Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Mon, Jul-25-05, 11:44
LC Bridezilla

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 122/99/105 Female 62 inches
BF:Who/Cares
Progress: 135%

Hi Sona...we didn't set a date yet and I think that, when I post the thread, it will be a date beneficial to the group as a whole, so the fall is definitely an option!

Trust me Sona...I'm not fascinating...a weight problem is a weight problem...mine is just the reverse. I still have body and self esteem issues like every other woman I know. I keep telling myself now that I belong here because I did lose over 20 lbs recently and that this is a WOL for me now...like all of you great people!
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Mon, Jul-25-05, 11:49

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%

Gee Sona, am I chopped liver or something?????? How ya doin?
  #63   ^
Old Mon, Jul-25-05, 14:14

Plan: low- to medium-carb
Stats: 114/105/105 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissScruff
Gee Sona, am I chopped liver or something?????? How ya doin?

Aw, honey, no! I was just answering the NYC-area guys about their getting together query! I'm sorry... XXX

I've been reading your posts everywhere over the past several weeks. I'm really glad you decided to come back to the forum, and I see how many members support your strength and conviction. You've been working awfully hard on maintaining your health and weight; I've seen that too. (I enjoy the exchanges you have with Bawdy, who's another member I adore.)

Has the summer been treating you well so far? I read somewhere that you stopped working at that place you were at--what are you up to now? Any plans, or are you waiting till fall to start with something workwise?

Most of my journal posts end up at beyondlowcarb these days, but I still keep my journal here--and I should probably revive posts there, too.

Anyway, it's wonderful to see you in this subforum (maintenance/submaint.); congratulations!

Enjoy this week, Ms. Scruff!!

XXXXXXx
  #64   ^
Old Mon, Jul-25-05, 15:02
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Hey Sona!!

Good to see another NYer here!! I'd love to meet you for dinner anytime!! Its just that I get nose bleeds if I go over 34th st!!

Do you ever come downtown? Where are you upstate? Lucky you to be out of the city!! its smelly and too hot!!

What kinda pup do you have? I've got 3 pooches, pics in my gallery. my babies!!

Kryssi, we can still meet up in august too!! Its nice when its still summer... to eat outside!!
  #65   ^
Old Tue, Jul-26-05, 12:07

Plan: low- to medium-carb
Stats: 114/105/105 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi, Judy! and thanks for the standing invitation; I think I'll be taking you up on it when I get back to NYC.

Yes, I'm one of the lucky ones. I have a cabin on 15 acres in upstate NY (in the Berkshires) and I relocate to it with my dog and two cats (and DH, when he can spare the time) for summer months. My work is overnighted to me and sent back the same way. So I'm up here now, but I expect to be back in NYC by October.

I certainly do come downtown and would/will do so happily to meet up with you and Kryssi and anyone else in the area! What fun that would be. I'm on the Upper West Side but it certainly wouldn't be a problem to take the subway down (sans my dog, of course).

Melanie is my English springer, 6 years old this December. I think I remember the picture you used to have as your avatar that included your three pups--very cute!

Here's a picture:[IMG][/IMG]

You certainly must get lots of exercise in your line of work, Judy! I have to rely on weight lifting and cardio imposed in my life in order to get a decent amount of exercise

Till later, everyone--have a great day!

Best, Sona
  #66   ^
Old Tue, Jul-26-05, 12:19

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%

Sona: I was, of course, just teasing ya!!!!!! Glad to see you around here though! And, I love the pic of your pets! Too cute!

Judy: Hope all is going great! I have been having a tough day so far! Didn't sleep well, and my temp was 95.7 when I woke up! Don't know if the two are tied together along with just not feeling well! Am still trying to get work done around the house, just taking lots more breaks! I did get the armour converted to a computer desk and I think I am really going to like it!
  #67   ^
Old Tue, Jul-26-05, 13:39

Plan: Maintenance (PPLP)
Stats: 216/131/140 Female 5 feet, 5 inches
BF:48.79/21.19/23
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sona
You certainly must get lots of exercise in your line of work, Judy! I have to rely on weight lifting and cardio imposed in my life in order to get a decent amount of exercise

Till later, everyone--have a great day!

Best, Sona

I'm the same way, Sona....and it sucks, LOL! I don't mind, actually enjoy it temporarily, but I usually burn out after a couple of months.

I had the priviledge of seeing NYC once a few years ago for a business trip, and the biggest thing that stood out to me was that everybody walked everywhere! Out here on the West Coast, we RIDE, LOL.

Love the doggy pics -- our house is animal kingdom. Two Siberian Huskies (Keemo and Duchess) and five kitties (Snuggles, Little Bit, Missy Poo, Mia and Axel).

Lori
  #68   ^
Old Tue, Jul-26-05, 14:44
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Ohhhh...Melanie is so pretty!! I look forward to a dinner in October Sona!!

2 Siberians!! WOW!! Pics please? I love Sibes!!

As far as my walking...its my work...left to my own devices, I would not be doing all the walking I'm a lazy slug!! But my work keeps me very busy and active...and I will always work!!

Glad that you are feeling so much better Scruffy!!
  #69   ^
Old Thu, Aug-18-05, 04:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 265/265/200 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I just started maintenance and by far its been the toughest part of my diet. Its hard to adjust too what you can eat and can't eat. I am trying to keep a grasp on everything and started using fitday again. Its a good thing I'm a runner or I might be up a few pounds. I'm glad this post is here to see what you all are doing.
  #70   ^
Old Thu, Aug-18-05, 11:31

Plan: Generic LC
Stats: 212/157/135 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 71%

Bob,

Your right, it is tough. You will make some mistakes, gain a few then loose a few. This is all part of the learnig process. I would say that maintenance is one of the most personal parts of the journey. It is less about the specifics of loosing. Its about how you want to live your life. During the loosing portion, you learned the LC template. Now it's time to personalize...

Congratulations on an awsome job well done. I look foward to your posts here in the maintenance forum.
  #71   ^
Old Thu, Aug-18-05, 11:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159/141.7/130 Female 5'7"
BF: LOTS!
Progress: 60%

One of the things I'm learning (at least I'm trying to!) is to stop eating when satisfied....

For example, last night I came home from work, and the porkroast that I had planned on was a couple of hours from being done (!?*) -- I was hungry, grabbed some soy chips (low carb) and alouette spread (also low carb) and ate some -- then a handful of almonds.

At this point, I figured I had probably eaten enough, so went for a mile walk -- time to let my hunger sensation get settled! -- and then was able to ignore food for the rest of the evening (eventually the roast did get done, and my husband ate quite a bit of it....).

Obviously, the porkroast plus salad plus broccoli would have been a far better nutritional choice -- but I think I will likely make "mistakes" like this again -- and so I'm working at recognizing that my hunger was actually satisfied, and that I didn't need to eat anything more....

And it seemed to work, my weight didn't change this morning....

I guess this is part of what maintenance means to me, an ability to eat poorly at times yet still stay in control ....
  #72   ^
Old Thu, Aug-18-05, 12:06

Plan: Generic LC
Stats: 212/157/135 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 71%

Bonnie,

I do that too. I get home and I am famished so I grab a handful of whats quick and easy. Then somthing else like cheese. Then I am too full for dinner.

I have recently switched to eating the salad as soon as I return home around fourish. I know its supposed to be WITH dinner, but I know myself better. I eat the big spinache salad and that takes care of the hungar. I think it is because it takes TIME for the hunger switch to be turned off and the length of time it takes to eat the big salad fills the gap. I end up not needing as much dinner to boot. Try it, it may help.
  #73   ^
Old Fri, Aug-19-05, 06:42
LC Bridezilla

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 122/99/105 Female 62 inches
BF:Who/Cares
Progress: 135%

That's actually a great idea about the salad. We have a salad course most nights here before our dinner and we take time to talk between courses so our food has time to settle. I don't remember when I've actually had the need for a huge dinner after eating the salad.

Gee, my house sounds like a restaurant!
  #74   ^
Old Wed, Aug-24-05, 04:38

Plan: atkins
Stats: 265/265/200 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
Bob,

Your right, it is tough. You will make some mistakes, gain a few then loose a few. This is all part of the learnig process. I would say that maintenance is one of the most personal parts of the journey. It is less about the specifics of loosing. Its about how you want to live your life. During the loosing portion, you learned the LC template. Now it's time to personalize...

Congratulations on an awsome job well done. I look foward to your posts here in the maintenance forum.

Thank you Bandito. One thing I notice right off is that the maintenance forum isn't too active which is hard to get used too but I'll still post here....congradulations on your weight loss as well. Your pic looks great.