Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-01-02, 19:59

Plan: calp
Stats: 342/295/190
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default New Years Renewal

Hi! I have been folowing the cad/calp diet since Aug.2001, and have lost 29 lbs total ( this is what I kept off even throug Christmas)I know it is not inpressive by some of your losses but at least there is no gain and the scales are heading in the right direction!! For me this is just 8 lbs short of my short term goal for Dec 31.Though I am a lurker and not a poster I use this site as a GREAT SUPPORT and INFO center!!Thanks to all who post so regularly! Christmas was a challenge. Gained 4lbs, so now I want to start at the bebinning of CAD, reread my book for motivation and info and eat properly. I seldom reach ketosis and I am not sure what I'm not doing! One question I have is- can coffee be part of the water intake? If I drink coffee I have no carb cravings at all, actually it cuts my whole appetite.
Happy New Year and Successfull Low Carbing TO All!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 01:34
Pending Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 314/306.6/299
BF:
Progress: 49%

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on your 29lbs!! That's quite a bit in only 5 months! It's easy to fall off the wagon during the holidays, but re-reading your book is a great idea (I re-read CALP, at least parts, every few months) and it sounds like you are back on the right track.

Regarding ketosis - you should not be in ketosis on CAD. Because we get significant carbs at RM, that should keep you out of ketosis. I think Rachel Heller is not an advocate of ketosis and helped design the program to avoid it, so don't worry about it.

As to the coffee question. I would NOT count coffee as part of your water intake - the reason being, it is a diuretic and actually helps to dehydrate you. Also, just to check, I assume you are drinking it black so the milk/cream outside of RM shouldn't be an issue. Of course, you know that you may have one cup of coffee w/ milk outside of RM per day and (per CALP) that should be drunk within 15 mins. All subsequent cups of coffee should be black and unsweetened. Doesn't sound like you have any trouble with it triggering you, so you sound just fine with it as it is.

So, keep drinking that coffee and *also* your water. Gosh, will you have a life outside the bathroom?

Best of luck, you are doing GREAT!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 05:44

Plan: cad/calp
Stats: 200/186/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default Welcome to CAD

Hello to all, I'm still CADing on . I lost another lb to put me at 186 so this diet has to be working.I'm with Squeezle. Read and reread the book. I under line the most important facts as i read thru the first time so from then on , I can quickly read thru the book only the important underlined facts to refresh myself all the time and she is right about ketosis.You won't be in it on CAD with the reward meals. I can't believe how well i'm feeling . No more swelling or bp problems. Wawtigress