Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 07:26

Plan: Atkins, CAD, Atkins
Stats: 160/136.5/125
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hey Cindi.. good news about getting back down!

Yeah, we awakened to 10 degrees this morning and the snow that was here a week ago still has not melted. My children go skiing with the church next weekend and the base in the mountains is incredible this year with very little icing from melt, so they should have a really nice trip.

I went down another pound this morning. I do not know why but I'm not complaining about it AT ALL! I'm now at 134 which is only 9 pounds from goal. The only thing I can figure is that I lost weight working out in Florida last week and just came home on a high fluctuation. I stayed at 137.5 for several days, the dropped suddenly. We'll see how the average works out on Sunday.

best to all!
Joanie
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 10:38

Plan: No more
Stats: 168/177/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: -39%

Wow Joanie! You are really dropping fast! Congratulations. You may need to take another FL trip! lol...

Nasty and snowy here yet... It appears to have stopped snowing but it is awful out. The wind is strong and they haven't even been able to work on the secondary roads at all as the primary roads are still so bad. We have about 8" so far and they only predicted 1-3"... caught us all by surprise!
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-03, 00:54

Plan: CAD
Stats: 244/226.5/140
BF:
Progress: 17%
Unhappy

Guys.....

I so totally had a HORRIBLE day...

I was doing so well, and I blew it. Just when things felt normal, I go and blow it up the wazoo!

I can't see how it could get worse right this moment (ok that is shallow when I think of how it really COULD get worse...). I get layed off (compliments of Gov. Gray Davis), have a HUGE fight with hubby (we NEVER fight), and to top it all off, I get all emotional and drown it out in a bowl of chocolate candies..... And now i feel sick to my stomach....

I just need to sleep and start a new day.. Tomorrow will be better.. I hope
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-03, 07:10

BF:

Cassie, I'm so sorry.. keep your chin up. You have a great optimistic attitude so I know things will look up for you.

Weighed in the same today as yesterday, and did a seven day average today for a 1.5 pound loss. Not too terrible. Tonight is date night, and hubby wants Chinese food so I guess I'll have some crispy duck and vegies for dinner, since everything else in chinese restaurants seems to start me on a bad swing.

Joanie
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-03, 07:36

BF:

Get yourself together, Cassie. I know it seems like everything is going wrong right now, but it will all work out, and keeping with CAD and having that work will help you feel better about everything else. You need CAD more than ever right now, so keep posting and don't give up.

#21   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-03, 09:55
Registered Member

Stats: 191/188/160
BF:
Progress: 10%

Cassie:

I hope things are better for you today...sleep and some time to settle down often does a person wonders. I'm not the happiest chick right now either...it's the middle of winter and I think the hardest time for most people. We need a holiday or something!

Remember - today is a new day. Refocus.
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-03, 11:19

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Hi Cassie

Forget the stupid candies you ate, they were just an emotional response to an amazingly stressful day. That is over and done with .. the main thing now is that you keep on with your plan of eating. It will give you a bit of routine and sanity at a time when a lot of other things are out of control.

Patch things up with your hubby, appologize for your part in the argument, hopefully he will do the same.

Then start to get a plan of action regarding your lay-off... think it through but also give yourself a little time to adjust mentally to the new situation. Losing a job is a big deal, and very stressful.

You can get through this.. and if you find yourself feeling really down, imagine what you would say to one of us who wrote about a situation like you are in. You are very good to give lots of support and helpful advice to us.. now give a little of that lovin to yourself!

Take care,
Tracy
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-03, 11:50

BF:

Wow... what an amazing contrast today has been so far from yesterday.

I've been given a job (practically) by a company manager that overheard me speaking to an irrate customer and was impressed.

My husband bought me 2 dozen roses and a card beside my bed, and made me low carb pancakes...

I LOST a pound, somehow.....

::: sigh :::

Thank you guys SOO much for the support, I was in real need of it yesterday. I'm just glad I didn't go for the gobs of ice cream that was in the freezer.

I'll never stop being amazed at how much people who you've never met in person can touch another, with such a great impact, with a few kind words
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-03, 11:55

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Cool That is great news!

I am so happy that things have turned around for you, Cassie!

Gives the rest of us hope for our bad days, too

Take care,
Tracy
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-03, 12:06

BF:

Hurray Cassie!! My mom always said that your attitude fulfills your future.. in other words, a positive person will not be disappointed in life, regardless of what it has in store. I so believe this, and I have definitely noticed in your posts and helpful advices that you have a very nice and positive attitude. Obviously you carry that into your work as well, and someone else noticed.

to you!

Joanie
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Jan-25-03, 18:18

Plan: herbalife
Stats: 157/130/130 Female 61inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default another lb bites the dust

Well another 1lb gone, and I am very happy. I still didn't
do the things I planned to do this week, like exercising more
and cutting back on dessert, but I am quite happy with
this WOL and I know its something I can truly like with.

Even If the weight doesn't come off quickly, I feel so much more
in control of my body.

I wish you all good results this week.

Lana
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-03, 13:09

BF:

Thanks again, guys!

Lana, remember that a 1-2 lb per week drop is about the most you should expect from any woe geared towards weight loss. More can be not so healthy for you... If you have a LOT to lose, than having too much come off too fast, without toning, leaves you with a saggy body

Anyways, congrats on your loss!!
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-03, 06:54

BF:

My computer crashed at home so I didn't get to check in over the weekend. I'll have to rely on doing that at work until I can get mine fixed.

I had a good weekend, though, except for eating out and having more sodium than usual, so I'll see how it goes the next couple of days with water weight.
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-03, 11:24

BF:

Cassie,
I had a few minutes to go back and read what I've missed over the weekend. I'm so glad things are looking brighter for you now! Have an awesome day!
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-03, 11:46

BF:

Hi all,

My weekend wasn't too bad. Didn't overdo any night, but did have drinks during the game yesterday. I woke up a half pound heavier today, and also yesterday, but still much lower than last week's average.

I went to the library and checked out CALP to see what the differences were. Haven't read it yet, but have skimmed it. I'll try to read it this week in the evenings but will probably stick to CAD anyhow because at the moment it's working.

Hope everyone else fared well this weekend.

best,
Joanie