Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-12-02, 19:52

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/188/150
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default i need a SUPPORT BUDDY

ANYONE THAT NEEDS A SUPPORT BUDDY, I ALSO AM IN

NEED....anyone in the los angeles area that needs a workout

buddy who is a low carber...i need one also....all the support i can

get i need!!!!! this is hard when you have outside entities

waving carbs in your face or when you go to a college where

every 5 steps theres a vending machine calling your name....i will

log on to this site every single day to stay focused....each one

teach one....
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-13-02, 04:13

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

Hi mia_elan84 ,

I am the opposite side of the world from you so I think I'm a bit far away to be a support buddy...but I thought I'd say hello anyway.

One thing I can tell you is that the desire to eat carbs goes away. I can now walk past street vendors selling sweet buns and cakes without a second thought. Chocolate was the most difficult thing for me to give up but I've even managed that!

Just make sure you are never actually hungry. Eat a good breakfast and take something to college for lunch (I take a tupperware container with smoked chicken, ham, cheese two hard boiled eggs and salad after that lot you couldn't even manage to eat the junk from the machines...if we had machines!)

Good luck - and remember you have something stronger than your cravings - will power!

Robert
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Oct-13-02, 17:50

BF:

thank you robert...i will bring a tupperware container with "snacks"....the induction to me is always the hardest but after the 5 th day i do stop craving carbs and after the 7th day..something just happens and there goes the donuts!!!!! i start eating carbs again and not because i necessarily want them...but because i'm used to them. it's crazy but it happens..this time around i will be more conscious of that.....
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Oct-15-02, 22:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 050/029/000 Female 5ft, 8 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

I'd love to be your buddy, but I have two daughters who just graduated from college and they think I'm an old fuddy duddy and don't value my advice, so you may feel the same way.

I know how hard it is to stick to a plan like this when you are surrounded by kids eating junk food all day long. It's not easy to pass the vending machines when you are stressed by classes or feeling low because you are away from home.

The nice thing about this woe is so many of the food items are "portable". Meats, cheese, nuts, raw veggies. The only problem is, if you live in a dorm, preparation and storage may be difficult.

Good luck to you,

Carol
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Oct-18-02, 22:28

BF:

oh i'm 28 years old. i dont live on campus. induction is getting easier as today friday the 18 is the 5th day. but thank you for your support buddy offer. i need guidance and motivation goiung through this. i have never gone past 5 days of induction so today is a day to celebrate. i will especially need help in the owl and maintenace program.....my name is mia.

thank you
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Oct-20-02, 06:18

Stats: 125/119/108 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default Hi there!

I am back on induction after an insane few months on Weight Watchers

I am also full of questions....but I would be happy to be a support buddy to cheer you on! I know that, for me, knowing I am not alone and that others care is SUCH a key to reaching my goal.

Here is a cheer for you
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Oct-20-02, 09:13

BF:
Thumbs down

weight watchers????? been there done that? didnt work for me.....this is now my 7th day on induction and i feel so much in control of me!!!! and a support buddy would be great during these life changing processes'. my email is miaelan84~yahoo.com......

look forward to hearing from you.....
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Oct-22-02, 21:57

BF:

well today is the 9 day of my induction and the inches are disappearing (thank god). i feel really good now. i know i can complete the 14 days....and then i am thinking of doing an additional 14 just for more discipline. i thought this would be so
hard but yet it has been relatively easy. for the last 9 days i have had the same meal and am excited to sit down and eat it each time. the staple of the 9 days has been eggs, cheese, chicken(fried), blue cheese dressing, salad, broccoli and of course hot sauce....and every nite i have a little whip cream with splenda
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Oct-23-02, 06:40

Stats: 125/119/108 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 35%
Thumbs up GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Good for you!

Are you going to start a journal???
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Oct-23-02, 18:47

BF:

ive startted one on fitday but i dont right in it everyday like i should.....todday is the 10th day and on the 9th day i cheated and had some sugar free jello with whipped cream with splenda...no more cheating now im on a ROLL.........
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Oct-24-02, 02:32

Hi mia_elan84
Quote:
on the 9th day i cheated and had some sugar free jello with whipped cream with splenda...

I don't hink this is cheating. When I was on induction I had sugar free jelly (as we Brits call it) every day...and lost tons. The only carbs are in the cream.

Glad you're on a roll - keep it rolling.

All the best Robert
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Oct-24-02, 11:24

BF:

WOW. EVERY DAY? and jelly is what i used to spread on my bread in the morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well that jello(jelly) really did hit the spot and the cream really hit the spot but i will have to try to mix the jello and sour cream together assomeone suggested because the cream has carbs and i dont want to overdue it .......

today is my 11th day and i cant believe ive gone this long without quitting or falling off the wagon...

i haver a huge obstacle approaching....sunday the 27 is my sons birthday parthy and its usually a huge gala event with tons of people..and since my sister is a professional caterer, we are having all types of food.....TO BE EXACT SOUL FOOD!!!!

macaroni and cheese
sweet potatoes(yams)
cornbread
barbeque chicken
greens
blackeyed peas and rice

and cake ice cream and peach cobbler

my willpower will be tested......i will let you know how it turns out!
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Oct-24-02, 14:49

Hi mia_elan84!

Well I guess you're Ok with the chicken. I just looked up cooked yam...it's 27.60g per 100 The other stuff looks pretty carby too (and delicious!)

Oh well, you'll just have to decide whether to pig out but make your mind up to go stright back to induction the next day or suffer!

If you pig out you'll seem to instantly put 2 or 3 pounds back on. Most of it will be water though and you'll soon loose it. On the other hand your cravings for carbs may all come back. Hard decision - similar to the one I'll have to face at Xmas - Xmas pudding or an Xmas without pudding.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards, Robert.

Yea, what you call jello we call jelly and what you call jelly we call jam.
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Nov-10-02, 16:11

BF:

i had a setback for about days after my 16 day but im back stronger than ever now......fell off the bandwagon somewhat but didnt fall too hard!!!!! still losing weight and exercising now