Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-21-01, 16:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/155/130
BF:
Progress: 34%
Lightbulb I should have been here pounds ago!

This looks like a really great place to find support for the difficult task of loosing weight. I have been on and off low calorie and low fat diets for years and never had any problem staying on them. I did lose weight and I did gain it back eventually. I am older now, on hormone replacement therapy, and it is an even bigger challenge to get the weight off, next to impossible matter of fact. I hope to find the encouragement here that I haven't needed in my younger days of dieting.

Regards,
petuniann
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-21-01, 17:05

Stats: 144/134/126
BF:
Progress: 56%

petuniann

You have arrived at the right place.. You won't be on and off this one, i believe, because its so easy to do, it's not a diet it's a way of life. I have tried many of the other diets and failed, but this is one you can incorporate into your everyday life and no-one even has to know. My mother in law would be on my back like a lion if she even thought I was dieting, but after 3 weeks she doesn't suspect a thing. For example - no milk in my tea or coffee - had a tummy bug and feel better without, she accepts it.

I dont know how old you are but I'm losing on this better than any other plan in my 41 years.

You are already doing great , what's to lose except the part of you that you don't want. Keep it up.

There are so many great people on this site ready to support you.

Go on!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-21-01, 17:32
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Smile hi petuniann, welcome aboard

Yes, you're in good company here, lots of us have done the lowFAT, low calorie thing with some success, only to gain it all back and then some. With lowcarbing you'll notice other benefits besides just the loss of fat and inches. You'll have more energy, you won't be hungry all the time because you can eat!! real meat and protein and fats.

Some women do find being on HRT slows the weight loss effort a bit, while others notice no difference. It's true though that being older, female, short and having dieted before does tend to make it more difficult to lose the weight. But a pound is a pound, and better off than on.Congrats on the 6 lbs you've lost so far!!

Looking forward to reading more posts from you.

Doreen
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-21-01, 17:51

Stats: 181/138/125
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hello there Petuniann!

So glad you found this forum. Like everyone has already said, it is a great place for support and motivation. Anytime you need advice or have a problem or concern, feel free to post. Everyone is really friendly and supportive here. Nobody judges anyone else and we're all pretty much in the same boat.

I'm also one that's done the low-fat low-calorie thing before. Many many times before in fact. I'd lose the weight sometimes if I was sufficiently motivated. But, like 95% of the people who lose weight on these diets, I'd gain it back plus change. Thinking of low-carb as a way of life change instead of a diet helps me a lot. That way I focus more on how great I feel instead of how fast or how slow the scale is moving (or not moving).

Low-carbing is definitely a good fit for me. I wish I had heard of it years ago.

Good luck to you and here's to many happy slimmer days ahead!

#5   ^
Old Sat, Sep-22-01, 11:06

Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

welcome petuniann! congratulations on your weight loss! yes, you'll find this the most pleasant way to lose weight and feel great!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Sep-23-01, 13:03
loser53

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Glad to see someone else on here that has gone thru the HRT program. I was blaming that and talked my dr into giving birth control pills instead. I thought for sure the HRT was was preventing me from losing any more weight.

Now I believe I was just following the wrong diet. I was following weight watchers and ediets for 18 months. The low carb kicked in for me right away and I think it will continue. Hope it works for you also.

Loser 53