Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 21:46

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 192/167/145 Female 5 ft 4in
BF:
Progress: 53%
Smile Karich's gym log

Hoping this will help me make me more
accountable!....

Went to the gym first time since October! I was able to do 10 minute warm up on a stationery bike, then weight machines (not sure what all, trainer picked them out... will have to write it down next time) and then 20 more minutes on the bike.

Pretty good for someone who is so very out of shape.

My dh went with me. It helps to have him there. He's a bit over weight as well, though he's not nearly as out of shape as me (I get out of breath going up one flight of stairs!)

I'd like to try and go every day, though I know the weights will have to be every other day....
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 22:29

BF:
Default Measurements

Can't believe I'm putting this up here for the whole world to see! But maybe it will help motivate me

December 2, 2002 192 pounds
Full Chest- 44.5
Under Chest- 35.25
Upper Arms- 15.25
Waist- 37
Abdomen- 46.75
Hips- 48.75
Thighs- 27
Calves- 18.25
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-05-02, 08:12

BF:

Didn't get a chance to post yesterday,
but we did manage to get to the gym.
I'm so glad we put in the effort.... though it was lots of hard work! The car was iced over and took us 30 minutes to get it cleared off enough to drive. Luckily dh drove and the roads were clear.... I DO NOT drive if there is a hint of ice on the roads

I forgot to write down what machines I used... will have to work on remembering.

The weight part of the work out was not too bad. I did two sets of 10 of each. I warmed up for 5 minutes on a bike first (normally would do 10, but as we were late and the creche was closing we had to hurry things up a bit) That was hard...
my legs were feeling very tired and sore. I guess from just starting back, although they didn't feel that way Monday? Still... I'm glad I went. I did a 5 minute cool down as well. (again would have done 10.) It made my legs even more sore. I'm feeling a bit tired all over today, but not bad. I guess my muscles are trying to decide if this is going to be a regular thing they have to get use to!

I'm considering calling the gym and seeing what kind of classes they have for Tuesday and Thursday's to get in some more cardio. I don't want to over do it, but I don't want to waste this enthusiasm i have either!

I did weigh this morning and I'm down about 3 pounds... though I won't offically record it until Monday.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Dec-08-02, 07:54

BF:

Haven't been to the gym in three days.
I might try to go today... though they might mess up my M-W-F routine if I do...
Does it really matter to skp a day??