Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-03, 18:30

Plan: Organic
Stats: 167/1??/120 Female 69 inches
BF:29w/26w/24w
Progress: 57%
Unhappy This sucks...

I'm sad. I've been taking Candistroy for 3? weeks now and I have ANOTHER yeast infection, and I'm soooo tired. I don't know if it's die off or what but it's not going away. My accupuncturist said I have a weak immune system and I just feel so crappy. All I wanna do is go eat some cake and choclate and it's not fair that other people eat whatever they want. I know it's trivial, sorry for whinning. I just don't feel like i'll ever feel better I feel like I'm doomed to always feel bad. I hate looking in the mirror because I've put on so much weight, I don't even like going out b/c I don't want anyone to see me who knew me when I was thin! I know it's pathetic. And I'm back up to 152. How did I gain 7 punds, I've been following the diet? Sorry this is so negative. I'm just really depressed right now. I don't even know what the point of this post was except to rant.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-03, 20:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/166.5/??
BF:
Progress: 23%

I totally understand!!! I have been doing Atkins for 2 months now and felt so proud of myself for sticking with it and even LIKING it- then- after reading a million things on candida, realize I need to restrict my diet even FURTHER!!! It's so discouraging!! I have only been deyeasting for 3 days, haven't had too bad of a reaction, just real tired and a little crampy, but it's so frustrating to have so many limitations. It's hard not to feel a little whiny!!!Especially because I wanted to do Atkins and was forced to do the de-yeasting- does that make sense??

Anyways- I understand your frustration and I guess the only thing we can do is just realize that things will eventually get better and this will all be worth it when the psoraosis, headaches, moodiness, etc. from the candida GO AWAY!!!

Just had to let you know your rant was heard and understood!!

Kara
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 09:14

Thanks Kara! Your right, it will all be worth it when the Yeast Beast is dead. DIE DIE!!!!!!!!!! lol

I feel better today. It hasn't even been a month yet so I will just be patient. I actually had a dream last night that our refrigorator broke and I HAD to eat all the ice cream and cake that was inside!! "No, I'm not addicted to sugar" lol

I'm gald you like ATkins so much becase soon you'll be able to go back and the weight will be a lot easier to lose. Thanks for hearing my rant!!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 17:41
Plemorphist

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle II
Stats: 150/129/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:??%/??%/ 22%
Progress: 105%

I have to ask if you are taking any supplements in your battle of the yeasties. What you take is as important as what you don't eat. I'm in week 5 of my battle. If you have had candida for a long time (whether you knew it or not) it can take a long time to get rid of. I've heard of cases of up to a year. I personally take it one day at a time. I'm in it for the long haul. Beats the helloutta being sick all the time and not knowing what it is!!

Good luck to us all!!!!

Liz
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-03, 09:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 256/220/215 Male 78 inches
BF:36/28/20
Progress: 88%

Hi Kaela,

Check the candida information and links on my web page below. Perhaps you need diet adjustments to fight the yeast infection. Try the "Starting Diet" for a couple of months to see your reaction. This diet is also very good for continuing your weight loss.

Bowel Diseases and Candida - News You Can Use.

Kent
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-03, 12:03

Thanks for the help guys! I'll look at that webpage.