Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 07:37
Anyone?? Bueller?

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default Only 5-10 pounds left? Looking...

for buddies to share the last leg of the journey with.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 07:46

Plan: adkins
Stats: 160/148.5/130 Female 5 4
BF:
Progress: 38%

That sounds good! I have 15, does that count?
Renee
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 08:21
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Hi Renee!! I look forward to getting to know you!

These last few pounds are going to be a struggle for me.. my original goal was to make goal and have a few pound buffer for the holidays.. we'll see how it goes I guess.

I went to see Master and Commander last night and caved Movie theater popcorn has been the hardest thing for me to give up. I avoided even going to movies for the last 2 months because I knew I couldn't resist the temptation. Well, I thought I was ready, planned a SF chocolate bar into my carb limit yesterday to take with, got to the counter to order my diet soda and I blurted out *large popcorn extra butter* ACK.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 08:35

BF:

I do the same thing!!! I am so used to buying my children sweets and such, so I try to always take a low carb bar with me for a snack. Thats a good habit to get into. If you cheated on popcorn I dont think thats so bad! It could have been much worse. The butter was OK!!!lol
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 08:42
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

How old are your children Renee?

Mine are 7 (almost 8), 5, 2 and 7 months.

I saw your post about dropping sizes. It's taking me forever to drop sizes... I don't know what the heck happened to my body after my last 2 pregnancies, but at almost 125, I'm still in a size 8. A few summer's ago at 125 I was a size 4... go figure
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 08:52

BF:

I have a 2yr old son and 10yr old daughter. I weighed 184 when I went in the hospital to have my son. After I had my daughter I weighed 135 when leaving the hospital!!! I weigh more than that NOW!!! I wear most 10s now.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 08:58

Stats: 137/133/125 Female 5'6
BF:

Hi,

I'd like to get this this group!! Becki, your from Wisconsin!! Me too. I'm from a western suburb of Milwaukee. I have two girls. A 3 1/2 year old and a 6 year old. Also, Renee, I just responded to your size question. Well, at first I wanted to weigh 120-125. I've changed my goal to 130. I exercise a lot and my clothes feel looser. I generally wear a size 8 in dress pants. In jeans, I wear a size 8 (snug) or 10 (loose). My goal is to wear 6 dress pants and 8 (loose) jeans. I don't care about the number on scale. I'm more concerned about size. I think if I weigh 130 and contine to build muscle that I can do it. It is frustrating, I've been doing low carb for months and have lost minimal weight. For several month, I was eating lots ot Atkins bars (several a day) and I'm not sure if I was in ketosis. For the last 2 weeks, I cut out this and test myself daily. I'm in ketosis. At least that is what the strip says. I'll keep at it until January and see where I'm at. Angie
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 09:13

BF:

Nice to meet you Angie T and 4beans4me(whats your name by the way)
Look forward to the journey with you guys Now Im off Christmas shopping!
Renee
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 09:22
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Renee, my name is Becki I think I did my signature right, Angie, do you see it?

Nice to meet you Angie! I'm located between Milwaukee and Madison. My sister lives in Waukesha and we visit Milwaukee often. It would be fun to meet for coffee sometime!!
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 12:30

Stats: 137/133/125 Female 5'6
BF:

Hi becki,

That would be fun. What community do you live in? I live in Delafield. Also, Renee have fun shopping. Better to go shopping before crowds. I'm going tomorrow. Meeting a college friend in Oshkosh. There is an outlet mall there. Hopefully, I'll get done with my girls gifts. My husband likes to start shopping a week prior to CHristmas. Drives me nuts. Angie
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 12:48
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Too funny Angie! I was just in Delafield last night at the Hillside theaters.

Have fun with your friend shopping! I'm happy to say all of my holiday shopping and crafts are done. Now I just need to work on the wrapping...
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 14:13
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

How was shopping Renee?
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 17:51

BF:

Hi Guys,
Becki , IM so dense! I see your name up there very clearly! I had a good time shopping but Im tired. I went specifically for Christmas decorations and came back with everything but. My daughter was excited about getting decorations so we will have to go back real soon!

Thats really cool you guys live so close together! How did yalls day go?
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 19:15
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Glad you had a nice time shopping Renee I'd like to venture out and get a few new decorations this year too. I've been trying to phase out some of the *cheesier* stuff that DH and I have had since we met.

My day went well. Stayed within my carb limit, but I'm struggling with hunger pangs and cravings due to the dang popcorn binge last night...

Are both of you on OWL? How many carbs do you do a day?
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 19:21

BF:

Im trying to stay around 40 , although today wasnt good. All the shopping left me hungry. I had to eat quick as did the family. I made them a pizza and me crab cakes. I had 4 crab cakes and tgi fridays spinach, artichoke and cheese dip with tortilla chips. The crab cakes are 6 carbs each , the dip 0, and the tortillas were about 17 I think. Sounds like you did great today! I promise to do alot better tomorrow!
Renee