Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Fri, Jun-29-07, 09:16

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 65
BF:
Progress: -50%

Oh my goodness! My heart is doing flip-flops just reading about the purchase of "scoop-front brazilian bikini"??? Are you kidding me? That is fabulous!

Now, about the booty. I have NONE. Even at 274 I didn't have a butt. It's like a flat piece of paper...nothing there. No cushion...no lift...no derriere...nada, zilch, you get the point...

I have often thought of having those brazilian butt implants...OR fat injections into my arse to help plump it up in the right area.

I'm jealous of yo' booty!!!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Fri, Jun-29-07, 15:52
Princess Sara

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 210/165.6/150 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:---
Progress: 74%

M.Y.,
Have you seen one of those plastic surgery shows where they take fat out of the person's belly and inject it into their butts? Isn't that wild?! Maybe you should ask about that when you get your front done...."Hey, Doc just flip me over and boost my butt." It just seems so efficient doesn't it?

I just think it is funny that I've never really looked at my behind. I have been so focused on the big ole' boobs and belly. I knew I didn't have wide hips, but I never actually paid attention to how much my cheeks stuck out the back. Isn't that just so typical of overweight people? We avoid the mirror as best we can, then when we actually do look we only see the stuff we hate. Good grief!

Now, M.Y. and the rest of y'all ...... STOP!!!! Look in the mirror with a detached eye and purposely look at the features OTHER THAN the parts you hate..... I'll wait while you do that............................................I'm not kidding get your flat a$$es over in front of that mirror and look!!!!....................................What did you see? Did you notice a GOOD feature?.......................I'll wait some more while you go back and look again............................

Now! Aren't you surprised that you never really appreciated that before? NOW, tell us about your pretty/beautiful/sexy feature or features. Post it with pride!!!! C'mon! We want to celebrate!
Sara<><
P.S. If you don't tell me about your exciting feature, I'm gonna nag you about it!!!!
  #78   ^
Old Sat, Jun-30-07, 11:59
HIGH FAT!!!

Plan: CARNIVORE!!!!
Stats: 191/145.0/137 Female 69 inches
BF:30.3/24.06/not yet
Progress: 85%
Smile I'm looking...

Oh, Sara!!

I have just dropped in weight again & went on the 'I'm now boob-less' rant in my journal...But, okay...

I love my arms, thin, yet sightly muscular & defined. I also take great care of my long hair, which is due to become a beautiful shade of red here soon! Sexy feature... my eyes. I keep them behind glasses, my husband says to keep them on...they are very intense!

Thank you for the encouragement...you are a wonderful person!
40 is looking Fabulous here! ~Cheryl
  #79   ^
Old Sat, Jun-30-07, 12:55
Princess Sara

Yipppeee!!! Way to go, Cheryl.
Keep up the good work!
Sara<><
  #80   ^
Old Sun, Jul-01-07, 06:54
Princess Sara

Oh...c'mon now! Is Cheryl the only one brave enough to look in that mirror? Well, the two of us will sit here and feel good about our newly discovered attractive body parts and let you all be chickens!!! Too bad for you that you are missing out on positive self-discovery. Hmph!

But, don't let me tick you off, 'cause I still need you to read and post!!!!

It is Sunday morning....and I am swollen. Especially on my lower left side. I have not had on any type of binder since Friday when I went to get my touch ups on my permanent make-up. Perhaps that is the reason....or it could be:
--perimenopausal hormones....this is a strange cycle I'm having. 35 days after my last period, I spotted. Two days after that, another spotting. Yesterday a little heavier spotting but nothing like the horrendously heavy periods which have caused my anemia. I am sweaty and puffy all over so maybe the swelling could be part of that.
--My tattooing was not a BIG process, but it has caused inflammation. My body would be responding to the procedure.
--My wonderful man and I camped out on the living room floor Friday night...and all that that implies.

Whatever the reason, I am altering my planned activities for today. I had planned to dress pretty and go to church...where I am scheduled to read. After that my wonderful man has purchased tickets to a play in Montgomery (90 miles from here) for a matinee. I REALLY want to see this play. It is called a Menopause Musical and is supposed to be hilarious.
I don't want to push my healing luck. So, I am calling a friend to do my reading for today. I will dress comfortably (still cute, of course), take my pillow and go to just the play.

I think this is the tricky stage of recovery. I feel like I've put in my time and want to get back to my life. I am chomping at the bit to exercise and see what other changes I can make for my body. The thinness and evident muscles are opening me up to new goals.....my motivation is building like an oncoming orgasm!!!! Yet....My body is slowing everything down with swelling and stiffness. Grrr. Does my metaphor let you know the level of my frustration ???!!!!

I need my support friends now. This is a tough point that I did not anticipate. Ugh! I hate being "sensible!"
Frustrated,
Sara<><
  #81   ^
Old Sun, Jul-01-07, 08:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/143/155 Female 5'10''
BF:38%/21.4%/24.9%
Progress: 117%

Okay I'll bite on the "best features" part of this thread.

I dislike my belly IMMENSELY, as well as my breasts. However, I am 5'10" with an hourglass figure, so I love my tapered waist and pert butt (that comes from hours of cardio and lunges). I'm also a huge fan of my shoulders and clavicle, as they are very defined and muscular. I think I look pretty smokin' hot in strapless tops, though I gotta reign in the "girls" to wear them properly.

And easy there lil' lady--you don't want to impede your progress and healing by trying to do too much at once, even though you're chomping at the bit! If you want to lose a little of that water and swelling, try an OTC gentle diuretic like Aquaban and drink some green tea. I have a cranberry pomegranate green tea that REALLY strips off the water if you drink it hot and right before bed.

Enjoy the day and your play with Wonderful Man!
  #82   ^
Old Sun, Jul-01-07, 09:34
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Go Sara!! The Bikinis sound great!
I am glad you like the cog tx books- they make a lot a sense to me too. I am so lucky that I found the LC way of life- and the cog tx stuff helps me keep on track and motivated. One of my friends who does CALP too just came back from vacation- when she decided to be off plan the whole week to have "the whole experience" of the vacation. She said she had no trouble getting back OP when she came home- but I would not even want to risk it. For me, I'd rather be a bit more "flexible" on vacation but still be OP. All in the way you think it!
Being on meds and not being depressed is also the way to go!

Okay- the body thing. I actually really like my body. It has served me well and feels strong and looks good in clothes and my DH thinks it looks good without clothes- so I'm happy. I have 34DD breasts that droop, lots of stretch marks and scars, a poochy belly that is a little lopsided from one of my surgeries, no butt, realy wide shoulders with definition in my arms and great legs. Like Sara, my hair gets shorter and shorter- I think it is a cute pixie look now- and I like my face. I thank God every morning for my life- I feel so blessed. I am also thankful that I have this great body that I can enjoy- and that I don't get stuck in all the not liking it/me/myself stuff. Again- thank you cog tx. I hope everyone reading this can feel that it is okay to like or even love themselves- and their body. Sara is a great role model for us all-
E
  #83   ^
Old Sun, Jul-01-07, 09:50
Princess Sara

Thanks so much for posting Amory and Eno. Y'all are becoming good friends!!! It did me a LOT of good to read people speaking honestly and positively about their bodies.

I'm heading out the door now, but will check in later.

Have a great Sunday!
Peace,
Sara<><
  #84   ^
Old Sun, Jul-01-07, 10:59

Plan: Atkins/lowering cals
Stats: 187/143.6/135 Female 64
BF:35.2/ 20%/20%
Progress: 83%

Sara, I'm glad to see that you appear to be having a wonderful recovery from your surgery. We spoke a few times before you went under the knife.

Barb
  #85   ^
Old Sun, Jul-01-07, 12:35
HIGH FAT!!!

Plan: CARNIVORE!!!!
Stats: 191/145.0/137 Female 69 inches
BF:30.3/24.06/not yet
Progress: 85%

Good afternoon Sara!

Glad you're getting everybody motivated Sara! Sending good wishes for a speedy recovery & hope you find your comfort spot today...

The time will come soon when you're pushing yourself for one extra rep & one extra lap...and want some rest, think of it as a strange sense of balance. A little less now for a little more later! The frustration will pass...or DH will just have to take care of some details for you!! G-string anyone?! LOL!!

Keep the great outlook in life & stay in the positive lane!! ~Cheryl
  #86   ^
Old Sun, Jul-01-07, 21:29
Princess Sara

Wow, am I glad for the kind words. I have had an emotional day. I had to say good-bye to some very good friends. Some of them will now be moving out of my life. It was a decision I made...and it was something that I had to do, but it is tough. I hope I can adjust to this forum and become closer with many of you. I need a support group.

On an up note I laughed until I dripped off my water-proof mascara. I went to see Menopause, the Musical. Supposedly there is a website...but I haven't had time to check it out yet. Anyway, the musical features four women singing and dancing to parodies of songs that those of us who are Baby Boomers all know and love. If it comes to a city near you...and are over 40...you absolutely MUST go see it!
Good night,
Sara<><
  #87   ^
Old Sun, Jul-01-07, 22:25

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 65
BF:
Progress: -50%

Positive parts of my body...I've been thinking about this for two days. There are so many negative parts that I see...

I like my collarbone, my wrists and my neck. And, on most days, I like my hair. Does all of that count?
  #88   ^
Old Mon, Jul-02-07, 03:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/160/145 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 88%

I am so thrilled to see you back Sarar. I am not a hige poster, but LOVED your "after losing a significant amount of weight" thread. I can so relate to so much of what you have posted!
I have heard that "Menopause" is a great show and would love to see it.
I LOVE my arms now..they are very muscular and toned looking. I think they were aways muscular because of the work I do caring for my horses, but now that the layer of fat is off they are buff looking!!! I love the way my flat tummy looks in clothing, but naked it is not exactly buff. I spent so many years obese and not really living life..the self confidence that comes with being in shape is incredible!
  #89   ^
Old Mon, Jul-02-07, 05:03

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 178/000/145 Female 5ft. 4in.
BF:
Progress: 539%

Quote:
It is Sunday morning....and I am swollen. Especially on my lower left side. I have not had on any type of binder since Friday when I went to get my touch ups on my permanent make-up. Perhaps that is the reason....or it could be:

Sara,
I think just maybe you did around a little bit too much?!?

With hormones raging out of control brings with it swelling in a normal body. You are still healing. It is your body telling you to slow it down.

Internal healing takes a long time. Wear your binder for extra support.
Remember...you do want everything to 'take' hold. The muscle has to have rest to grow also.

JMO..........
  #90   ^
Old Mon, Jul-02-07, 06:17
Princess Sara

Quote:
Originally Posted by melloyello
Positive parts of my body...I've been thinking about this for two days. There are so many negative parts that I see...

I like my collarbone, my wrists and my neck. And, on most days, I like my hair. Does all of that count?

Honey, collar bones and wrists are important! As for hair and necks---okay, these are the attributes I have to give you a shout for!!! First of all, I have no hair and what I have is thin and fine...ugh! Your neck is a major attribute. I am a menopausal woman so I KNOW about this. Look around you and you will see that necks on aging women are scary!!!

One of the funniest things My Sweet Mama ever told me was about necks. We were discussing this phase of my life....okay, maybe I was whining. Anyway, she very seriously told me, "Sara, appreciate your neck." Then she explained that she and her friends (My Sweet Mama is 78) are very disappointed in their necks. I couldn't help it....I laughed out LOUD, but I am honestly trying to take her advice on this. I think you should too!
Sara<><