Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-01, 19:55

Plan: atkins
Stats: 180/180/140
BF:
Progress:
Default feeling low need help....

i finished my two week introduction today and did not lose any weight. i started with a friend and she lost 6lbs, and she cheated.i watched my carbs and did not cheat once, so i'm feeling discouraged.i did'nt eat more than 20 grams a day, most days less.i did drink more diet soda than usual to get me through cravings but also drank water.the only medicine i'm on it the depo shot for birth control every three months, i work in a clinic so i did a urine test and my ketones turned purple.any sugesstions?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-01, 20:42
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/140/140
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Tammi, try not to feel discouraged. I think I only lost a few pounds on induction. I think my body took a while to get adjusted to low carb, because it was really slow going at first. Try to limit your intake of sweetener, because that can definately stall you. You should post what you're eating in a typical day. Part of my problem was that I didn't take in enough fat. I'm still not a big fat eater, but you do need to eat some to make this diet work. By the way, I'm on induction again right now, I took the summer off and now I'm trying to lose the rest. Take care of yourself.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-01, 23:17

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Welcome Tammi

You've found a great place for support and information. Why dont you start up a Journal in the "Journal/bootcamp" section of this forum and give us an idea of what you've been eating. We might be able to provide some suggestions or stop some potential stallers?

I see from your profile, you've *only* got about 40 lbs to go. In relation to what others are trying to lose, it's not a huge amount, for that very reason it will probably be slower going for you.

Hang in there though, and let us know if we can help
Nat
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-01, 10:57

Stats: 180/180/140
BF:
Progress:

Hi - I did the same thing as what you described the first time I did Adkins diet. Then, the 3rd or 4th week the weight dropped drastically!! I lost 23 lbs. in about 3 months (a little more).

This time, I am only on day two, but, I am more motivated to lose more this time (want to lose 40) - stay with it and keep using this site as a tool for motivation!! It has really helped me to say what's on my mind and know there are other people out there that struggle too!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-01, 07:58

Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

welcome tammi! congratulations on completing induction! sometimes we lose inches not pounds. it's a good idea to take your measurements. the sf sodas can really stall you! so can caffiene! they may also contribute to your sugar cravings. i hate to tell you, but you should try giving up the sodas for 2 weeks and see if that makes a difference. also, make sure you're eating enough calories!