Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 04:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/220/122 Female 5ft 1in
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile Second attempt and in need of support

Hi everyone - This is my second attempt at low carbing. I did well and lost a stone before Xmas last year but have put it all back on again due to major problems at work which brought on the binge eating again. Have got the situation under control again after support from friends and counselling but now need to start shifting the fat once more - I am going on holiday in seven weeks time when my current employment ends and I really want to start afresh. I would be so grateful for any tips, support and a buddy - I live in Brighton, UK and don't know anyone else who is doing low carb at the moment - everyone keeps telling me how dangerous it is!! I have a history of thyroid disease and have had a total thyroidectomy some years ago so my metabolism is on the floor! Any help would be so very welcome and I would be delighted to offer my support to anyone else out there in the battle to lose weight.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Marlene
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 05:22

Stats: 215/215/150 Female 68 inches
BF:

Marlene,

Welcome to the group!!! I find this website very informative and the other members VERY supportive. I highly recommend starting a journal and using fitday. I didn't do these things in past lc attempts, but am doing them this time and find them helpful. Good luck to you and hope to see you on the boards.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 05:24

Stats: 130/128/112 Female 5'1''
BF:
Progress: 11%

Hi there,

I live in the UK too! Welcome to the forums this place is the best! Everyone is so nice and friendly. I would never have been able to stick to it without all the support from friends here. I see you live in brighton, such a beautiful place. I went there in march for a conference and i was really impressed by it. I'd never been there and was expecting blackpool Such a gorgeous seafront. I must admit i spent most of my time sitting on a bench looking at sea instead of inside listening to boring speakers

You should start a journal as it's a great way to let others keep in otuch with you and lend their info and support to you. Feel free to stop by mine anytime.

There's a Uk thread here as well if you haven't seen it. I don't know anyone else doing it either so it's nice to ahve support from people here. Just smile and say nothing if people tell you it's bad usually they don;t know anything about this WOL anyway.

Have a great wednesday,

Tammy
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 05:26

Stats: 303/185/167 Female 5ft. 6in.
BF:I don't wanta know
Progress: 87%

Hi Marlene,

I am glad that you are giving it another try. If you did it before, you can surely do it again. I think the most important thing for me was making up my mind that once I started, that was it. This is the way I eat for the rest of my life. Now that I have started, I don't even want to eat any other way. I also have thyroid disease. I have hypothyriod. I have had it since my early twenties and I am 55 now. Between that and a long history of yoyo dieting, my metabolism is not at it's best either, but I have found that since I started low carbing I have more energy that I have had in a very long time. How could anything that makes you feel so much better be dangerous? I, too am on Atkins and staying at induction level right now because I have so much to lose.
Anyway, it is nice to meet you, and I know you are going to do great.
Martha
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 09:30
Anyone?? Bueller?

Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hello and welcome Marlene!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 10:22

Plan: M&E
Stats: 265/265/170 Female 5 ft. 6 in.
BF:

Welcome, Marlene. You've done it once, you can do it again! I have faith in you!

Good luck,

Chris