Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-02, 08:28

Plan: CAD
Stats: 272/267/150
BF:
Progress:
Default looking for senior CAD successor

I have just started the CAD program. When I first read the book I cried. I honestly felt so connected to what they were saying. I felt like they were talking about me. Has anyone been successful with the CAD program (Heller's)??!!!

I'm new to this and I'm just looking for any information.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-02, 06:50

Plan: cad/calp
Stats: 200/186/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default I'm a short timer on CAD/CALP

I started out on Atkins 11/20/01 and lost 10 lbs on the induction.Then nothing afterwards.Just a lot of swelling and bloating.So I switched to CAD/CALP. This is my fourth week. I'm losing slowly and the inches are coming off.You'll lose 1/2 -2 lbs a week.Be sure to keep the weight chart . This will keep you from quitting when you hit the up and downs daily.Weigh yourself each day as the chart says and average at the end of the week.So far I'm down 3-4 lbs.or will be by Sunday when my 4th week is up.My clothes are beginning to bag. So I'm happy and that Reward meal makes it easier for me to stay with for the long haul and it is going to take a long time but losing slowly will assure it will stay gone if you monitor yourself. Also keep a food journal so if you do hit a snag , you'll be able to see what you did and correct it.Hope this helps. I post a Journal T-Z if you're interested in seeing what I eat to get an idea .Happy dieting. Wawtigress
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-02, 15:26

Plan: CAD
Stats: 272/267/150
BF:
Progress:

Thank you so much for your heartfelt words. Where do I go for this journal I'm reading so much about. I'm not a computer WIZ and for some reason I'm having a hard time getting around in this forum. I would love to read other people's journal as well as start my own.

How do you do with Salad dressing? Is vinegar and oil the only thing I should eat during both low carb meals and my reward meal? I read where someone actually had pizza as their reward meal. This confused me sooooo much. How do they get 3 equal portions of low carb, high carb and protein with eating pizza and have you tried eating pizza. I would think that would send me through the roof. I don't think I would have the control.

I just started the CAD so I'ts kinda still very new to me. My life for so long has been consumed around carbs!!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-12-02, 06:29

Plan: cad/calp
Stats: 200/186/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default for the journal

Click at the top where it says Active Low Carb Forums and scroll down to JOUrnals/bootcamp.Read the 1st thread about how to do your own journal . To read mine, scroll to Journals T-Z then click on Wawtigress. Hope this helps. Keep reading the book , it will become clearer as you go along but don't be afraid to ask questions. As for the oil and vinegar,I rarely eat salad at lunch and it doesn't matter at the Reward Meal what kind of dressing you have . At lunch, check the carbs listed in the dressing you're having. I'm not sure but i think it should be less than 1-2 carbs. It tells in the book somewhere about this. I just can't remember since I eat cooked veggies at lunch. As for the pizza,I haven't had yet but if I did I would pile on the salad to have with it. And I wouldn't have it often because it is something that is hard to gauge the amount of protein, veggies and starch like in sphagetti. I f I have it , I'll make meatballs instead do you can tell. Hope this helps. Wawtigress

Last edited by wawtigress : Sat, Jan-12-02 at 06:50.