Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-22-01, 10:54

Plan: adkins
Stats: 260/260/150
BF:
Progress:
Wink Hi I Am New!!!!!!!

Hello to All:
I am new here and today is the first day of my new diet, Adkins.
To tell everyone about myself. I live in Durham, NC USA , 23, 5'4, 260 pounds. I have been on the Adkins Diet before but it was for all of the wrong reasons. My boyfriend at the time wasnt happy with my weight and for some reason it made sense to me to lose the weight for him!!!! A$$%~#e (sorry just venting). Well i have been away from him for almost 6 months now and i am feeling better emotionally. Now i am ready to lose the weight for my self. I thought it would be a great idea to have some people to talk to so that is why i joined and i am writing all of you today. if you want to see pictures of me i have a website at
http://communities.msn.com/jessyesm...photocollection
well i hope to here from some of you.
Thanks
jessye'

Last edited by debbiedobson : Sat, Sep-22-01 at 11:49.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-22-01, 11:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

welcome aboard jessye! i checked out your picture page! you're a very beautiful young woman! i love your smile! you're right on the mark! the only one we can lose weight for and improve health is ourself! that's the best reason to get fit! you've come to the right place for support jessye! we're all here for you!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-22-01, 13:26
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 263/199/174
BF:
Progress: 72%

Hi there from England. I stumbled on this site a few weeks ago and its great. My wife is now jealous of all the ladies who send me messages!! I think she's glad of the Atlantic. You've got a lovely cat - ours is called Cucumber cos he's so cool. My 9month old daughter is fascinated by him.

Seriously this is a great WOL - i've been on loads of diets and for the first time i'm losing weight and not feelin like s**t!

Getting a journal is good as you can log on and update every few days and people will answer questions etc.

Anyway Good Luck

Jon
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-22-01, 16:54

Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Welcome to the board, Jessye! You's CUTE!!! (So's the cat!)

Looking forward to hearing all about your low-carb progress.

Rachel
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Sep-22-01, 18:10
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Smile hi jessye22, welcome aboard

Thankyou for posting your pics .. what a pretty young woman you are. I know you want to lose some weight and improve your health with low-carbing, but just want to say that I think you're beautiful just the way you are!!! What a lovely smile

Yer a survivor. I can't wait to read more posts from you about your low-carb success.

Doreen
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Sep-22-01, 18:45

Stats: 181/138/125
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hey there Jessye!

Glad you found us here. This forum is the best tool I've found so far for advice and motivation. Lots of really great friendly people here who can help with just about anything.

It sounds like you definitely have the right attitude. I've gone the other way just like you did. Losing weight for somebody else. Maybe people will like me better if I lose weight, etc etc. It never works that way. I think the only right way to do it is when you are in the state of mind where you're ready to just do it for yourself. I want to be healthy and happy for a change. I'm not out to impress anybody but myself. Keep up that attitude and I bet you'll do great!

Remember to drink your water, take your supplements, get plenty of rest, and read all you can about low-carbing. There's a lot of great information on these boards for you to look through. Read some of the journals in the journal/bootcamp section. They can give you some great ideas on what to eat and options that you may not have thought of yet.

Also don't be a slave to the scale! Weigh no more than once a week, or once every two weeks. (I weigh once a month myself).

Good luck to you and I hope to read more from you soon. You're on your way to a wonderful WOL and on the road to feeling great!

#7   ^
Old Sun, Sep-23-01, 06:41

Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

Welcome aboard