Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-13, 13:29

Plan: One meal a day CAD style!
Stats: 235/212/140 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 24%

Most likely will be a one meal only (RM only) day. Started off with my exercise regimen again. Forgot to mention for yesterday in addition to that I also did 50 leg lifts (ab work) and my back exercises). I did all the same stuff today. Maybe 45 minutes total work out.

Today's weight 213.2 lbs. Same as yesterday.

RM from 11:40-12:40-

1 large ribeye steak
6 C mixed baby herb and green salad with 3 large mushrooms
4 TBSP blue cheese dressing
2 stalks of celery and 3 mini bell peppers stuffed with cream cheese, diced turkey breast, diced green onions, shredded cheddar cheese, and some hot pepper flakes
Iced caramel mocha with 3 oz of syrups, 1 C whole milk, 5 shots decaf esspresso (although this was shared with my daughter so I didn't get it all )
1 regular sized snickers
1 regular sized kit kat
1 reese's PB cup (1/2 of a regular package package)

I do have some BBQ chicken legs in the fridge and a big bowl of the stuffed peppers. Should I get hungry later I will have some of that for a CM but since I am at home today and in my "normal" routine I usually do RM only those days.

MIW
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-13, 03:29

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/144/120 Female 5ft
BF:
Progress: 14%

I lost another 1lb today yesterday's RM was 2 small portions of breaded cod with mixed veg and a tiny bit of pasta. Rest of the day as usual was 2 oatcakes morning and 2 evening. I'm getting a wee bit tired of oatcakes LOL!
  #48   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-13, 10:02

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardatha
I lost another 1lb today yesterday's RM was 2 small portions of breaded cod with mixed veg and a tiny bit of pasta. Rest of the day as usual was 2 oatcakes morning and 2 evening. I'm getting a wee bit tired of oatcakes LOL!

Awesome! Your body is telling you that you can handle the carbs other times of the day. How many calories are you getting? Don't go too low as you will go into starvation mode and will stall and have no where to go if you need to adjust calories.

MIW
  #49   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-13, 18:36

BF:

Today I didn't exercise since I spent 1 1/2 hours weeding and hauled 3 loads of weeds to the other side of my land which is 1/4 mile round trip so I got a 3/4 mile walk in plus all the upper body weed pulling. We grow monster weeds out in the country! LOL We also planted 24 mums in my flower beds as well. Then I came right in and started cleaning. This evening will be round 2 getting the other half of the house, the kid's play room and laundry done. Ugh... the joys of running a big house. We don't do near the amount of yard work we need to, especially since Hubby started building his shop. I am hoping once that is done we can do more out in the yard because it needs it!

Tomorrow I've got some rabbit to deliver then will take it easy but plan on doing my "usual" exercise routine.

Today's RM from 12:30-1:30:

1 very large ribeye
6 C salad with 3 stalks celery, 3 diced mushrooms, 3 diced green onions
4 TBSP blue cheese salad dressing
3 stuffed minibellpeppers (cream cheese, diced turkey breast, diced green onions)
1 large iced mocha with 3 oz syrups, 5 shots decaf esspresso, 1 C whole milk
1 regular sized almond joy
1 regular sized snickers
1 regular sized kit kat
1 regular sized twix

Don't know why but I wanted chocolate today! Must be getting close to TOM or something. Today my weight was up from 213.2 lbs to 214. Not sure how tomorrow will be after such a large RM with all the junk carbs but I was sweating buckets and buckets during all that weed pulling and I could feel my muscles shivering after that and I was HUNGRY!!

MIW
  #50   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-13, 07:03

Plan: CALP
Stats: 176/137/130 Female 5'1
BF:No idea
Progress: 85%

I visited home for 10 days last week and pretty much ate one big balanced meal everyday and drank water the rest of the time except for 3 days in which in the evening I also had 3 beers (I had a full water with each beer). It was a stressful visit, I was only supposed to stay a week but my grandmother, who had been in the nursing home for 3 years, passed away on Sept 2 (my mom, aunt, and I were all with her as she took her last breath, RIP my very special granny). I think the stress probably upped my metabolism, because I lost a full 4 pounds and have continued to lose this week -- I am totally into eating once a day and feel really steady! I like to have my RM by 3 and will have a small CM around noon if I know I won't eat until later.

Today's RM:
1 cup salad with ranch dressing
1 cup fried cabbage (in coconut oil)
4 oz. grilled salmon
1/2 sweet potato with butter
Brownie with Ice cream
  #51   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-13, 12:11

BF:

Good luck and keep it going! I always lose weight when I get stressed. It is the rebound I have to watch out for! LOL

MIW
  #52   ^
Old Sat, Sep-14-13, 21:12

BF:

One meal only days last few days at work. LOTS of chocolate in those meals! LOL Dang TOM causing hormones to be very chocolately this month. I suspect I will be up close to 2 lbs this week's wt but I "usually" see a new low weight the week after. We'll see....

MIW
  #53   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-13, 02:19

BF:
Talking

I've discovered microwave steam puddings so the weight has stalled but at least it hasn't gone up. Still on the oatcakes with brie and peanut butter then one proper meal.
I havent touched sweeties or chocolate since the middle of June MIW - I know if I start then that's me back to square one and I'll drop the diet.
  #54   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-13, 08:02

Plan: CALP
Stats: 176/137/130 Female 5'1
BF:No idea
Progress: 85%

Since my trip, I've been only eating once a day and doing really well, both with weight loss and my hunger. I made kale chips a couple of nights ago for an evening snack and didn't actually want them although I ate them since they were tasty and wouldn't be good the next day....anyway I actually changed my plan description to CALP/IF 23/1 and feel like that makes it official that it's my plan until I reach maintenance (15 pounds left! Woo-hoo!).

I always start the day with black coffee -- about 4-5 cups over 1 1/2 hour then switch to water for the rest of the day.

Yesterday's RM (we ate out):
Caesar salad
Sautéed spinach and garlic in olive oil
4 oz. sirloin with Marsala and mushrooms
4 oz. grilled salmon
1/2 cup fettuccine Alfredo
3 small pieces of bread
1/2 lemon bread pudding with ice cream (split with hubby)
Lots of ice water, like 6 refills

Felt satisfied all day Still .3 pounds down from day before.
  #55   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-13, 11:00

BF:

Amy isn't it amazing how for some of us we really can only eat once a day and NOT be hungry the other 23 hours. I love it because it is just so simple. Plus on days where I know I am going to eat a later dinner, I simply just eat a low carb meal and veggies earlier in the day to carry me through. Plus I don't feel guilty one bit if I indulge because I just do not get hungrier beyond my one hour of eating so I do not feel like I am triggering any cravings or binges. I just eat what I want aiming for 1/3 protein/fat, 1/3 veggies, and a 1/3 carbs in whatever amounts I want and I am done for the day! Plus I really am slowly losing eating like this. My body just burns it's stored fat and doesn't store anything to fat from what I am eating. It is awesome!

MIW
  #56   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-13, 11:01

BF:

Quote:
I've discovered microwave steam puddings so the weight has stalled but at least it hasn't gone up. Still on the oatcakes with brie and peanut butter then one proper meal.
I havent touched sweeties or chocolate since the middle of June MIW - I know if I start then that's me back to square one and I'll drop the diet.

Well what would be the fun if you didn't experiment once in a while? LOL Glad you are at least maintaining. Sometimes you have to mix it up a bit to not get bored. As to the chocolate, that is why I don't post much because I know some people are strict low carb so I don't want to pop their eyes out with the junk I eat by posting my meals every day. I usually do it in spurts to show people I am still at it and that for me I can make it work.

MIW
  #57   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-13, 11:02

BF:

Quote:

Hey just noticed you are halfway (or almost) to your goal weight! Congrats you can do it

MIW
  #58   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-13, 05:29

BF:

I know it's such an easy way of dieting and eating that it just happens. Slowly but that's fine. Think I'll take a week off at xmas though and get some nice food in, but still only one meal a day. I feel much better on it because I was always a "picker" and hate feeling full. TY for all encouragement in here everybody xx
  #59   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-13, 09:43

BF:

Quote:
I know it's such an easy way of dieting and eating that it just happens. Slowly but that's fine. Think I'll take a week off at xmas though and get some nice food in, but still only one meal a day. I feel much better on it because I was always a "picker" and hate feeling full. TY for all encouragement in here everybody xx

Well you have plenty of time before Xmas to really decide if you want to take a week off or not. I know my RV trip this summer we were on the road for 4 days and I went off plan and gained 8 pounds! I lost 4 pounds the first day back on plan but it took 2 weeks to take off the other 4 pounds and get back to the weight I was when I started! NOT WORTH IT!

I know enough now 11 months in that really this WOE is doeable under any situation. Just pick really awesome low carb veggies and lots of fatty protein stuff to eat other times of the day, then do your carb hour of whatever you want- no guilt! I doubt you will gain and most likely at least maintain eating like that and who knows, you might even lose! I doubt for Christmas you want to gain 8 pounds like I did!

MIW
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Sep-17-13, 09:19

Plan: The Stress Eating Cure
Stats: 239.2/225/160 Female 5'6"
BF:48%/45%/33%
Progress: 18%

Hello all!
I've been following this thread off and on for a bit now. Yesterday, I had my first experience with "one meal a day". Just by chance, since I wasn't feeling hungry at all, I decided to skip dinner. I had made sort of a "dirty rice" type of dish but there wasn't enough meat or veg for me to separate out before I mixed it with the rice. So, I just decided to go without. I was totally fine! I did have a string cheese around lunch time but that was it other than my Big Breakfast in the morning. As I've posted elsewhere, keeping up my protein at breakfast makes a HUGE difference in my hunger for the rest of the day. I'm feeling empowered! YEAH!