Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-01, 14:51

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default CAD or CALP????

Is anyone out there following these diets??? I am trying Protein Power/Atkins but I have am having a terrible time getting through the first few days, and I'm not losing weight. I did very well on CAD a while back, but I'm reluctant to try it again. When I was doing before, I just wanted to lose weight. Now I am more concerned with the health issues that consuming all those reward meals allow you. Suggestions?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-01, 15:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default Hi

Hi, you didn't say how long you've been lowcarbing. Do you think you're going through carb withdrawl or is there something else?? Hope you're drinking lots of water. For me the first three days was the most difficult. I think if you read through some of the other introductions, you may not be alone in what you're experiencing. I know that doesn't help you personally right now.

If there is something in particular that perhaps some of us on the forum could help you with be sure to ask?

Did you measure yourself when you started...perhaps you're losing inches and the scales aren't showing that.

Let us know how things are going.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-01, 17:58

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Maybe my metabolism is just screwed!

I've been on so many crazy diets. And I've done Atkins-type/LC before. I just don't remember it being so hard to resist the carbs. I've not even been able to make it through two whole days in a row. Of course after I posted this, Aunt Flo showed up. Maybe trying to start this smack dab in the middle of PMS was not the brightest plan. Yep, every 4 weeks it happens, but somehow it always catches me by surprise!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-01, 19:27

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default so that explains

those 2lbs.... and perhaps those 3 mock danishes

Hang in there Cori, give your body a chance to catch up with you, it will figure out that what you're doing is right. And stay off the scales for a few days (Something I plan on doing as well, since we're in the same boat now)

Nat