Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Fibromyalgia, CFS, S.A.D.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-26-11, 07:50

Plan: Keto/Phinney18
Stats: 269/265/145 Female 5' 8"
BF:Way/TOO/Much
Progress: 3%
Default Excellent Results with Vitamin D3

After 25 years of pain and fatigue and taking every supplement known to man I am finally getting a handle on this. Started reading the Vitamin D cure last week and have been pain free ever since. I had a low level last August when it should have been at my highest of 32 ng/ml. It is considered the low end of normal but was obviously not enough for me to feel well.

I have been taking 10000iu every day for a week now and feel amazing. I have been 95% pain free ever since I started and energy is way up. Sleeping better and just feel like I am finally going to get my life back

I haven't talked to my doctor about this yet but will share it with her. She seems open to things like this and even asked for the name of some of the books I am reading.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-26-11, 08:20

Plan: Healthy moderate carb
Stats: 215/171/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppetlady
After 25 years of pain and fatigue and taking every supplement known to man I am finally getting a handle on this. Started reading the Vitamin D cure last week and have been pain free ever since. I had a low level last August when it should have been at my highest of 32 ng/ml. It is considered the low end of normal but was obviously not enough for me to feel well.

I have been taking 10000iu every day for a week now and feel amazing. I have been 95% pain free ever since I started and energy is way up. Sleeping better and just feel like I am finally going to get my life back

I haven't talked to my doctor about this yet but will share it with her. She seems open to things like this and even asked for the name of some of the books I am reading.

Have a thyroid panel done as well. Vitamin D deficiency goes hand in hand for the majority of those with hypothyroidism. And don't let your doc say they are within normal ranges. It depends where your levels are and your symptoms. I had a total thyroidectomy and my levels were never out of "normal" ranges. Fibromyalgia is often misdiagnosed thyroid disease. I was diagnosed with Fibro in 05 at the Mayo Clinic and while getting my thyroid disease treated it hasn't stopped the Fibro but it sure has made it liveable with very few flares. You need a free T3, free T4 and TPO Anitbodies testing of the thryoid. Most PCPs only test TSH. TSH = thyroid stimulating hormone and is produced by the pituitary gland. So glad you are feeling bertter!