such a meditative trance I didn't realize I was online....HA HA HA.

Everyone have a great CAD/CALP weekend. Roche
  #150   ^
Old Sat, Nov-16-02, 12:54

BF:

Good morning, all.....I'm a Happy Camper this AM...back down to 226.0 again. Was over 228 yesterday. I really think I had two things at CM I should not have.....broccoli and cooking sherry. Can't imagine what else caused my weight to go up 2 pounds.

Hope everyone has a great CAD weekend.....