Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-10-01, 08:55

Plan: Don't know
Stats: 260.2/254.2/150 Female 68in
BF:
Progress: 5%
Default Understanding what you say now. CALP

I read CAD on Friday and then went online to see what you guys had to say about it. I realized what you were saying wasn't what I read, so yesterday I went out and got CALP from the library.

CALP = The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program

Um, this book makes it all clear.
Everything you guys have been saying about insulin and why some people shouldn't drink diet soda and use artificial sweeteners, and snack all the time even if it is low carb. I had no clue why you were all saying it. Now I do.
I recommend this book to anyone who's not losing and is eating low carb. Especially if you've had a hard time understanding the reasoning behind some of the suggestions given on this board.
I'm not necessarily recommending the diet in the book.

Needless to say, I'm giving up diet soda and gum and mints and I ran out and bought chromium.

I'll let you all know in 2 weeks if I've had any success.

If it's all true, it makes me sick to think how much diet soda I've been drinking since I was 11!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-10-01, 09:03

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Meek, I'll have to pick this one up (I'm wading through Schwarzbeine right now). I suggest that you get yourself a copy of Protein Power for your next non-fiction literary foray. Knowledge is power, and PP is packed with information. It's a must read by anyone following a LC lifestyle.

Nat
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-10-01, 09:17

Plan: Don't know
Stats: 260.2/254.2/150 Female 68in
BF:
Progress: 5%

That was my original plan, but it was checked out. I'll have to go to the other branch to get it.

I'm also going to go ahead and try CAD for a while. I don't get uncontrolable cravings, I get feeling hopeless cravings. Sure I crave stuff, but I can control it if I want to. The problem is wanting to. I can't live with the idea that I'll never be able to eat mashed potatoes or pie or whatever, and since I wasn't losing weight anyway, what difference does it make?
I think CAD will give me the mental strength to follow through.
And I'm not a binger (I'm a nibbler), so that's not a problem either.
And I can control my nibbling if I know there's a time and place to eat.

Well that's what I hope anyway. We'll find out.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Dec-10-01, 09:55

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 179/156/140
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default CAD

Hi

Good luck with CAD!!!!!!!!!! I am seriously considering trying it myself. I am not losing any more weight and am willing to try a new diet/plan. I believe that a diet can't be for everyone and we need to really look into many options. I hesitate donig so becasue I did lose weight on the atkins plan and I understand it and know that mentally I can do it. I may be just in a stall!!!

Anyway, yes .... keep us posted on how you are doing!!!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Dec-10-01, 10:12
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 231.5/189/150
BF:
Progress: 52%

I have learned so much from this board and from the recommended reading. I knew this WOE was working for me and now I am begining to know why it works. I am currently reading the second Protein Power book and I have a hard time putting it down.

I was suffering with so many digestive problems that if I never lost another pound, I would never go back to my old way of eating. My history keeps me on track, almost effortlessly.

Again, I cannot say enough about all of you and the help I have gotten here.

Nancy
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Dec-10-01, 21:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/190/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%
Unhappy Carbohydrate Addicts Diet

In between the periods when I was on Atkins, I tried the Carbohydrate Addicts Diet. Everything that the book said made sense, and the diet worked. I lost about 7 lbs. in three weeks. I finally went back on Atkins because I found that even a high carb treat once a day was too much for me. After the third week I went hog wild with the carbs. I found that I did much better on the Atkins plan. If you really aren't addicted carbs, this diet might work for you.

Just my opinion.