Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Dec-27-03, 21:14

Plan: cad
Stats: 256/256/200 Female 5' 3"
BF:51%/51%/?
Progress: 0%
Talking Please Join Me - I Need Help

I really need some support in joining me on a 7 day challenge,we can set our own goals and just report daily to help each other.

MY GOALS

1 CAD clean no cheats for 7 days

2 No stressing if RM is unbalanced

3 drink 6 galsses water UGH!!!!!!!!

4 record all foods daily

I hope some of you join me.I have regained 30 lb since the summer so really need your help.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-03, 00:25

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 188/185/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 6%

Lusana,

I will join you in your challenge. Christmas if over, and New Year is not a big one, so I'm ready to go. My strategy for the week is quite similar:

1) CALP by the book.

2) Record everything

3) Three exercise sessions

4) Easy on the artificial sweeteners

I'm good about the water, so it hardly seems fair to make it an area of concentration.

Lila
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-03, 12:45

day 1 almost over

Lila,thanks so much for joining me maybe some more will join too I hope we can encourage each other.

I managed to keep all my goals -for me quite an achivement.I am really tired today,could it be that I was on here till 3am this am and still up for work at 9:00am

usually tiredness means binging but it just shows what determination and self control can conquer.

I ate CM ham and cheese,coffee and milk

RM large salad,chicken curry,rice,papadom,naan bread,lots of veg
small bar chocolate,2 large milky coffee with sugar

I didi mean to eat another cm but my timings were all out and I will go to bed early to compensate for yesterday.

If anyone still wants to join us,it will be a 6 day challenge till next saturday.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-03, 16:19

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

I will join you in the challenge. I started back on CALP today and it has been really rough. I have this horrible headache that will not go away. I have taken tons of Advil. I don't have a lot of energy and I am just starving. I know by tomorrow this will be so much better, so I just need to get through today.

Here is what I want to do for the week.

1. Follow CALP to the letter and make sure RM is balanced

2. Try not to eat anything sweet at RM for at least 7 days

4. Make sure I drink all my water.

5. Get myself started on an exercise program

Good Luck everyone. Just remember how good we will feel to be back on track again.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-03, 09:13

BF:

I did really good my first day back - I had a perfect CALP day. The only problem was that I ate leftover ham for three meals, which is too much ham for me. I don't often have ham, but this was a good roast.

CM - tea & a little ham
CM - spinach omelette with ham
RM - cabbage & onion with ham, scalloped potatoes, eggnog
Lots of water

Exercise - 30 min on cross trainer.

Something I have noticed with CAD - if I get a little off, getting back on and staying with it is not too hard. If I get way off, it's a real bear to get back on. Are you feeling better yet, Diannee? How are you doing Lusana?

Lila
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-03, 15:34

DAY 2 LOST 2.5 lb

Well day 2 has been excellent and I am really feeling proud of myself,I am really tired and fed up feeling so maybe my withdrawl from carb city is nearly over-I hope so.I forgot about my water goal so I will down some before bed.

Diane well done and welcome,your goals are realistic so lets support each other.

Lila I also eat the same thing if there are leftovers,I love ham anyway.Your balanced RM puts me to shame but I have promised myself not to stress.I am following cad if I lose if not I'll change to calp.

CM cheese,decaf+cream+splenda

CS decaf++ (I know its not strictly legal but I am seeing if it makes a differance)

CM 2 scrambled eggs,mushrooms,bacon

RM large salad+mayo,chicken curry,1tbs rice,1/2 small naan,1 papadom
lots comp veg,sticky toffee pudding + cream.

I am really pleased with this challenge and hope we all reach day 7
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-03, 20:36

BF:

I had another good day on plan. I probably should have balanced just a little better at my RM, but I didn't. I feel so much better today. No headaches, no cravings and I am not near as cranky today, which I am sure DH is thankful for.

Lusana congrats on the 2.5 lb loss. That is a good way to start off. I am sure tomorrow will be even better and you won't even think about carbs. Your menu looks great.

Lila, Congrats on a perfect day back on CALP.. I don't think the ham will bother you having it for 3 meals. I have certainly had my share of ham lately too. Most hams do have a lot of sodium in them, but if you drink lots of water it will flush it right out of your system. Your menu looks really good too.

Today I had
Breakfast
2 scrambled eggs

Lunch
salad with vinegar and oil dressing
ham slices

Dinner RM
salad with ranch dressing
Lima beans and ham
A couple handful of popcorn

We were going to have pork chops and veggies for dinner, but something came up and we were in a hurry, so we just had leftovers from last night.

I did get in all of my water for the day. I am going to try to exercise before I go to bed. I think I have a harder time getting into exercsing than I do getting back on CAD.

Keep up the good work you 2. You are doing great.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 16:13

DAY 3

I am really pleased with my return so far although I had a 1lb gain today I will not stress after reading vels journal her RM's are far from balanced and her weight has bounced all the time but her photos are great.

Part of my downfall last time was my stress about doing it perfectly and not suceeding.

Diane well done you are doing really well

Lila how is it going?

todays menu-almost balanced

CM coffee++

CM bacon,2eggs,sliced tomato (is tomato Ok) tea ++

RM large salad+mayo,1 1/2 scotch eggs,ketchup,1/2 pink grapefruit
2 tbs greek yogurt,small piece toffee cake cocoa ++
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 20:33

BF:

Hey Lusana & Dianee!

I have had 3 'perfect' days - so far, so good!

Lusana, I can really relate to what you said about doing it right and not succeeding. I don't lose well no matter what, and it's really discouraging. The reason I come back to CALP is that I can eat well with minimal stress and I don't tend to gain. I am hoping that I can up the exercise and be more careful with the options and gradually get some weight off.

Dianee, our starting point and goals are quite similar, so we need to keep on top of each other!

I am having a problem eating the salad because it is cold. Tonight I had a double portion of spinach.

Today's menu:

cm: Omelet with chiles, mushrooms, onions & cheese

cm: Celery w/ cream cheese, leftover roast beef

rm: 'Casserole' of spinach, sauteed mushrooms, ham, cream cheese, Mincemeat pie for dessert.

Lots of water & my vitamins

Keep up the good work!

Lila
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 21:54

BF:

Hi Ladies,

Looks like day #3 was good for all of us. It feels so good to be back in control again. I was down 2#'s. I still have 10 more to go to get the extra holiday weight off.

Lusana, Don't stress too much about having a balanced RM. As long as you are sensible with it and make sure that you don't eat a ton of carbs and very little protein, Just make CAD as liberal as possible at first, you can always tweak later on. Don't stress too much about the 1 lb gain. It could just be extra water retention. Are you drinking your water? That is very important to do.

Lila, I also can relate to the frustrations from not losing. No matter what I try anymore I can't seem to lose weight. I think a lot of my problem now is my age. Being in menopause is a bummer. Yes, I agree, we are quite similar in our goals and yes, lets keep up on top of each other. Sometimes I need a good nudge.

Today's menu

Breakfast
2 scrambled eggs
homemade sausage

Lunch
Salad with vinegar and oil dressing
ham slices

Dinner Rm
Salad with Ranch dressing
pork chop
Brussell Sprouts
small portion of scalloped potatoes (leftovers)
good cup of popcorn
diet pepsi

You both are dong great. Keep it up Day #4 is next.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 15:01

DAY 4

Well I am up another 1lb,boo hoo,I have been neglecting my water intake so will remedy that today.I was so frustrated today and I am wondering whether to stop weighing-I get scared not to as I tend to bury my head in the sand and pig out but I can't stand the dissapointment of not losing or worse gaining.

CM 2 boiled eggs and mayo tea++

cs scrambled egg

cs tuna+mayo coffee++

RM lamb stew,lots veg,small potato,french bread + butter,little bit jam,large mug creamy sweet cocoa.

MY rm was pretty balanced and I didnt need a dessert-yes I repeat I didnt need a dessert!!!!!!!!!!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 20:24

BF:

Did great on Day #4. I dropped another 2.5 lbs this morning. I know most of this is water weight from the 12 lbs that I gained over the holidays. At least it is coming off. I did manage to get a little exerciise in last night. I rode my exercise bike and boy, I thought my legs were going to drop off. I could not believe how out of shape I was.

Today's menu

Breakfast
2 scrambled eggs
2 turky bacons

Lunch
brussell sprouts
sm leftover pork chop

Dinner RM
huge salad with ranch dressing
steamed shrimp
sm piece of Hershey's dark chocolate
coffee with cream
diet pepsi

DH made a big platter of steamed shrimp and we just sat around and dipped it into the saice. It was so good.

I did say earlier that I was not going to have any sweets for 7 days. Well tonight I did have some chocolate. To be honest with you, I didn't really enjoy it.

Lusana- Sorry to hear you are up another lb. I know it is frustrating when the scale does not move, but even more so when it goes up. Are you getting close to TOM? Sometimes that will do it. Might help to drink more water too. How much mayo are you consuming at your CM's? Are you giving yourself at least 90 minutes in between snacks or meals? Are you chewing any gum or breath mints? Yesterday you asked about tomatoes, and I forgot to answer you. You have to watch how much tomato you eat. I think you are only allowed like 1/4 of one for CM. You of course can have some at your RM with no problem.

Hang in there. Sometimes you might be eating something that you think is alright and it isn't. It can take time to get this figured out. Make sure that you post everything that you are putting in your mouth. It will help for us to see if you might be eating something that you shouldn't

On to day #5 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Last edited by Dianee : Wed, Dec-31-03 at 20:25.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 00:55

Plan: CAD
Stats: 171/146.0/133 Female 5'4" and 1/4
BF:
Progress: 66%

I know what you mean about trying to decide whether or not to weigh daily...I do the same thing. The daily number has too much control over my mood, but at the same time only weighing once a week isn't very accurate. I think I'll continue to stick to weighing daily, and try to do the weekly averaging thing that the book recommends...it seems like the best way. I just have to remember that the daily number isn't always accurate.
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 09:08

BF:

I had 4 'prefect' days, then the flu hit yesterday. I cannot eat, and especially not proteins - I had chicken noodle soup & gatorade. Will have to restart when I get over this bug.

Lila
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 17:11

DAY 6

ok I cannot lie I have messed up big time and been totally off plan all day.I was so dissapointed with my 1lb a day gain I am now 1lb over starting weight and feel really scared-if I cant lose weight on cad I dont know what to do.

Sorry to let you guys down you have been doing so well I will go back on cad tommorrow.