Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#166   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-14, 17:13

Plan: Unsure
Stats: 165/165/000 Female 62 in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hey Pat, I hope all is well. I am still around. I have been looking through the board at success stories and various methods.

I have been toying with eating more protein at breakfast but I don't think I can keep it up. The suggestion is to eat 50g protein but I can just barely get 30g in. It was worth a try but I don't think it's working. I am trying to make those 2-4pm cravings disappear. That is by far the hardest time of every day for me! I know I should eat a protein snack but I admit that since starting again I have been reaching for the carb snacks. Ugh! What is up with my body and that time of day?
Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-14, 17:41

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandy01
Hey Pat, I hope all is well. I am still around. I have been looking through the board at success stories and various methods.

I have been toying with eating more protein at breakfast but I don't think I can keep it up. The suggestion is to eat 50g protein but I can just barely get 30g in. It was worth a try but I don't think it's working. I am trying to make those 2-4pm cravings disappear. That is by far the hardest time of every day for me! I know I should eat a protein snack but I admit that since starting again I have been reaching for the carb snacks. Ugh! What is up with my body and that time of day?

Hi! I'm doing well, ty. Saw a 179+ this morning for the first time

I have trouble with that time of day too, and am embarrassed to say how I handle it. I eat my RM super early! I tend to have breakfast before 7, lunch by 11:30 latest and eat my RM at about 4-5 pm. Then I'm good until the next day. If I have to try to wait until 6 or 7, I'm chewing my knuckles..just doesn't work for me..so I just decided either I add in a snack at that 3-4 pm time, or eat an early RM.

If I were you, consider just having a cm snack at that time. I am curious - not sure what I've been having for protein at my breakfast..going to go look!

Okay - just 17 to 22 gms of protein seems to be my average breakfast. Not sure I could do 50 gms as this is my "just right" sized breakfast.
  #168   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-14, 18:07

Plan: Unsure
Stats: 165/165/000 Female 62 in
BF:
Progress: 0%

179! That is awesome. Did you do a little dance when you saw that number?

I never considered having my RM early. That might be a good idea. Or I could just go ahead and have a CM snack. So, I have three choices. Two will keep me on plan and one will keep me crashing and burning. Why do the carbs always seem easier?
  #169   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-14, 21:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandy01
179! That is awesome. Did you do a little dance when you saw that number?

I never considered having my RM early. That might be a good idea. Or I could just go ahead and have a CM snack. So, I have three choices. Two will keep me on plan and one will keep me crashing and burning. Why do the carbs always seem easier?

I yelled

My husband and I really do love to eat out, and frankly, we don't like crowds. Eating early gets us better tables, and even early bird dinner rates sometimes

I have had such a struggle to finally get this down..thankfully I'm as much a protein fiend as I ever was a carb addict, and have come to adore vegetables (not sure how that happened..lol..but so thankful it did).

ps since I am using calorie totals to help me with portion control, I have noticed I eat usually 2/3rds of my daily total at my rm. I think it's one reason I don't get hungry again until breakfast. That said, I love what I find is my usual size breakfast and lunch, I don't feel deprived, I am eating what I want.
  #170   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-14, 13:47
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb /CAD/Veg(ish)
Stats: 192/185/150 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 17%

Whoot! 179! That is so awesome, Pat.

I think I need to find my old CAD/CALP books. I am doing the plan from memory and I am not sure what I can have for CM (other than very low carb). I know I am not following the rules for RM either. : / Last night, I had popcorn, Doritos, and a hot dog for my RM. Oops. I still lost today when I stepped on the scale but that is probably because I did Zumba and it kicked my butt, not because I made healthy choices!
  #171   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-14, 07:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotta
Whoot! 179! That is so awesome, Pat.

I think I need to find my old CAD/CALP books. I am doing the plan from memory and I am not sure what I can have for CM (other than very low carb). I know I am not following the rules for RM either. : / Last night, I had popcorn, Doritos, and a hot dog for my RM. Oops. I still lost today when I stepped on the scale but that is probably because I did Zumba and it kicked my butt, not because I made healthy choices!

I still have to pull out my CALP book sometimes! I never did read CAD, tbh.

I am not happy that I did a 4+ mile hike yesterday and my weight is up today..grrr! I know it will be back down tomorrow, and I still had a loss for last week that I like, but sheesh!
  #172   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-14, 20:11
Registered Member

BF:

Dinner last night was healthier: I had roasted broccoli, fresh-caught Halibut beer bits, guacamole, and wine. BUT I was up. It could be the wine which was sweet and didn't balance my meal or the fact I was out of salad fixings.

You may be working up to get a "whoosh" soon, Pat. I love when that happens!
  #173   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-14, 20:13
Registered Member

BF:

I meant to ask if anyone has tried mixing low-carb days and then CAD/CALP days in one week? Has it worked? I am hoping to keep my body from settling in too much with one way of eating. I could be off-base though.
  #174   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-14, 20:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotta
I meant to ask if anyone has tried mixing low-carb days and then CAD/CALP days in one week? Has it worked? I am hoping to keep my body from settling in too much with one way of eating. I could be off-base though.

I have not. For me, if I'm not following calp, I get back into the constantly hungry, craving, mind games where I'm arguing with myself about having x or y or not having them...lol. I love the peace I have when on Calp.
  #175   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-14, 05:58
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
back from almost 2 weeks away- and I weighed this am and am where I was when I left. I love CALP!
I really do have to make an effort to stay OP when traveling- it is SO EASY to get carbs and harder to just have my protein and veggies. At the hotel we first went to with family, the breakfast buffest was 90% carbs. I had them make me an omelet. No pizza for me for lunch- just the salad. I finally had pizza for dinner on Sunday- with a salad. Still overcarbed but a treat. I had one hotdog- no bun with kraut on a piece of tin foil - not as good as on a bun but for CM lunch it worked. I avoided all diet sodas too- lots of water and sparkling water. In NYC you can always get club soda.
Last night got home late- DH wanted a sub sandwich so we split a roast beef sub. I had 1/2 the bread and had cole slaw too. Still not my fav but it was easy and we were tired and did not want to eat out once again.

Tonight we are having grilled chicken breasts, spinach and salad. I am not sure about my carb yet.

HI CCotta-
to answer your question, I feel very deprived it I don't have some carbs with RM, but there are days I bet my carbs are around 25. I don't count but a friend does, so I have looked up carb counts with her. I balance pretty much- salad, vegie, protein and one carb. There are exceptions but they are exceptions, not the rule. I am planning on overcarbing on Saturday night- DH is having a birthday party and I WILL have a beer, a burger and a bite of birthday cake. I'm also having a green salad and a veggie platter!

I'm happy to be home!
Later-
E
  #176   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-14, 19:21
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
thought I'd take a minute and post.

R tonight was salad, baked cod, cole slaw, and quinoa for DH. My carb was one of those little boxes of raisin bran with H&H.

Tomorrow DH is bring home dinner- probably a bahn mi sandwich with chicken for me. I will make a salad too.
My CM will be leftover chicken and salad.

later-
E
  #177   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-14, 09:13

Default New one day low

So pleased to see a slightly lower than my last one day low. My weight today is 179.7. My second time seeing a 179, and I hope to see this at least once more this week. Preferably two to three times more

My rm last night: salad of romaine, celery, scallion and cherry tomatoes with a jalapeno ranch dressing. 2 salmon burgers with 1 oz. gruyere cheese. 1 cup boiled zucchini. 1 homemade apple-rhubarb muffin with 1/2 tsp. butter for dessert.

Tonights rm: same salad, 1 serving of homemade roasted cauliflower-leek soup, a mortadella provolone sandwich (4 oz. mortadella, 1 oz. provolone, 2 slices gluten free millet-chia seed bread) a caramel yogurt for dessert.
  #178   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-14, 08:38
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
working hard on DH's birthday party- lots of moving parts!
We are getting DS at the airport late, and I don't really want to cook but don't want to eat out so we are having leftover grilled chicken breasts that I butterflied before grilling with eggplant parm- we'll split a frozen single serve package. My carb will be 1/2 a roll. I'll also make a salad. DH will add on brownies and probably a beer with DS.

Tomorrow will be my usual CM breakfast of eggs and turkey bacon, coffee. CM lunch will be a salad with chicken from Chick fil'a- it is DD's fav and I am SURE we will be having takeout for lunch from there. Dinner is the party!

Later-
E
  #179   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-14, 08:49

Eno,

Enjoy (and don't get too tired out to!) the birthday bash and having your kids, and many friends around you.
  #180   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-14, 08:51

Hanging around at 180.0 this morning as my body decides to give in and get out of the 180s permanently! Hah!

Breakfast cm: 1 5th street grill turkey sausage, 2 cherry tomatoes, 1 oz. cheddar cheese, 1/4 of a poblano, 1 oz. half and half.

Lunch will be 1 serving of my roasted cauliflower-leek soup and 1 oz. gruyere cheese, 2 cherry tomatoes.

Not sure yet what I want for my rm. Possible salmon burgers, salad and sweet potato tater tots.