Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Nov-23-06, 22:27
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowyoucan
Hi,
I was inquiring via google about a symptom I have had in my left little finger, and was introduced to your general health site, where I found some great information.
So, I popped a sublingual B-12, am watching my left elbow closely, as I notice my tendency to put it on the desk when I am doing a lot of mosue work with my right hand. And, I am optimistic.
Based on that and the conversation in general, I looked at the site, and it looks like it will be a great resource
I have been around a couple times with Atkins, and have decided to get serious for the holidays.
So far so good.

If it's a potential B-12 deficiency, and you get the high-potency supplements, you'll notice an improvement in a matter of days. Skip a few supplements, and you'll start feeling the numbness/tingling again.

I wouldn't have known about the B-12 if it hadn't been for a routine blood test during a physical - my doc said my red blood cells were slightly immature and larger than they should be, hence her suspicion that I was slightly B-12 deficient.

If the B-12 doesn't help, consider getting your blood sugar tested, you want to make sure it isn't diabetic neuropathy. Other than that, it could be a problem with your neck or back, and the nerve pain transferring to your hands and feet - in this case, a muscle relaxant and/or an anti-inflammatory will help the situation, along with physical therapy if needed.

Hope you feel better soon.