Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 23:44

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 325.4/228/175 Female 5'7
BF:mostly!
Progress: 65%
Default Do Supplements really matter???

I am a little confused on the matter of vitamins and supplements. Are they really important?? Do they help with weight loss?? Which ones are best? I know about Potassium, I take that...but I have many different ones and was taking them all,,and got tired of it. What exactly do they do?? Which ones are most important??
Any advice would be appreciated.....tell me about your experiences. Thanks,,,,,,,guess I need to reread the book huh????
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-02, 03:57

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%

If you go over to the newbies forum, there is a sticky at the top called "Hot Links" . Scroll down through it to the section on vitamins and supplements. There are links to threads discussing the pros and cons of supplements, which ones are most often taken, etc.

The bottom line really is supplements are a personal choice. There are some that are HIGHLY recommended (and beneficial) in various LC plans to help the body replenish vitamins and minerals that are easily washed out of the body when we drink so much water.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-02, 07:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 193/179/165 Male 68 inches
BF:26.5%
Progress: 50%

musicmama,
when I first tried Atkins 3 years ago, I felt horrible the first 2 days of induction, and gave up. However, a year later, after reading about suppliments, I started again, and just took Atkins Basic #3. Felt a lot better and made it through induction without feeling lousy. I take Basic #3 as well as garlic and Omega #3 fish oil capsules, everyday now.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-02, 10:18

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 325.4/228/175 Female 5'7
BF:mostly!
Progress: 65%

Thanks for the input. I will go checkout the links. I do know when I was taking them all I had more energy...........

I am sold on the water thing....I drank 99 ounces yesterday ,,,this morning had a four pound loss!!!! Had been stuck for awhile so I am convinced water is the reason,,,some days I didnt drink anything but pop or crystal light.

Well.....we learn as we go I guess!!!

Cya lighter