Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-25-01, 17:38
Registered Member

Plan: Adkins switched to CAD
Stats: 328/305/150
BF:
Progress: 13%
Thumbs up Happy to Be Here!

I am new to the forum and so excited to find this place! I have been on the Atkins plan for one solid week and I'm doing fine. I am not craving carbs. I really haven't at all since I started. I think it was pure motivation. I am so tired of being so overweight!

My son is also joining me on the program, he is eleven and he didn't lose his winter chubbies this summer so he is also motivated to make some changes. Another reason that we are trying this is that he has night terrors sometimes, (very frightening "waking" nightmares). We have been advised that controlling sugar may help with those.

My sister and brother-in-law have been lo-carb for several months and are seeing great results. I get a lot of encouragement from them.

I am 34, Divorced, living in Gaylord, Michigan. (Yeah, the snow belt of Michigan) I can't wait to learn more about lo-carb eating and be encouraged and do some encouraging if I can here on the forum.

God Bless!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-26-01, 00:02
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome to lowcarb.ca Kaleia!

This is a great place to hang. Take advantage of all the features the sight has. Click through the red bar at the top of the page, read the FAQ and others profiles.

Keep reading and posting!

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-26-01, 05:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default welcome

Welcome to you and your son. Yes, as Karen mentioned lots of information here to go along with the lowcarb books you're reading. There have been some posts about lowcarbing and children, you may want to check out. If you have done this yet, simply use the "search" feature at the top right hand side of the page and following the instructions. It's a wonderful feature.

Good luck...and by the way....I'm from part of the snowbelt of Southern Ontario...(let's not talk the "S" word yet). Actually, though if you can believe it...apparently there is snow in the Shelburne area this morning...approximately 1 hour north of Toronto...hopefully it will melt in the next couple of hours. UGH~~ Sorry folks, I'm a summer lover, don't ask me why I live this far north of the equator!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-26-01, 09:08
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Sorry folks, I'm a summer lover, don't ask me why I live this far north of the equator!

Well, there's always Vancouver!

Karen
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Sep-26-01, 14:38

Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

welcome aboard kaleia! congratulations on completing the first week! we're happy to have you here!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Sep-26-01, 15:17

Stats: 287.4/255/155 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 24%

Hi and welcome!

Congrats on making the decision to do something about your health & weight. That can be the hardest part (it was for me). After many failed diets, getting up the hope to try a different one can be a daunting task. ** and of course LC is a WOL (way of life) not a diet)

So congrats on choosing LC; BTW your stats show a 20 lb loss. Is this your 1st week results? Wowser that is impressive.

Aren't you lucky to have supportive family that LCs too.

Blessings, Ruth
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Sep-26-01, 19:44
Registered Member

Plan: Adkins switched to CAD
Stats: 328/305/150
BF:
Progress: 13%
Wink Slight Correction

It wasn't a 20 pound loss! I wish! Only 12 pounds. LOL!