Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#451   ^
Old Sat, Aug-15-09, 14:28

Plan: Low Carb+ Warrior Diet
Stats: 214/195/179 Male 172cm
BF:
Progress: 54%
Default Doing good so far

I've been on WD on and off since May. May was a tough month with plenty of travel and family events but re-focused by mid July and the weight has come off using the WD.

Like others, I find that the restriction during the day helps keep may calories low and allows me to have a large meal at night. I have not noticed any decrease in energy since on the WD.

For meals during the day I usually have some cut veggies or fruit and will also use Whey protein if I manage to get out at lunch for a workout at the gym. At night I try to eat large portions of lean meats and veggies.
Sponsored Links
  #452   ^
Old Mon, Aug-17-09, 21:12

Plan: Warrior Diet/LC
Stats: 190/158/149 Male 5'11
BF:
Progress: 78%

Wow a Warrior Diet thread!

I've been on the Warrior Diet since mid-July.

On average I lose about 2-3lbs a week.

I do moderate cardio (jogging 30-40 minutes) on random days and simple body weight exercises to improve strength and endurance.

My favorite aspect of the Warrior Diet (aside from the weight loss) is not having to revolve my entire life around planning 6 meals.

During these last two weeks I've been playing with my carb intake at the end of my meals despite what Ori says about the Atkins diet. Not much of a difference.

Concerning muscle loss, I am not sure. I have only been using my bathroom scale, when I should have included a measuring tape too. Personally, from just looking in the mirror I think I've lost a little muscle, but I've lost alot of fat aswell.
  #453   ^
Old Wed, Aug-19-09, 10:54

Plan: Warrior Diet
Stats: 145/143/130 Female 69
BF:
Progress:

Of all those out there on the WD that are experiencing weight loss, can you reply and let me know what your typical daily menu looks like? I am still working the kinks out of mine and would love to see what works for people.

I do weight lifting three days a week and will sometimes mix cardio in after for some HIIT or sprints on an off-workout day.

Thanks!
  #454   ^
Old Sun, Dec-13-09, 21:49

Plan: mine
Stats: -/-/- Male 178
BF:
Progress: 100%

I just posted about the Warrior Diet in the general low carb section. I will re-post my thead here:

Lately I'm following a Warrior Diet but low-carb
I eat nothing at breakfast and lunch but drink at least 2 liters of water and then I have just one big dinner starting with grean leafy veggies, then protein and fats and then the carbs (my choices are yogurt, berries, green apples, carrots, baby peas)

I feel amazing.
I feel extremely light as if my digestive system disappeared and I'm losing stomach fat although I wasn't overweight to begin weight. I also feel extremely calm, well rested and very focused during the day: i.e. learning and thinking faster.

I won't follow this forever because you can't get many calories with just one meal and I might undereat in the end, but I will probably cycle a week of Warrior Diet and a week of normal eating or half week.

While I'm here I wanted to say that insulin spike is determined by the total amount of food and total amount of carb. Whether you eat the same food divided in 8 meals or in one just single meal, the amount of insulin the body will release will be exactly the same.
  #455   ^
Old Sat, Dec-19-09, 18:12

Plan: atkins/ carbcycling/ WD
Stats: 238/229/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 12%

looks like everyone else kind of fell by the wayside
  #456   ^
Old Fri, Dec-25-09, 18:13

Plan: PaNu/VLC/Anti-Candida
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress:

wow, I'm glad I found this thread. I finally figured out why my brother is so skinny (size zero, I guess). He don't eat almost nothing during the day, and at night he overeat a lot (all tipes of 'bad' food).
I think I will start following this WOE but sticking with my LC/ZC foods (because I want to have nice skin and get through candida, well I want the best to my body). I need to read the book.
  #457   ^
Old Wed, Feb-03-10, 18:45

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 231/212/185 Male 5 feet 10 inches
BF:22%
Progress: 41%

The warrior diet comes with a full training regiment, i have read it, i found the concept interesting, but i did not try it.

I would do the warrior diet for a month and then switch back to healty eating, i found the diet very good for cleasing, because during the day you try to eat only fruits and vegetables, more veggies then fruit and at night you eat 1 meal.

Starting the meal with green salad, then veggies then protein and if you are still hungry after this you can eat some carbs.

You will lose weight for sure because you won't be eating more then around 1000 calories a day which in the long run cannot be very good.

There are a few forums on the internet that review the diet, and people who are on or actually did it try to google it.

The book is also cheap so if you want a good read, the exercise program is good as well, spliting shoulder work in 2 days different and interesting.

For legs he tells us to squat, there are different variations of squats, i disagree with this because has per my medical sport doctor they put a lot of pressure on the whole spine, and i got injured doing squats.
  #458   ^
Old Thu, Jun-10-10, 15:02

Plan: none
Stats: 173.8/173.8/162.6 Male 180cm
BF:
Progress:
Default Helpe me please

Hello there,

I'm portuguese and I read the book WD and I need some help to do my plan.

I'm 180cm, 173.8lb and I want to follow the WD.
Well, I go training in the gym everyday in the morning, moreover still trained on Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays at 9pm until 10:30pm handball. Can you help me to build my plan following the WD.

Because I don't know how to do with the undereating and overeating, I can't undersantd very well..

Please HELP me..

Thanks a lot