Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-04, 07:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 234/160.8/150 Female 173
BF:37%/27%/23%
Progress: 87%
Default Please advise the fat/carb/protien ratio for maintainers

Hello,
I know I am not officially there yet, (36 lbs to go)but as I have a 5 week holiday planned to FL this summer and I expect to be about 20 lbs to goal by then I was thinking that as I would be in hotels and things, I would not have the ability to prepare alot of my own foods.

Now, I assure you that I dont intend on cheating, but being exact without access to my fitday will be hard.

So, I bought Dr. A. book "the next level" and still feel that his explanation of maintenence details are sketchy. Of course, I know that he says, when you up your carbs you lower your fat intake, but what are the levels. What is the ratio. Now, I try for 65-70 fat/3-5 carb/rest protien.

I need specifics.
I mean do you just lower fats or portien too? I know this is entirely individual but would appreciate to read your ideas for my trying just to maintain in the holiday. I would not knowingly eat obvious sugar, but assume that resturant meals may contain hidden carbs, etc.

I would like to go, enjoy the holiday and come back the same weight and then continue losing.

Is this idea ridiculous since I am still doing very strict 20-25 carbs? I mean I want to continue losing until then, so I am forsaking OWL which would normally be required before going to maintainence. I dont want to start owl now when I can definitely be a size smaller in the next 12 weeks.

Maybe I am just overworried for nothing. I did do a week in Germany skiing at spring break and I carefully watched everything and know I must have eaten more carbs than 20 but still lost during that time. Maybe this is just a fear I have of not being able to get here in this forum or sign in to fitday which has become like a religion for me. l am going to be lost without a computer! UUUGGGHHHH

If you could post your ratios and any concerns here, I sure would appreciate it.
Thank you
Sponsored Links