Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 11:39
Yo-Yo

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 284/234/167 Female 5 foot 10 inchs
BF:yes very!!!
Progress: 43%

I might do ir i might just wear my chicken suit, Ive got the skin to match buckaaaaaa
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 13:34

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%

Hi Christine and Lynda

Glad to hear that the photo session went OK Christine. There is a note in my journal saying that the Sun are doing something on Atkins all of this coming week. So wait and see.

So the interview was not so bad Lynda. Now for the photos. I hope all is coordinated well for you. Enjoy.

Now all we want are the papers and the articles. I'll keep an eye on the online Sun as only see the real thing in others hands on the train. Now all I need is for someone to be reading it and then look up and see me and let me know!!!!!
  #63   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 13:39
Yo-Yo

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 284/234/167 Female 5 foot 10 inchs
BF:yes very!!!
Progress: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleAnne
Hi Christine and Lynda

Glad to hear that the photo session went OK Christine. There is a note in my journal saying that the Sun are doing something on Atkins all of this coming week. So wait and see.

So the interview was not so bad Lynda. Now for the photos. I hope all is coordinated well for you. Enjoy.

Now all we want are the papers and the articles. I'll keep an eye on the online Sun as only see the real thing in others hands on the train. Now all I need is for someone to be reading it and then look up and see me and let me know!!!!!

She told me wed or thursday!! I asked if there was any nicew photies if I could have one, she said she would e-mail them to me!! I aint doing any sitting down I always get rolls of fat!! lol
I did stress the importance of fluid and how healthy my diet has become since I switched to low carb
  #64   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 01:06

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%

Well here is a link to today's article in the Sun . I have put it in media watch.

None of us are in todays article, but think that the photo of the girl in Croydon was probably taken by the same photographer that I had.
  #65   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 07:59

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/161.2/146 Female 5ft 6in
BF:yep, sure have !!
Progress: 82%

well good on you for all being interviewed, Im far too much of a coward, and as Ive only been low carbing for a couple of weeks dont think I could have really helped the cause much !!

Ive become amazed at how many people react in horror when you tell them you are following the atkins plan. They have definately been brainwashed to think its unhealthy and bad for you !! Well I can honestly say that even in this short lenght of time ive never felt better !!

So far managed to convert two people in my office to give it a go , once they realise what its really about they are dead keen. Anyway enough from me guess Im preaching to the converted here !!

Looking forward to reading the interviews during the week, gonna have to remember to keep asking one of my colleagues to lend me his paper, cos I dont buy the Sun - honest !

Good on ya !!

Lisa
  #66   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 11:25

Plan: atkins/bernstein
Stats: 105/105/105 Female 63ins
BF:
Progress:

lisa,i sometimes feel that i,ve argued with everybody in this country at some point,doctors,nurses,mam,friends etc but i proved them wrong in the end.i stopped preaching a long time ago,i just got sick of hearing all the negative things that they said.i know l-c works and works well and if we get our stories in the paper and it helps just one person,it will be worthit.
i visited my mam this morning and shes just had her blood lipid results.cholesterol-7.guess what diet the drs put her on.its so sad.i did try but got accused of "being a smart alec and thinking i know more than the doc".just what do you do?
  #67   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 12:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184/162/112 Female 5'5"
BF:31/26/19
Progress: 31%

You have my every sympathy Christine. Dealing with doctors is, quite frankly, a living hell at times... I ended up losing my incapacity benefit because I simply couldn't bear to let another one near me. This from the one set of people you're meant to be able to rely on to help you.

Well... their "help" put me in a wheelchair for over a year. I was a professional dancer before that. Thanks guys, but I'll do it my way...

I'm very lucky... my mother's response to me suggesting she try the precise opposite of the doctor's instructions was "I'd trust your opinion and advice over a doctor's any day..."

Its such a shame your mum won't listen to you... here's hoping she comes around in time though. Preferably short enough time to minimise the damage of the diet she's on right now.
  #68   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 12:50

BF:
Progress:

i think my mam is one of those people that thinks "the doc knows best".his word is law in her eyes but i,ll keep trying.i,ve printed some articles out for her and am keeping fingers crossed.
  #69   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 12:57

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/161.2/146 Female 5ft 6in
BF:yep, sure have !!
Progress: 82%

Hi Christine

Its interested what you said about your mum and her cholestrol levels. My dad died ( aged 55) suddenly last sept of a heart attack, no warning no nothing. He always followed a strict low fat, low cholestrol diet ( his dad also died of a HA) and he seemed pretty healthy. However, It turned out that when I read the post mortem, his heart was totally clogged with cholestrol, now Im no doctor and I know these things can be hereditary etc etc but I too am sick of reading these reports about how low fat is the way to go - didnt help him, in the slightest !! I dont mean to scare anyone with this, but people need to realise that low fat isnt the answer to everything !!

Because, my dad died in this way, i had my levels checked, luckily they were normal, but give it a few months ( and i will still be on this in few months, cos I cant ever imagine going back to eating the way I did ) and I will have them tested again, whats the betting they are the same, or even gone down further !!!!!!!!

So hurrah for us !!!!

Lisa
  #70   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 13:20

BF:
Progress:

too right lisa,
my ch levels are fine, in fact good ch went up to 1.7 and ldl went down along with triglyserides.
  #71   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 10:35

BF:
Progress:

in case anyones wondering where lynda is,her computer is poorly.its in need of a doc at this very minute.
she phoned me to say the photo session went well and will be back as soon as possible.
  #72   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 10:48
Champagne Paulie

Plan: My Fitness Pal
Stats: 156.2/123.8/120 Female 5 ft 4 ins
BF:Got some, thanks
Progress: 90%

Thanks Christine. It looks like a few of us have had computer problems today.
  #73   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 11:29

BF:
Progress:

know what you mean.my server is useles.keeps cutting me off.grrrrr
getting broardband tomorrow.yippeeeeeeee!
  #74   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 11:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 152/136/119 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

arhhhh that explains it, i thought it was a bit quiet LOL

My comp is on a major go slow tonight (NTLWORLD) can't have broadband coz we don't have cable here sniff sniff

Anyone seen the Sun today? THE PAPER not the hot thing in the sky before you all start with ya funnys lol

Just wondering if any of our beautiful babes are in todays edition?
  #75   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 11:56

BF:
Progress:

no,we,re not in it.
i,m on freeserve and if it gets any slower it will stop.its driving me mad.
we haven,t got cable.getting bb off bt.they send the bits and son connects.