Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1366   ^
Old Thu, Sep-28-17, 10:58

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mviesprite
Arugula and Shrimp Salad w/Orange Viniagrette - new recipe, good! The dressing only had a couple T of fresh squeezed OJ in it, so it was ok. I used the shrimp from the Old Bay Shrimp Boil. They are delicious...

Will you share the recipe for the dressing please? I use a half container of Mandarin oranges (so 5 carbs) when I make an oriental chicken salad. A little can go a long way and provide such a nice change of pace

Last edited by Robin120 : Thu, Sep-28-17 at 12:22.
Sponsored Links
  #1367   ^
Old Fri, Sep-29-17, 08:34

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin120
Will you share the recipe for the dressing please? I use a half container of Mandarin oranges (so 5 carbs) when I make an oriental chicken salad. A little can go a long way and provide such a nice change of pace

Hi Robin! Sure - italics are the changes I made.

for Orange Vinaigrette:
3 T freshly squeezed orange juice (half of a big one) or for more LC, use lemon or lime juice
2 tsp rice vinegar (I did half white wine vinegar and half malt vinegar)
1 tsp honey (agave)
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 T extra virgin olive oil
1 pinch salt

To make the vinaigrette:
Whisk orange juice, vinegar, honey and mustard in a medium bowl. Drizzle in the oil while whisking.

Last night's salad was sauteed tofu w/red lettuce, radishes, cherry tomatoes, shaved Parm, Asiago cheese crisps, and homemade Ranch, a few spoons of Torani SF Raspberry Cheesecake Pudding for dessert
  #1368   ^
Old Fri, Sep-29-17, 18:58

Plan: ≤ 20 carbs & IF
Stats: 292/235/170 Male 72 Inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

This week Albertson's had raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined on sale. I also splurged and got some north Atlantic jumbo sea scallops on sale at Sprouts and made some killer kabobs with a rainbow of bell pepper chunks, baby Portabellas and onions. I slathered them over a bed of Mesquite coals with a mixture of butter and Franks Original RedHot sauce for just the perfect amount of kick and twang

For a side dish I made a garlic and Parmesan spaghetti squash recipe I found online using my left over spaghetti squash from last nite.

Since I skipped breakfast and lunch today, I sorta made up for it with this feast!
  #1369   ^
Old Fri, Sep-29-17, 20:09

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 215/197.2/195 Male 73.5
BF:
Progress: 89%

1 lb ribeye steak, bone-in and salad. 1 square chocolate for dessert, and about 15 almonds while watching TV. And a relaxation tea.
  #1370   ^
Old Sat, Sep-30-17, 22:36

The last of the tofu - so another sauteed tofu salad, this time with Romaine, bacon bits, mushroom, cocktail-sized tomatoes, hard cooked egg, cheddar, Asiago cheese crisps and home-made Ranch - SF chocolate pudding cup for dessert
  #1371   ^
Old Sun, Oct-01-17, 02:39

Plan: <20 net, <1518 cals
Stats: 351.5/230.2/165 Female 5'11"
BF:5’11”
Progress: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen51
mock twice-baked potatoes

What’s your recipe for these?? Sounds so good!
  #1372   ^
Old Sun, Oct-01-17, 05:20
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Last night, I made a "leftover everything" curry. Cooked pork tenderloin out of the freezer, the end of some California veggies (cauli/broccoli/carrots), an onion, a green pepper from the garden, and a red pepper from the store. I used a store-bought sauce that was a little on the carby side and I didn't even like it. Won't buy it again. I'll just make my own next time.

I pulled some English bangers out of the freezer to make pumpkin sausage soup for tonight. We went from a heat warning to almost frost conditions within 48 hours. The house is suddenly cold enough for soup.
  #1373   ^
Old Sun, Oct-01-17, 06:02

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 215/197.2/195 Male 73.5
BF:
Progress: 89%

I had an antipasta salad as the family munched on pizza.

I had already used up my daily carb expansion (bun on a 5 Guys burger) so I stuck to my salad. Next time I will plan better and have a slice of pizza or 2. But I want to be cautious so as not to tip the balance and start gaining again as I transition to a moderate carb lifestyle.
  #1374   ^
Old Mon, Oct-02-17, 15:13

BF:

Today I'm skipping breakfast and lunch again in favor of a feast for dinner. This worked well last week, I lost almost 4 pounds, so let's do it again! Since I work at home, I do most of the cooking which I enjoy doing.

Tonite I've decided to try something rare and different. I picked up a couple of frozen Cornish game hens that I've defrosted. I use a dry rub consisting of salt, pepper, garlic & onion powder, and a little cayenne for a kick. I also stick a sprig of fresh rosemary from our garden inside along with a wedge of lemon. I'll measure up 40 carbs worth of veggies, (half for me, half for her), and slather them with about a 1/3 cup of olive oil & broth and put it in the bottom of my "inside dutch oven". I'll stick the birds on top and bake at a 325°. I'll start basting them after 45 minutes, every 15-20 minutes or so until done, (165°).

I also got some chicken livers I'm marinating that I will wrap in bacon and stick with toothpicks for a little side dish.
  #1375   ^
Old Mon, Oct-02-17, 22:41

Big Spinach Salad w/Ranch
  #1376   ^
Old Wed, Oct-04-17, 05:13
Registered Member

Plan: keto
Stats: 242/233/187 Male 180cm
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonBill
Today I'm skipping breakfast and lunch again in favor of a feast for dinner. This worked well last week, I lost almost 4 pounds, so let's do it again! Since I work at home, I do most of the cooking which I enjoy doing.

Tonite I've decided to try something rare and different. I picked up a couple of frozen Cornish game hens that I've defrosted. I use a dry rub consisting of salt, pepper, garlic & onion powder, and a little cayenne for a kick. I also stick a sprig of fresh rosemary from our garden inside along with a wedge of lemon. I'll measure up 40 carbs worth of veggies, (half for me, half for her), and slather them with about a 1/3 cup of olive oil & broth and put it in the bottom of my "inside dutch oven". I'll stick the birds on top and bake at a 325°. I'll start basting them after 45 minutes, every 15-20 minutes or so until done, (165°).

I also got some chicken livers I'm marinating that I will wrap in bacon and stick with toothpicks for a little side dish.

That is one EPIC meal, my friend.
  #1377   ^
Old Wed, Oct-04-17, 05:14
Registered Member

Plan: keto
Stats: 242/233/187 Male 180cm
BF:
Progress:

I had a pretty plain meal. Some chicken, some spinach, a whole avocado, chipotle hot sauce. Plain, but clean.
  #1378   ^
Old Wed, Oct-04-17, 20:14
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

spicy ground pork with chinese eggplant, sweet red peppers and garlic stir-fried in coconut oil, toasted sesame seeds on top; big mug of green tea
  #1379   ^
Old Tue, Oct-10-17, 17:04
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Happy belated Canadian Thanksgiving! It was just hubby and I, so I roasted a chicken and made some mashed rutabaga, gravy, and green beans/wax beans/carrots with butter. Delish, and easy leftover chicken this week.

Tonight, I had the rest of the rutabaga and some veal shank left over from making broth. It was so tender and delicious! Totally worth the whole two bucks I paid for it, plus all that great broth. I love my Instant Pot.
  #1380   ^
Old Wed, Oct-11-17, 18:28

BF:

The local Sprouts had boneless NY Strip on sale, nice cuts & perfect for these: