Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-02, 17:31
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 189/184/160
BF:
Progress: 17%
Unhappy Eating NUTS!!! Please help.

Please help. I ate a handful of pecans and thought it was OK. The carb count was 4grams for 1/4cup. With an afterthought, I checked the CAD and nuts are on the high carb list. What do I do? Did I blow the whole diet or what? I have done so good with my eating and would hate for this to screw it up. Thanks for the advice ahead of time.

Very concerned,
Amy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-02, 17:42
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

1Pepper
2 have two choices. You can count that as your RM or you can chock it up to a learning experience and move on. Have the RM your originally planned but be aware that tonight and tomorrow you might be hungrier or have cravings. Your weight might stall for a day but that's all if you get back on plan.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-02, 21:30

Plan: Atkins---> CAD!
Stats: 126/116/116
BF:
Progress: 100%

First of all..It's okay!!! *hug*. I know what it feels like to "fall off the wagon", and it IS scary at first, but you have to realize that it won't kill the whole diet! All you have to do, is save the nuts for RM meal only from now on, and when you feel like munching..hey grab a piece of cheese, or sugar free jello! it's great!. Remember tomorrow is always a new day, and no matter happens...YOU are in control! Dust yourself off...and try again Best of Luck!

ps. so you don't feel horrible, I tend to "cheat" once every week or so! thank goodness my body can handle it! But now I'm learning to be in control, and I'm not so hard on myself..afterall I choose to do LOW CARB =)
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-17-02, 07:51
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 189/184/160
BF:
Progress: 17%

Thanks for the help gals. I do feel much better this morning. I weighed myself and my weight did not change at all(185). I will be more careful next time. Thanks for the help.

Amy
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-17-02, 08:29

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default I did that...

I heard other low-carbers talking about having nuts as their protein source and I thought it would be a nice change, so I did it too. I never realized until a couple of weeks had gone by that they weren't allowed on CAD. I felt so "duhhhh" LOL. But, it wasn't the end of the world, once I knew, I left them out and I did notice that my cravings were lower without the nuts. And, guess what.. I did the same thing again a month or so later with spaghetti squash.. LOL. So, don't beat yourself up... this is a learning process to eat like this. I don't know about you, but this whole low-carb way of life is completely different from any diet I have tried before. So... count it as a boo-boo, and move on!

Good luck, take care