Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-08-09, 14:25

Plan: Protein Power/a la carte!
Stats: -/-/150 Female 66 inches
BF:Yes!
Progress: 49%
Angry Iherb shipping problems - anyone know what's happening?

Iherb used to be really good at shipping orders quickly but I now have 2 orders pending - the first one for 12 days now and the second for 6! I have been on to customer services 4 times and they answer the questions according to a generic script that has nothing to do with what I asked. It seems they are claiming that they are reorganising but they insist that orders are delayed by a maximum of 6 days - clearly not true as my order has been marked 'Ready to Ship' for 12 days now according to their site. All of my items are in stock, so it's not that either.
Does anyone know if they are maybe going out of business? I wish I hadn't placed a second order - or referred others to them I contacted them via Twitter (they didn't allow my tweet to appear) and they replied with some garbage about international orders taking longer - yes, indeed - any order will take longer if you don't actually SHIP it out!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Oct-08-09, 14:44
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Huh! No idea, my last order with them a couple weeks ago arrived just fine, fast as usual.

Have you tried the link to talk to them live online?

http://www.iherb.com/info/Contact

They have phone numbers on that page too.

Last edited by Nancy LC : Thu, Oct-08-09 at 15:01.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Oct-08-09, 16:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
Huh! No idea, my last order with them a couple weeks ago arrived just fine, fast as usual.

Have you tried the link to talk to them live online?

http://www.iherb.com/info/Contact

They have phone numbers on that page too.

Yes, tried that option too and got the generic response first, followed by 'I don't know' when I repeated my question about when it would be shipped out! She suggested I ring her manager, who wasn't available at the time. I live in Ireland, so I was hardly willing to keep ringing until he/she turned up
I've been a fairly satisfied Iherb customer for a long time now and order at least 6 times a year - they have changed for the worst it seems and I will have to look elsewhere. Any suggestions from anyone?
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Oct-08-09, 17:14

Plan: Fung-inspired fasting
Stats: 336/000/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 191%

I haven't tried iherb but I want to chime in and gripe about the service from vitacost. I've had *major* problems with three orders and a more moderate problem with a fourth order. Only two orders arrived in reasonable time.

I was thinking of switching to iherb ... maybe not.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Oct-08-09, 18:42
Experimenter

BF:

Here's a place where you can review them.
http://shopping.yahoo.com/merchrati...hant_id=1041868

Sorry to hear about Vitacost! We need to find a good alternative.

Oh hey! They have a facebook page, looks like others are complaining there.

http://www.facebook.com/iHerb?v=fee...id=149364627003

I also used this place a lot and they were just fine but their selection is pretty limited: http://www.ourhealthcoop.com/
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Oct-08-09, 19:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
Here's a place where you can review them.
http://shopping.yahoo.com/merchrati...hant_id=1041868

Sorry to hear about Vitacost! We need to find a good alternative.

Oh hey! They have a facebook page, looks like others are complaining there.

http://www.facebook.com/iHerb?v=fee...id=149364627003

I also used this place a lot and they were just fine but their selection is pretty limited: http://www.ourhealthcoop.com/

Thanks Nancy - will have to do some more research - and some more bitchin' on a few review sites I've just joined Facebook so that I can add my piece there. It was even more maddening for me to see that that woman on Facebook got the old 'international shipping can take 4 weeks' yada yada bit. I never had any problem with international shipping when Iherb actually shipped out my order!
It's the whole dishonesty bit that gets me - hold your hand up Iherb, apologise and get the delayed orders out. Don't dig the hole deeper and insult people's intelligence! That's assuming you really still are a reputable company?
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Oct-08-09, 21:48
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%

Is it possible that the flu is affecting things?

I haven't ever ordered from iherb, but I've ordered from Vitacost with no problems - though that was quite awhile ago.

Meanwhile, we were expecting some paperwork from the doctor's office - and the physician's assistant, the doctor and one staff member are all out sick.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Oct-09-09, 02:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citruskiss
Is it possible that the flu is affecting things?

I haven't ever ordered from iherb, but I've ordered from Vitacost with no problems - though that was quite awhile ago.

Meanwhile, we were expecting some paperwork from the doctor's office - and the physician's assistant, the doctor and one staff member are all out sick.

I don't think the flu is the issue here - and if it were, they should say so. They claim to be doing some kind of restructuring, but it's going on far too long. They also claim that the shipping delays are no more than 6 days - both my pending orders are longer than that now. I'm noticing quite a few negative comments around the various review sites. Anyone thinking of ordering from iherb should hold off until they are sure that this problem is sorted - it could well be the sign of something a lot more serious.
I am so disappointed as I have used Iherb happily for years and am a so-called VIP customer I'm certainly not getting VIP treatment from their woeful customer service! Any more recommendations for where to buy our supplements now?
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Oct-09-09, 07:52
Experimenter

BF:

Quote:
Any more recommendations for where to buy our supplements now?

Other than the one I posted I don't know.

I haven't used them myself but Vitamin Shoppe is a brick and mortar with a good web site you can also order from.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Oct-09-09, 15:06
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Dahlqvist's
Stats: 205/152/160 Male 69
BF:
Progress: 118%

I use IHERB for all of my stuff.
Over the last 2yrs I've had over 50 orders from them (I have to keep each individual order value below £18 to avoid Customs Duty into the UK)
I've never had any problems from IHERB.
The 3 orders I had in September all came through in Standard time.
They now offer First Class $6 and ECONOMY$4 shipping to the UK.
So on the same day I ordered some stuff on each rate and the Economy came the day after the First Class so it didn't seem to make much difference.

Be a great shame if IHERB do become unreliable. Until I have problems myself I'm reluctant to stop recommending them.

Back in February this year IHERB were rated among the best suppliers by Consumerlab users.
Top-rated Supplement Merchants:
Catalogue/Internet: Puritan's Pride
Direct Sales (MLM): Nutrilite
Grocery Store: Trader Joe's
Mass Market: Target
Online Retailer: iherb.com
Pharmacy: Walgreens
Vitamin Store: Vitamin World
Warehouse Store: Costco

The current order page does carry the message
Delay Notice: Please Note: Due to a warehouse improvement project, so we can serve you better, orders placed now may be shipped out in 1 to 6 days from now and not the same day. We appreciate your patience and support. iHerb Management.

I can't remember if that warning was there when I last ordered. Lets hope they get it sorted soon. They always used (unless there was a stock issue) to ship withing 24hrs of ordering. The delay at this end has been caused by our UK Post Office having strikes.

Last edited by Hutchinson : Fri, Oct-09-09 at 15:13.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Oct-09-09, 16:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutchinson
I use IHERB for all of my stuff.
Over the last 2yrs I've had over 50 orders from them (I have to keep each individual order value below £18 to avoid Customs Duty into the UK)
I've never had any problems from IHERB.
The 3 orders I had in September all came through in Standard time.
They now offer First Class $6 and ECONOMY$4 shipping to the UK.
So on the same day I ordered some stuff on each rate and the Economy came the day after the First Class so it didn't seem to make much difference.

Be a great shame if IHERB do become unreliable. Until I have problems myself I'm reluctant to stop recommending them.

Back in February this year IHERB were rated among the best suppliers by Consumerlab users.
Top-rated Supplement Merchants:
Catalogue/Internet: Puritan's Pride
Direct Sales (MLM): Nutrilite
Grocery Store: Trader Joe's
Mass Market: Target
Online Retailer: iherb.com
Pharmacy: Walgreens
Vitamin Store: Vitamin World
Warehouse Store: Costco

The current order page does carry the message
Delay Notice: Please Note: Due to a warehouse improvement project, so we can serve you better, orders placed now may be shipped out in 1 to 6 days from now and not the same day. We appreciate your patience and support. iHerb Management.

I can't remember if that warning was there when I last ordered. Lets hope they get it sorted soon. They always used (unless there was a stock issue) to ship withing 24hrs of ordering. The delay at this end has been caused by our UK Post Office having strikes.

I've been ordering stuff from Iherb even longer than that (5 years) and I keep my orders low as well to avoid having them delivered by UPS or the other courier (can't remember the name). If it's normal post, I don't seem to incur the customs charge (so far anyway) although I know it should apply.
Until now, I've never had any problems and the international delivery charge is absolutely excellent. I received an order at the beginning of September and everything was fine as usual - it actually arrived about a week after I ordered.
That warning you mention WAS on the site when I placed my order on the 26th September and I was prepared to wait - just not the 13 days and counting it is now before the shipment even starts its journey I too would like to think it's just a blip, but the appalling customer service response I've experienced is hard to forgive. If they state a maximum of 6 days delay, that's the maximum that should happen. And why lie, as they've done twice now, saying that the order is about to be shipped when it clearly isn't? There's no change on my account page now - both of my orders are still 'Ready to Ship'. Other people are complaining too, so it's not just me.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Oct-09-09, 16:48

Plan: Grain-free Paleo/lowfiber
Stats: 110/155/170 Male 5.8''
BF:Not a concern
Progress: 75%

Hmmmm..
Haha, nevermind.

Last edited by VersatileD : Sat, Oct-10-09 at 04:26.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Oct-12-09, 12:45

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by greannmhar
They also claim that the shipping delays are no more than 6 days
I also placed an order on 26 September. The status of the order continues to be 'Ready to Ship' 16 days later, or 11 working days. Either way, that's well over their 6 day shipping delay claim. Also, they have yet to answer the two emails I have sent enquiring about the status of my order
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Oct-12-09, 17:35

Just a little update: for the last 3 hours I've been receiving notifications from Iherb that my 2 orders have been shipped - 20 so far and still coming in! Revenge or what? I can live with it if they really have been shipped and I actually GET my stuff, but 'customer service' at Iherb needs a major overhaul.
Demi, I did get replies from Iherb, but they mightn't have bothered as they were so scripted and so full of lies that they shouldn't have bothered. They just made me madder
Just a thought ... maybe I'll get my order 20+ times too
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Oct-13-09, 00:44

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by greannmhar
Just a little update: for the last 3 hours I've been receiving notifications from Iherb that my 2 orders have been shipped - 20 so far and still coming in! Revenge or what? I can live with it if they really have been shipped and I actually GET my stuff, but 'customer service' at Iherb needs a major overhaul.
LOL, I've just opened my email to find over 20 notifications of shipping in my inbox too!