Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1981   ^
Old Thu, Jan-27-11, 10:41

Plan: counting carbs
Stats: 200/188/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 18%

HOPE YOU ARE FEELING MUCH BETTER TODAY, PAM.....KEEP WARM GLORIA!!! Sorry, not shouting here...forgot to un-cap!!!
Has a tumor been ruled out for the cat? Sounds like there is blockage.....but since she is older.....maybe her muscles are just weak. Wow, we have heard of the whoop cough also....wonder if we need another inj. for it???? Keep well, everyone!!! xoxo
Sponsored Links
  #1982   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-11, 06:47

Plan: none
Stats: 200/186/160 Female 5'7'
BF:
Progress: 35%

Good Morning, Ladies. Had another rough day yesterday. This has been crazy! Last night I felt a bout of vertigo coming on. I made it to the bed and took a dramamine, which I keep by the bed. I only have vertigo every few years, but I never know when and the doc doesn't know why. I realized the dramamine was expired so Rich went to get me more. When this happens I have to lay in one spot with my eyes closed. I get very nauseated and the room spins wildly. Fortunately, after the second dramamine I went to sleep for about 3 hours. When I woke I was groggy, but the dizziness was gone. At one point yesterday I coughed so hard it felt like I broke a rib. Last night I had another coughing fit and the rib was still painful. I took my cough medicine and went to sleep, thank goodness. I'm feeling better this morning, still a little groggy, but I think I'll live. I'm going back to work today-I've been away long enough!

As for Stasha, she has a large tumor which crowds the other organs. For the most part, she's doing well for almost 19 (next month). No blockage. The first time she had an "episode" it was a UTI, this time we're not sure what caused it. Maybe gas-she's on lactulose 3X day to keep her "moving".

I hope everybody is fairing well with all the snow and cold!!! Stay warm!
  #1983   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-11, 07:58

Plan: atkins
Stats: 383.8/345.4/180 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 19%

Good morning ladies,Pam,hopefully when the antibiodics kick in the coughing will let up,never had vertigo,only spinning ceiling in my life was years and years ago after drinking,lol.We are literally buried here,61 inches of snow already and it's not even the end of Jan. yet !!!! I think I am having my GS Chase this weekend....woot woot, good news he says his Mother has been alot nicer to him lately,sad but better for him.I drank more water yesterday,will try and keep it up today...have a good weekend all...Glo
  #1984   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-11, 07:13

BF:

Good morning. I'm feeling a little better-yesterday was rough. Looks like the sun is going to shine-hopefully a little warmer!

Have a good weekend!!
  #1985   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-11, 18:18

BF:

Hooray for feeling better, hooray for warmer temps.....keep up warming it up....will be down in another month...and hooray for that!!!!
  #1986   ^
Old Sun, Jan-30-11, 06:17

BF:

Rich ended up coming home early yesterday, went to bed and slept about 4 hours. Got up to eat and back to bed for the night. I wonder if we're ever going to get rid of this! I'm into my third week, he's at 2 1/2. Today is my last day of antibiotics. I am better, but it just takes everything out of me to get through the day. I think there are many others going through the same thing. Don't know if a flu shot would have helped. Any thoughts? We've never had one.
  #1987   ^
Old Sun, Jan-30-11, 09:07

BF:

Speaking for myself,I get a flu shot every year,after years of chronic bronchitis and usually 2-3 bouts a year! I also get the pneumonia shot,since I have quit smoking not even a cold,but still get flu shot every year....the people that say they get the flu after recieving the shot had something brewing at the time of the shot,the shot does not cause the flu!!!!! Glad you are on the road to feeling better,I guess it has to run it's course but it does take a lot out of you....Glo
  #1988   ^
Old Mon, Jan-31-11, 07:11

BF:

Good Morning! Rich says he's feeling a lot better today, thank goodness. I'm still blowing! We had a beautiful weekend (weather). We're off today and it's cloudy. Sunshine would make me feel a whole lot better! I want to open the doors and windows and air this place out!!!
  #1989   ^
Old Mon, Jan-31-11, 08:44

BF:

Well ladies I got on the dreaded scale today and not quite as bad as I thought,I am still down 19 lbs. from my initial start,of coarse could be alot better if I hadn't grazed for almost 2 months but you can't unring a bell it's done and I can only go forward from here....feeling good now.More snow is coming tomorrow morning,6 inches til tues. night then turning to sleet and ice and changing back to snow ending thurs. morning...what a winter we are having.....Glo
  #1990   ^
Old Tue, Feb-01-11, 05:57

BF:

We got snow overnight....not sure how it is out there, it's still dark. More storm stuff to coming through later today. We have eye checks at 1:30---don't know if we can get there, or not. They are saying in the far northern counties of Indiana, there will be blizzard conditions---here (still northeast IN) not as much wind. It's been a long winter here, but I think worse for you, Glo!!! Pam, we always get the flu shot in Oct or early Nov.....we also have had the Pneumonia shot (ONCE is enough for that one) I don't like taking the shots, but we have friends that don't take them, and they were sick for a month!! Cough lasts and lasts. At our ages, we have to be careful and do what we can to prevent this. Our bodies aren't as strong to fight off the infections as they used to be. I am surprised your doctor didn't tell you that you needed the shot. I know nothing prevents everything, however---it gives us the boost we need to help. Take about 3 Vit. C each day 1000 mg. each......that could/should help your bodies get over this illness. AM...noon....PM Drink lots of juices and water of course. I'd rather have the flu shot than have to take all the antibiotics. Keep getting stronger and better!!! xoxoxo
  #1991   ^
Old Tue, Feb-01-11, 07:24

BF:

I'm normally very healthy so I have put off having the flu shot. I will have to rethink it now that I'm dealing with the public every day.

I seem to have hit a plateau with this cold. I don't get better or worse. I keep thinking I'll wake up well one day! I need bloodwork soon so I hope to get over this in the next few days.

Decided we have to get the dogs out of our bed. Love to cuddle with them, but neither of us can move. We went to the pet store yesterday and bought 2 more crates. The dogs did well, probably better than us. We both felt like something was missing-couldn't get comfortable with all that room! LOL! I also worked on my fish tank. I'm taking today off and hoping to get some housework and laundry done. It's supposed to be warm, but overcast so I can open doors.

Can't believe all the snow you folks are getting! What a winter! Have a great day! Stay warm and safe!
  #1992   ^
Old Tue, Feb-01-11, 08:52

BF:

Where is the global warming?????? I am going into a new business,I think I can become quite wealthy.....snow cones anyone??????
  #1993   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-11, 06:08

BF:

Global Warming? My thoughts exactly, Glo! Stay warm, all!!!!!
  #1994   ^
Old Thu, Feb-03-11, 08:59

BF:

How is every one???? the same here every thing is white,the only good thing is your lawn looks as good as your neighbors,lol.Well I am eating on plan but am still having trouble getting all my water in going to get some diet green tea to see if that will help.I have a party to go to tomorrow night,not worried about the food as there will be low carb choices,shrimp,wings,etc. but it's B.Y.O.B. and I have an expensive bottle of wine I was given for Christmas.I very seldom drink but I do like this wine. Hope all are well...Glo
  #1995   ^
Old Thu, Feb-03-11, 17:48

BF:

Still coughing and blowing! Very frustrating! Scabs in my nose. Yuk!! We're finally warm although will be cooler next week. Cloudy and depressing!

I'm not eating low carb, but eating less? I think. One of these days....

Stay warm!!
Closed Thread