Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1966   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-11, 14:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/150/130 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default chocolate low carb snacks?

That's the question I have. I'm 60 and no matter what I do I can't seem to lose the "spare tire." I wonder if anyone has any suggestions for an evening snack that is LC. Maybe something chocolate? I love pudding but can't find any low carb varieties.
Sponsored Links
  #1967   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-11, 21:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/183/165 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 22%

Jillian - Try Sugar free hot chocolate! As a matter of fact, I think I might just do that myself!
  #1968   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-11, 07:17

Plan: atkins
Stats: 383.8/345.4/180 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 19%

Pam,so sorry about Stasha,it's so hard we love them so much!Snowing again,seems like everyother day now we get a storm can't remember a winter like this after our 6 inches today than bitter,bitter cold...only 8 degrees tonight and the high tomorrow 17 degrees it's going to be like that for 4-5 days,I'm staying in hybernating and knitting.Stay warm....love Glo
  #1969   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-11, 13:38

Plan: none
Stats: 200/186/160 Female 5'7'
BF:
Progress: 35%

I have asked my doctor and one of the trainers at the club I used to belong to how to get rid of the spare. Unfortunately, both told me it will not go away with diet or exercize. It might get smaller, but outside of surgery, I'm stuck with it.....
  #1970   ^
Old Sat, Jan-22-11, 07:30

Plan: counting carbs
Stats: 200/188/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 18%

This morning in NE Indiana, when I first came out here, it was 1° and now it's a warm 4°!!! Hahahahah Brrrrr Light snow forecast for today.....not much accumulation in addition to what's on the ground. Pam, I have more than just the 'spare tire'--shoot!! I have the whole car!!! Glo, keep warm.....I also think the NE has been hit hard this year.....anything that comes from off the ocean will be cold, and feel colder than the temps really say.....I don't like it when the wind blows in from the East!!! Brrrrrr Ahhhhh, hot coffee!!! Hot tea!!! Hooray for that!!! Everyone have a great week-end....only 5 weeks and Pam & I will meet, and perhaps have a chance to have lunch together with our hubbies somewhere neat......you up for that, Pam??? xoxooxoo Vicki
  #1971   ^
Old Sat, Jan-22-11, 09:54

BF:

LOL! Vicki!! Where do you like to eat when you're here? I'm excited to meet you, too!! It will be fun!!

Stay warm!! It's cool here again. Spring! Where are you? I've got another nasty cold! I never get sick this much! Rich insisted I stay home today. We're really busy and I have a lot to do-hate not to be there!! Last time I got blamed for making other vendors sick! I hope he can fight it off!!
  #1972   ^
Old Sun, Jan-23-11, 05:50

BF:

Pam.....do you take vitamins? do you take Vit. C daily? Also, one thing we do when we feel a cold coming on....that little funny feeling that maybe something is working....I begin Echinacea capsules & 1000 mg. Vit C three times a day...morning, noon, & night.....and most of the time I can chase a cold away. That's not to say we never get a cold, but it has chased many away for us.....and with you being in the public...you need to keep hand sanitizers around your store...touching money, etc. is dirty.....those are Dr. Vicki's (joke here) hints for better health!! Ha Honestly the Ech & C combo is just wonderful. I think, perhaps, some Airborn or Zycam tablets or lozenges would be a good thing also.....but take at least 500 mg. Vit C each day regardless. Now that won't help you lose wt, for sure, but it can help you feel better and perhaps stop the bugs. Oh, the 1000 mg. C & Echinacea (you can get it at WalMart, or a drugstore-OTC) is to be taken right away as soon as you feel something for several days...but not all the time....okay? Have a great Sunday, trust all is well in NE, CT, and FL.....and that you can warm things up a bit for us this March. Last year it was cooler than normal, also.....but we'll bring sweatshirts and jackets!!! xooxoxo
  #1973   ^
Old Sun, Jan-23-11, 19:23

BF:

I went back to work today-Rich opened, but he was feeling awful so he came home to bed. The day went fine until about 2:30-Two of my brides arrived, a family wanted flutes engraved for a 25th anniversary (had to send them to the mall because it's for next Saturday-I might have been able to get them, but can't risk a screw-up) and I got swamped with other customers. At one point my back seized up and I couldn't move. I was ready to cry-I hurt so bad. Rich managed yesterday by himself, but he didn't have to deal with the wedding side. I told him we cannot do it on the weekends with only one of us. Next time we have to get help. Hopefully, we'll both get well and not have to deal with it next weekend. We just have to come to grips with the fact that neither of us can do it alone-happily, we are way too busy!! Thank goodness we have great, understanding customers!!! Tomorrow, I plan to do nothing! A few phone calls to make and then nothing!!
  #1974   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-11, 08:30

BF:

Good morning,hope everyone is doing well,Pam hope your cold is better,I've been having some dental problems,so much money in root canals and crowns,about ready to have them all pulled.Bitter cold snap here heat wave today,30 degrees has been -7,snowing now only about 2 inches but expecting Norteaster tomorrow starting off with freezing rain and sleet turning to up to a foot of snow....worst winter in a decade!!Eating on plan,still haven't gotten on scale though....Glo
  #1975   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-11, 19:09

BF:

Monday we just lay low and slept. Rich says he feels better, but he went home early today. I, on the other hand, am getting worse-the coughing is awful. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow. I used to get bronchitis every year. Haven't had it in many years, but I'm wondering if that may not be part of the problem. Anyway, I called in reinforcements to help Rich tomorrow. And she can probably handle Thurs alone if necessary. Unfortunately for us, she leaves on a cruise to the Panama Canal Tues. Hope she doesn't catch anything from Rich!! Back to the couch!
  #1976   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-11, 07:06

BF:

Explain please what is happening with this dear cat....what does she do? How does she act during an 'episode'?? Thanks.
  #1977   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-11, 08:17

BF:

Just wanted to stop and say hello,same here,waiting for another storm....eating on plan....Glo
  #1978   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-11, 19:34

BF:

Hello all-went to the doctor-after hearing about my cold, cough and another cold and worsening cough he tells me he's seeing a lot of whooping cough lately and asked if I'm whooping. Never entered my mind, but I don't think so. Gave me scripts for antibiotics and a cough medicine. I told him about my worsening acid reflux and he gave me a script for that and we'll see how I do over the next few weeks and maybe need more tests. Yuk! I'm a mess-feel like crap! Rich isn't feeling so hot either, but he's not as bad so he's hangin' in there. He's planning to work tomorrow and have Barb help him again Fri.

Stasha is back to her old self, thank you. Her episodes, as I call them, are due to her straining to poop or pee. She gets very uncomfortable and paces and squats and paces and squats . The last time she couldn't lay down or sit. She actually stood in one spot for about 40 minutes. It's scarey to watch cause there's nothing I can do for her.

Hang in there with that weather-we had storms, heavy wind and tornados last night. No damage in our immediate area. I'm ready to settle in for the night-hoping I feel better tomorrow!
  #1979   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-11, 19:43

BF:

Almost forgot the best thing that happened today! Now that I'm back to crappy insurance my Lipitor costs $169. Doc gave me a card so that the Lipitor will only cost $4. Thank goodness!!!!
  #1980   ^
Old Thu, Jan-27-11, 07:28

BF:

Pam hope the meds make you feel better.Another winter wonderland here today,snowiest winter on record just unbelievable!!! I am eating on plan but really need to get more water in.....Glo
Closed Thread