Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1996   ^
Old Fri, Feb-04-11, 06:53

Plan: none
Stats: 200/186/160 Female 5'7'
BF:
Progress: 35%

Hoping for a better day today! Yesterday I was talking with a customer and had a coughing fit-not very professional-her comment "you're sick". I explained that I had just finished antibiotics and it's doubtfull that at this point I'm contagious. Please let me get well!! I do feel better-took some wonder juice (the cough med the doc prescribed) and slept well. Not so stuffy this morning. I don't know what this stuff is, but it makes me mellow for the whole day (Rich likes that) and I don't wake up with so many aches and pains. The only info I can find is how to mix it with sprite and voldka. LOL!

Need to get to work early. One of my sales Reps is coming and he and Rich get very busy when I'm not around!! Rich can be talked into anything!

Have a great day!!
Sponsored Links
  #1997   ^
Old Fri, Feb-04-11, 08:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 383.8/345.4/180 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 19%

Good morning...boy Pam this has really got a hold of you,hope you get better soon.My recomendation is to stick with the wonder juice and vodka,lol,can't hurt right?? I am having a special bottle of wine tomorrow night and I am looking forward to it,not low carb but it is what it is and I will jump back on Sunday.Did much better with my water yesterday and green tea yesterday,up all night peeing,I just know how important it is in my weight loss....have a good day,Pam get better!!!!
  #1998   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-11, 05:50

BF:

I went to bed last night about 8:30 and slept most of the night until 6 AM. I feel like I could sleep another couple hours. I guess I'm just over tired! The good news is (?) I did it without happy juice or sleeping pills. If we didn't have a Super Bowl party to go to tonight, I'd do it again!
  #1999   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-11, 08:05

BF:

Went to the party saturday and had a blast,drank way to much but so much fun....expecting more snow tonight,not much1-3 inches,we have allready had 80 inches this winter.they have the national guard cleaning off school roofs and supervised inmates clearing out fire hydrants.I got on the scales and got three different readings,neither of which was good so will wait another week...Glo
  #2000   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-11, 10:28

BF:

Confession time! Several years ago I got to my highest weight ever-223. Don't really know how it happened....Anyway, I lost 50+ lbs using low fat for awhile and then old faithful low carb. I got down to 170, bought all new clothes and was a happy camper. Then I started my Card Shop and also abandoned low carb for the awful, but tastey, food at the flea market. I am now up 29 lbs. I'm so disgusted-with myself. Last night I had a long conversation with a woman at the SB party about low carb-as usual, explaining that low carb doesn't mean no carb, etc. I do this over and over (explaining LC) and yet, I've continued to eat what I want, even though I know how easy it would be to get back on plan and lose this weight. This morning I was all set to start and Rich announced we were going out for breakfast. I did fine except I did eat 1 1/2 pieces of whole wheat toast with a lottle jelly. No potatoes, though. Tonight I'll eat meat and salad. I'm going to really try. I have no reason not to stick to it other than self-indulgence. By the end of the month I hope to be off caffeine and cigarettes, too. One thing at a time.

My cold is actually a little better today. I'm going to take a nap after I pick the dogs up from the groomer. WooHoo-the sun is peaking out! I'm so sick of our crappy depressing weather! This is FL for crying out loud!! LOL!

Have a great day!!
  #2001   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-11, 10:30

Plan: counting carbs
Stats: 200/188/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 18%

Good morning....we have had 13" more snow this winter than what is normal for here!!! enough already...however, Glo, you northeasterners have had way more....I have clothes to try on, see if they are keepers or not...then 2 more closets to sort.....big job!! Much work to do in addition to this, also....right now I am updating the addresses on my YapTop (hahaha) so when we head to FL it will be correct.....time-consuming job!!! have a super week!! xoox Vicki
  #2002   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-11, 19:31

BF:

Finally feeling better today. About time!! The sun was shining, but cool and windy. Happily down 4 lbs this morning. Did fine today.
  #2003   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-11, 04:34

BF:

Pam,glad you are finally feeling better,congatz on the 4 lb.loss,if you get off the cigarettes you will feel so much better and colds won't last nearly as long.Yesterday on t.v.Ozzie Osborne was on with his wife and he said he was addicted to alcohol and drugs and tobacco,and the tobacco was the most addicting and the hardest to kick!!! It is my greatest accomplishment,if I can quit anyone can,I truely loved smoking and was a heavy smoker,now I very seldom think of them,you can do it.Well confession time for me too,didn't feel like cooking last night, had Grandson,so I ordered pizza..food is the hardest addiction for me and I am a true carb addict!!! I need to get some of this weight off,I rented a condo in Myrtle Beach South Carolina for the end of june with 5 others and want to be able to enjoy!! Vicki,thats a job doing closets,I don't envy you, it's something I need to do soon! Where is everybody?? .....Glo
  #2004   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-11, 06:48

BF:

Down 2 more pounds this morning. The other day Rich went to the grocery and brought home a big bag of prepopped corn, a small pie, and other assorted junk. He knows I'm doing low carb and I have to question whether it's an unconscious need to test or sabotage me. He finally ate some pie last night, but it will just sit now on the counter in full view. I'm ignoring it.

Have a great day!!!
  #2005   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-11, 19:19

BF:

Pie and popcorn still sitting on the counter tonight. He went to bed without eating any.
  #2006   ^
Old Fri, Feb-11-11, 06:58

BF:

I'm at 191.8 this morning, down from 199.6. That pie was calling me last night and I just sat here resisting and finally told myself it's only instant gratification and then I would hate myself all over again. Fortunately, as my will to resist was fading, Rich got up and ate it! Very good thing he didn't get up to find I had!!

After another exhausting week, and we're just starting the busy weekend, I finally decided to get help on a regular basis. I need two days off in a row-the first day I'm too tired to do anything. Right now my day off is spent with appointments for the animals or myself. And then it's back to work the next day. I'm run down and I have no life outside of work. I think for my health and sanity, that has to change. Rich is working his heart out and it's just more than we can do by ourselves right now. Come summer the market will be closed on Wed so it won't be an issue because it's so slow. Barb gets back from her cruise today and I think I'll be calling her tomorrow.

Have a great day!!
  #2007   ^
Old Mon, Feb-14-11, 07:40

BF:

Had stomach bug x few days....not good,weather is good no snow this week in fact going to be 50 degrees on friday.My Grandaughter Morgan Paige made it to Australia,she said 3 days without showering,4 planes and 3 layovers,seeing the clear water and the great reef while landing made it all worth it!!She will study abroad for one semester,she has worked hard(Deans list 3.8 ) and deserves this amazing journey and chance of a lifetime....I will miss her but am so happy for her,thank God for skype and ooVoo.Back on eating plan after much gingerale and coke last few days,have a good one all.
  #2008   ^
Old Mon, Feb-14-11, 16:30

BF:

Glad you're feeling better, Glo!!

I ate some bread last night and desert. Planned on being back on today, but I don't want to cook-it's valentines day after all. So I'm ordering Chinese tonight! Back on track tomorrow!!

Barbara will be working with me on Tuesdays and Rich on Fridays. I'll be off Th/Fr. That will give me a chance to veg and also get stuff done. I hope she's prepared for the busy day we're gonna have tomorrow! Putting Valentines away and getting out St Patty Day cards and a bunch of others. An order came today that has to be sorted and put out and we'll probably have at least one more tomorrow. Cleaning and reorganizing the racks. I also have a sales rep coming. I hope she doesn't quit or hurt her back!!
  #2009   ^
Old Tue, Feb-15-11, 07:16

Plan: counting carbs
Stats: 200/188/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 18%

good morning from sunny Indiana....supposed to get up into the 40s here today--yeah!!! Pam, we will be coming down in two weeks!!! Can't wait to see you. What day should we come to THE RED BARN to meet? I know you are located on the north side (we have parked over there quite a lot...sometimes on the south side)......from the main doors on the north side, which way do I go? East??? Since you aren't there lots of days, which day should we come? Looks like Tuesdays would be a good day.....or Wed....is that right? We will be arriving on the 1st, and have plans to go to EpCot with friends for the day on the 8th, I think.....but perhaps we can come on a Wed. to meet at first. We will be there more than once during the month...but when I come, I want to be sure YOU will be there. You can email me about this....you have my e-mail address?
  #2010   ^
Old Tue, Feb-15-11, 08:31

BF:

As before, Barb called off this morning-horrendous day ahead-thank goodness it's slow with customers.

Vicki-I am one of the permanent front row stores. You can park right in front. If possible, I would suggest you come the first time on Tuesday. It's a slow day, you can park in front of the store. You can't miss me from the front-my sign is hot pink and green bubbles! LOL! Right next to the shell shop. The whole market is open Wed, Fr, Sat, Sun. We are usually mobbed on those days so I don't know if I'll be able to stop to talk-I say that and we won't be-lol! On Tu we open at 10. I'll send you my phone number so you can call when you want to come. I'll check to be sure I have your email address-that is my business email-which is fine-I'll send my personal email. Can't wait to meet you!!
Closed Thread