Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#481   ^
Old Mon, Feb-05-18, 05:00

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Bernie I feel for you with all that snow and shovel work, but JO has a countdown to spring happening Hopefully soon the snows won't fly anymore!

DE hope all is good!

JO, I used to watch Super Bowl, but I had my share of super bowl hype and now I am way over it for years now LOL....could care less. I think Eagles won?? I flipped to it and score was like 22 to 12 and I thought, huh, Eagles got this and that is all I know!!

I had no food worries on this super bowl party stuff. Regular old food so didn't have to deal with any kind of 'lc food party subs' or make a zillion wings or anything like that!

Don't have nothing much to do today mostly.
Weather is still rainy nasty out but the ice that was here is now gone, so no school delay, off she goes in a bit.

I think I am gonna go hit my soap room and get rid of more stuff in there. I just clean that room as I want, when I want, got rid of a ton of things, but time to hit it again and maybe move out some shelves to the landfill.....if I just keep it moving in there a bit at a time I can then get everything out and rip out the carpet and all. Eh, working on it

great day everyone!
Sponsored Links
  #482   ^
Old Mon, Feb-05-18, 06:29
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Smile Monday, 5 February 2018

G' Monday Mornin', Warriors!!

Wishing all of you a totally marvelous day in every.single.way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:
Once you CONTROL your MIND, you can CONQUER your BODY!
~ unknown

Onward WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Googled the results of the Superbowl and my underdogs WON! Yeeeehaaaaa EAGLES!

Okay enough of that!

First week of February! How'd that happen?? Last day of Parent Teacher Conferences and I'll only be there this morning. I have an eye doctor app this afternoon.

Haven't been to the eye doctor in several years. My eyesight hasn't changed but I need new glasses... broke my spare pair! And of course, my prescription expired like 3 months ago... I didn't know there was an expiration date on glasses prescriptions... gees any way for da "man" to make $$$$ off of us! Pfffffffffffft!

Moving on...

It will be a good week at school... short instructional week for sure!

Have my one and only teacher evaluation next Tuesday. Only two of us in the bldg get one evaluation, everyone else gets 2 b/c they are new or their evaluations weren't up to par...

I ain't worried... I got all my lil' educational ducks in a row... spent hours over the week-end writing up my flipping waste-of-time self-evaluation paperwork.

Will spend more time on it next week-end. I want to have it as "perfect" as possible. Not like my job depends on it...they can't fire me for a bad evaluation...not that I've ever had one in my entire career!

It is what it is!

Weather was lovely yesterday but it was windy and too chilly to sunbathe but it's all good I will have more opportunities in the near future!!

Supposed to get around low 70s again today! Woot! Woot! Maybe I'll sunbathe after my app this afternoon... hopefully the wind won't happen again!

24 Days til SPRING!

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
JO sent ya a quickie email.....just to let ya know all is good and yes for sure I am 1000% waiting for early spring to happen cause I blossom in that time, in winter I shut down HAHA
all cool
Got it and emailed you back, etc...

I hear ya on wanting SPRING to be SPRUNG!
Quote:
JO, I used to watch Super Bowl, but I had my share of super bowl hype and now I am way over it for years now LOL....could care less. I think Eagles won?? I flipped to it and score was like 22 to 12 and I thought, huh, Eagles got this and that is all I know!!
Yeppers they did WIN! Like I really care ...seriously!
Quote:
I had no food worries on this super bowl party stuff. Regular old food so didn't have to deal with any kind of 'lc food party subs' or make a zillion wings or anything like that!
I totally hear where you're coming from...

For me, it doesn't matter what the event, celebration, holiday, what have you... I don't deviate from what I normally eat.

Although, I did pick up a Jennie O turkey breast for a song on an after Christmas sale that Imma saving for my twin bro's B'day! Yummmmmmm!

I don't eat turkey but 2-3 times a year (Thanksgiving, Christmas and twin bro's B'day).
Quote:
Don't have nothing much to do today mostly.
Weather is still rainy nasty out but the ice that was here is now gone, so no school delay, off she goes in a bit.
You guys really are having one hell of a winter! Glad that Nicole doesn't have a delay... makes for a wonky kinda day at school since the routine is messed up... (been there, done that!)
Quote:
I think I am gonna go hit my soap room and get rid of more stuff in there. I just clean that room as I want, when I want, got rid of a ton of things, but time to hit it again and maybe move out some shelves to the landfill.....if I just keep it moving in there a bit at a time I can then get everything out and rip out the carpet and all. Eh, working on it
Sounds like a great plan since the weather is nasty out! I know you won't want to do it when the weather is NICE!

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Happy super bowl Sunday!
Did your team win? Did you have a dog in the fight??
Quote:
Been out all morning shoveling the driveway and walkways! Still snowing was suppose to stop at 12. They now say till 3.
Will do some more shoveling and then head by son for Super Bowl Celebration! Heck don’t know if I wasn’t asked if I would even bother to watch game!
Wow that's a lot of shoveling! You must have impressive arms!

at "wouldn't bother to watch the game!" Same way I feel.

My principal invited all of us to his house for a Superbowl Party... I didn't go... don't really like the man, certainly will not go socialize with him, KWIM???

De:
OMG, I am totally hooked on Sue Grafton's Alphabet Series... Imma reading O is for Outlaw right now... I've purchased all the books in the series for my Kindle... so Imma all set!

You'll have to hook me up with another author as soon as Imma done with these!
  #483   ^
Old Mon, Feb-05-18, 10:23

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Good morning!

Our weather has been really good lately. Highs in the seventies and not much wind, so enjoyable with no jackets needed.

Girls left today. We had a good visit, although hectic at times! They are heavy carb eaters, so there’s that! Lots of meal prep and clean up for me. They wanted to eat out a lot too, so I was also driving them around a lot. I am used to staying at home more. I am also not eating all day long like them and don’t keep snacks around.

Today will be a book reading day I think. The quiet is good, although missing my girls.

Jo, I will have to compile some authors I enjoy reading. I have to admit Sue Grafton is one of my favorite though. I like good mysteries and suspense books the best. I am not into science fiction or horror. True crime is good too.

We went over to my son’s house for the Super Bowl. I don’t normally watch sports on television, don’t care who won or who was playing. I dont have a team. Just went for the company.

Bernie & Karen...hope your weather improves soon. Countdown to spring soon! We will be heading to the beach pretty soon, so am hoping for decent weather. A little cool is ok.

Have a good Monday Warriors.
  #484   ^
Old Mon, Feb-05-18, 13:20

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Yep the eagles won! It was a good game! Kept away from all the carbage enjoyed the time with family!

Another 2-5 inches of snow ❄️ this afternoon! Resting up for snow ❄️ shoveling!
Jo... Day sounds fun. Eyeglasses appt always good to see how you doing! My eyes have improved as I get older!
De.... Glad you had a great time with your girls! I also find when I with DD and family they always stopping for food! I also
Don’t eat out much! Beach trip
Sounds great!
Karen.... Hang in there spring is a coming just have to get this nasty weather out of here!
Have a marvelous Monday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #485   ^
Old Tue, Feb-06-18, 06:44
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Smile Tuesday, 6 February 2018

Happy Tuesday Mornin', Warriors!!

Have a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day b/c it's always a CHOICE!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

I’m working on MYSELF, by MYSELF, for MYSELF!
~ unknown

Gonna be a "weird" feelin' week at school... Almost like a Monday holiday kinda thing except that we had to be in for PTCs. It's all good though. I really did enjoy seeing all the 'rents and it was positive and upbeat!

Got a chance to squirrel the parents away to show off the quilts their kiddos are creating in my Intro to Clothing and Design class. They were properly impressed with their kiddos work! They've really worked hard!

I did display 8 of the finished quilts on the walls around where we were doing PTC to show-off the students' work. They all got lots of ooohs and aaaahs! Well deserved!

I think my principal was suffering from "brown bottle flu" yesterday b/c of his Superbowl party... I just thought he was sick from the crud that's going around until one of my colleagues mentioned it... hmmmmmmmmm

Moving on...

Eye doctor app went well (longer than I anticipated) considering I haven't been in for an exam in several years. Eye sight the same!

My insurance covered the bulk of my expenses for the exam and new glasses. I was only out-of-pocket around $50 b/c they don't cover transition lens and I really need those around here!

Didn't get home until around 3:30 pm so no sunbathing for me...

Gonna be around low 70s again today! But the winds are supposed to be blowing in this afternoon... bummer!

23 Days til SPRING!

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Our weather has been really good lately. Highs in the seventies and not much wind, so enjoyable with no jackets needed.
NICE! We can go w/o jackets in the afternoon but in the mornings it's still a tad chilly esp before the sun comes up...
Quote:
Girls left today. We had a good visit, although hectic at times! They are heavy carb eaters, so there’s that! Lots of meal prep and clean up for me. They wanted to eat out a lot too, so I was also driving them around a lot. I am used to staying at home more. I am also not eating all day long like them and don’t keep snacks around.
Family visits are fun but I know what you mean by hectic at times and esp if they don't eat like "we" eat.

It's always interesting for me to watch how other people eat...
Quote:
Today will be a book reading day I think. The quiet is good, although missing my girls.
Sounds like a good plan, hope you were able to just read and chil-lax! Totally understand the "missing your girls" part.

Is moving to where they live still a consideration or have you guys totally abandoned that option for now??
Quote:
Jo, I will have to compile some authors I enjoy reading. I have to admit Sue Grafton is one of my favorite though. I like good mysteries and suspense books the best. I am not into science fiction or horror. True crime is good too.
I would love your compilation of favorite authors and books!

And I am thoroughly enjoying Sue Grafton's books! I just started P is for Peril!
Quote:
We went over to my son’s house for the Super Bowl. I don’t normally watch sports on television, don’t care who won or who was playing. I dont have a team. Just went for the company.
From what I've heard on our thread, none of the Warriors are big TV-sports watching fans... interesting!!!

Another thing we all have in common then!

Hey when are you leaving for your beach vaca? Isn't that coming up real soon?

Berni:
Quote:
Yep the eagles won! It was a good game! Kept away from all the carbage enjoyed the time with family!
Of course you stayed away from all the carb-age!!
Quote:
Another 2-5 inches of snow ❄️ this afternoon! Resting up for snow ❄️ shoveling!
Holy Hannah! Hope this clears up quickly for crying out loud!! Gees you guys are getting hit hard!
Quote:
Jo... Day sounds fun. Eyeglasses appt always good to see how you doing! My eyes have improved as I get older!
I just need glasses to read and they haven't changed much since I started wearing "reading" glasses when I hit 45...

I get "real" glasses b/c I was forever losing my "readers" in my various classrooms... was soooo annoying. Then having to switch to sunglasses to go outside and switch back to readers... blah blah blah, you get the picture.

Sure, prescription glasses are more expensive, but I don't lose 'em & since they are better quality they last me a long time...

At least that's what I tell myself to justify the expense and no more hunting for the ding dang glasses!

The top half of the glasses are not corrective at all but the bottoms are progressive for reading! Works for me!

Karen:

Hope you're doing well!
  #486   ^
Old Tue, Feb-06-18, 21:32

BF:

hello Warriors

I hope everyone had a good Tuesday. I had my 4yr old DGD for the day. It was a nice day to take her to the park

There’s nothing much going on here. Will be heading to the beach at the end of next week. Looking forward to vacation.
  #487   ^
Old Wed, Feb-07-18, 05:55
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Happy HUMP Day, Warriors!!

Wishing all of you a totally wondrous Wednesday in every single way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

It comes down to ONE simple thing…How BAD do you WANT it??
~ unknown

Wow already HUMP DAY! Can't believe it's all downhill to the w/e from here!

Classes are going great, kiddos are amazing, life is GOOD!

Nothing much to say except it's gonna be a wonderful Wednesday as far as Imma concerned!

22 Days til SPRING!

De:
Quote:
I hope everyone had a good Tuesday.
Mine was terrific! Hope yours was the same! Wow you posted late...
Quote:
I had my 4yr old DGD for the day. It was a nice day to take her to the park
That's great that you get one-on-one time with her.

Imma glad the weather is nice for an outing to the park! B/c I know pretty soon it's gonna be crazy HOT there!
Quote:
There’s nothing much going on here. Will be heading to the beach at the end of next week. Looking forward to vacation.
Nice! Is it gonna be warm enough to go swimming?

How long are you guys gonna be gone?

Are you having any family coming up to visit you whilst you are at the beach? If I remember correctly in years past, your bro and SIL would come visit...

Gees, sounds like the Inquisition with all the questions!

Sorry NOT really!

Berni:
Hope you're doing well!

How's the falling stock market affecting your work or does it have any bearing?

Karen:
Hope you and the fam are doing well! When's the next RV adventure??
  #488   ^
Old Wed, Feb-07-18, 14:20

BF:

Hello warriors,

Yep I have been pulling double shifts ever since the stock market went bonkers!
Plus you guessed it more snow ❄️ last night! Just finished shoveling another 4-8 inches coming on Thursday night to Friday!
Okay I am seriously done with snow ⛄️!

Jo....thanks for posting and checking on us warriors!

De... The beach 🏖 sounds wonderful next weekend! I With Jo gives us all the details ‘
Karen.... Hope you are doing well!
Have a wonderful Wednesday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #489   ^
Old Thu, Feb-08-18, 05:27
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Thursday, 8 February 2018

Happy Friday Eve, Warriors!!

Hope this finds all of you doing well! Take some time today to just chil-lax to take care of YOU b/c you're WORTH IT!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

GOOD things do NOT come to those who WAIT.

They come to those who WORK their asses off & NEVER give up!

~ unknown

Friday Eve morning already. Wow! Can't believe how fast this week has flown by...

I know it has a lot to do with totally lovin' my job and most esp my kiddos at school.

Sure I have a couple of bobble heads but I only get 'em for 40 mins and they seriously crack me up!

OMG my principal gave me a compliment yesterday... I was thrown for a loop b/c he rarely acknowledges people's efforts.

I was asking him about several items for my eval. One of the areas we are evaluated in is "professionalism" and one of the sub groups is parent contact.

I asked him if he wanted me to print every single email correspondence I've had with the parents all year long... TALK about a waste of paper... B/c I make at least 2 positive contacts a week. I send out postcards that I created cheering their students efforts, etc...

I have a running log of each contact I've made and asked him if that was sufficient and I've saved each email in an e-folder...

He said, naw, don't waste the paper, the running log will do it! Then he added, "Jo, you are one of the most professional teachers I have ever worked with, you've always got your ducks in a row and I can always count on you to get things done on time!"

OMG, you could've knocked me over with a feather! Holy Hannah!!

What can I say? Imma organized, I don't procrastinate and Imma a rule follower to the max...

And here's what else happened yesterday...

Back story: Since I wasn't in school Monday afternoon due to the eye doctor appointment, I sent out emails to all the 'rents whose Parent Teacher Conferences I missed. Just wanted to touch base with 'em and let 'em know I didn't "ditch" school.

What we do for PTC is print up a grade report sheet for each student and place it in the student's folder which we give to the 'rents at the conferences. So they have an updated grade report for each of their student's classes. I might not have been there in person, but they did get feedback from me...

Anyhoo... I received back some really sweet emails. One in particular was from a parent that said: "You are my favorite teacher and your my son's favorite as well!"

You can imagine that I had a big azz grin on my face all day long... well I usually do...but it was extra big yesterday!

Imma so grateful to do what I love and love what I do! Plus they pay me for it!

21 Days til SPRING!

Sorry didn't mean to write so much, but I wanted to share what happened yesterday at school...

Berni:
Quote:
Yep I have been pulling double shifts ever since the stock market went bonkers!
I figured you were crazy busy... and it looks like the stock market is still wonky today as well!
Quote:
Plus you guessed it more snow ❄️ last night! Just finished shoveling another 4-8 inches coming on Thursday night to Friday!
Bummer! Hope this bad weather let's up soon...
Quote:
Okay I am seriously done with snow ⛄️!
I feel your pain...maybe it's time to think about re-locating to warmer climates, no???
Quote:
Jo....thanks for posting and checking on us warriors!
No worries! I love posting on our thread with all of you!
Quote:
Have a wonderful Wednesday warriors and take care of yourself!
Hope you get a chance to chil-lax today, girlie!!!

De & Karen:
Hope you two are well! Truly miss you guys when you don't post and you know I worry!
  #490   ^
Old Thu, Feb-08-18, 06:24

BF:

I am around, just in a ticked off kinda winter mood right now LOL
Everything is going fine and still fighting with all my warrior fight I have in me to make sure I do what is best for me each day!!

Bernie, yikes, that amt of snow, I have no doubt you are way over it, but JO is still doing her countdown to spring and yes it is still coming LOL

HI DE!!

HI JO, very cool to read about your work within the school and you got some acknowledgement on how professional you are! Happy for you Hey, some of us do work hard and work well etc within our career systems and it is nice to get some great feedback and compliments!! Cool!!

hey all
doing good
just cruising thru the days

hate winter

SO MUCH rain the other day. Flooded the one horse barn almost and then Pumpkin the ancient goat went down and I thought she was dying, did some old meds from the days and got her back on her feet finally. Ugh, just not cool, she is so darn old something is gonna get her sooner than later but I wasn't ready to lose her just yet....hubby fired up the backhoe to get ready to bury her, lol, but I fixed her up, so far, so good.

Darn septic! Stupid toilet overflowed while kiddo was taking a shower....OMG ya know....don't even want to go there on that one! Called septic guys and handled. WTH?

Kiddo's phone has died. volume buttons and power button won't work, had to handle that mess, but have warranty replacement thing so free new phone is coming now

everything that can go wrong is going wrong, literally.

help HA HA

eh, will live thru it all
  #491   ^
Old Thu, Feb-08-18, 12:46

BF:

Happy day after HUMP day!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Thursday. Hi Karen, Bernie & Jo...

We are about to head to Costco to see about getting new tires for the SUV before our trip.

We went to the library yesterday and picked up a lot of books to read

Tonight I am grilling a tri-tip steak for dinner...yum!

Warrior on....
  #492   ^
Old Thu, Feb-08-18, 14:48

BF:

Hello warriors,

Getting ready for the next snow ❄️ storm suppose to start at 7 tonight and go all the way till Friday at 9 pm. 8-12 inches. I think school will be canceled for grandkiddies! Told DD not coming out in this one she want me come and get me and drop me home 🏡!
I am hoping she leaves me alone between fighting the snow tomorrow and working from home I be tired!
Did another run to Wally for lettuce and some tuna. Just in case we lose power I ready with southwest tuna salad. Got more jalapeños so I all ready! Lots of water bottle too just in case!
Jo.... Awesome compliments from the principal and a parent and you deserve everyone of them and more!
Karen.... Glad you stopped by hang in there inch by inch life get better!
De... sound like a very productive day!
Have a terrific Thursday and take care of yourself!
  #493   ^
Old Fri, Feb-09-18, 04:41

BF:

HI DE! sounds like you are gearing up for your trip!! Tri-tip, YUM, you sure can't go wrong on that!

Bernie, another big storm. ugh. feel for you. AND you are right in that over the weekend with a big storm it means stay home and rest and snooze and relax I mean if ya can't on a big snow weekend, when can ya LOL

Hey JO!! Hope all is going well.

Hey all
nothing much doing but little things that are annoying to get done.
camper goes in Monday for new generator put into it, new remote fan added and tail light fixed. Glad when all that is done and I can get'er home and start getting it ready for big San Antonio trip at end of March.

today is run to store for MIL and get her some stuff she needs. She is improving and should be driving soon etc. So far so good.

other junk to get done here as usual...all the stupid stuff we all got to do

having nice big old bacon cheeseburger tonight for dinner, on the grill outside...yum.

great day everyone
  #494   ^
Old Fri, Feb-09-18, 05:51
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Friday, 9 February 2018

G' Friday Mornin', Warriors!!

Wishing everyone a totally fab-tastic day in every single way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

BELIEVE in yourself & You will be UNSTOPPABLE!
~ unknown

SO COOL that all the Warriors posted yesterday! Woot! Woot!

Gosh already Friday...mixed blessings b/c I like being with the kiddos at school and I like having my weekends too!

Gives me time to recharge my batteries!

We also have a 3-day w/e coming up for Prez Day next w/e! NICE!

On Monday we'll be starting week 6 of quarter 3. Holy Hannah it's gonna be May before we know it!

Just looked at my calendar and I have 69 more days of school/work left! WOW! That's crazy!

This afternoon I have my pre-evaluation conference with my principal. Basically it entails a meeting about what he will come to observe for my formal evaluation on Tuesday morning in one of my Keyboarding classes.

It's all good b/c I've got everything ready to go and Imma not stressing about any of it! I ain't got time for dat!

As usual, Imma pickin' up the lil' furbaby, Chico, from the ex after school today...

20 Days til SPRING!

Karen:
Quote:
I am around, just in a ticked off kinda winter mood right now LOL
Everything is going fine and still fighting with all my warrior fight I have in me to make sure I do what is best for me each day!!
I feel your pain, girlie! I know how miserable winter-y weather makes you feel!

Bright side...only 20 more days til SPRING!
Quote:
HI JO, very cool to read about your work within the school and you got some acknowledgement on how professional you are! Happy for you Hey, some of us do work hard and work well etc within our career systems and it is nice to get some great feedback and compliments!! Cool!!
Thanks! I was pretty surprised myself b/c he doesn't give out compliments handily!

Imma sure you know people like that...who feel that giving out compliments would diminish them in some way...

I know it has a lot to do with LOW self-esteem...

My principal knows he's NOT competent and he's forever covering his ass with the higher ups and the parents. I've witness him throwing teachers under the bus to cover his ass... what an idiot! Any hoo...
Quote:
SO MUCH rain the other day. Flooded the one horse barn almost and then Pumpkin the ancient goat went down and I thought she was dying, did some old meds from the days and got her back on her feet finally. Ugh, just not cool, she is so darn old something is gonna get her sooner than later but I wasn't ready to lose her just yet....hubby fired up the backhoe to get ready to bury her, lol, but I fixed her up, so far, so good.
Awwww I hope Pumpkin is doing better...

Didn't mean to laugh when I read your description of Tony's firing up the backhoe!

BUT OMG, that cracked me up! So typical of a male, right? Everything is solved with a piece of heavy equipment!
Quote:
Darn septic! Stupid toilet overflowed while kiddo was taking a shower....OMG ya know....don't even want to go there on that one! Called septic guys and handled. WTH?
Oh man, I've had days like that when I lived on property with a septic system... Enuff said!
Quote:
Kiddo's phone has died. volume buttons and power button won't work, had to handle that mess, but have warranty replacement thing so free new phone is coming now
Gees those Apple phones seem to not be worth the expense, IMHO. Didn't she just get this phone for Christmas?

Oh man, Karen when it RAINS it literally POURS at your house... but you've got a good sense of humor and it's all minor crap if you think about it since what's important is that everyone is healthy, happy etc... right?

That's all the really matters in the end!
Quote:
camper goes in Monday for new generator put into it, new remote fan added and tail light fixed. Glad when all that is done and I can get'er home and start getting it ready for big San Antonio trip at end of March.
So you all are headed to San Antonio! That's great! Been there, done that!

Hope you've got the Riverwalk and the Alamo on your list of things to see and do!

How long you guys gonna be there?
Quote:
today is run to store for MIL and get her some stuff she needs. She is improving and should be driving soon etc. So far so good.
That is good news! Glad she's improving!

De:
Quote:
Happy day after HUMP day!
Quote:
I hope everyone is having a wonderful Thursday. Hi Karen, Bernie & Jo...
Mine was terrific, hope yours was the same!
Quote:
We are about to head to Costco to see about getting new tires for the SUV before our trip.

We went to the library yesterday and picked up a lot of books to read
Sounds like you've got everything done on your "pre-trip" to do list!

BTW: Speaking of books, I am currently on Q is for Quarry. Love these books!
Quote:
Tonight I am grilling a tri-tip steak for dinner...yum!
Yum indeed!
Quote:
Warrior on....
You betcha!

Berni:
Quote:
Getting ready for the next snow ❄️ storm suppose to start at 7 tonight and go all the way till Friday at 9 pm. 8-12 inches.
Wow that's a lot of snow!
Quote:
I think school will be canceled for grandkiddies! Told DD not coming out in this one she want me come and get me and drop me home 🏡!
I am hoping she leaves me alone between fighting the snow tomorrow and working from home I be tired!
I don't blame you for not wanting to be out there driving in that mess! Good plan to have your DD come get you if she needs you!
Quote:
Did another run to Wally for lettuce and some tuna. Just in case we lose power I ready with southwest tuna salad. Got more jalapeños so I all ready! Lots of water bottle too just in case!
I love the way you think! Most peeps faced with power outage (NOT any of us Warrior, though) would use that as an excuse to eat off plan! WTG staying WARRIOR strong, girlie!
Quote:
Jo.... Awesome compliments from the principal and a parent and you deserve everyone of them and more!
Thanks! Always nice to be acknowledged for doing one's job and I do mine to the best of my abilities!
  #495   ^
Old Sat, Feb-10-18, 00:03

BF:

Hi All..

I hope everyone had a great Friday!

We are getting the new tires put on tomorrow. They had to be ordered. We got a really good deal & they were having a big sale.

I didn’t realize there was a holiday coming up. Now I know

Don’t envy you on all that snow Bernie. We’ve lived in snow before and I know it can be a PITA.

Have a great weekend my Warrior friends.