Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 20:43

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 188/185/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 6%

Lusana,

Congrats on getting back on plan. It doesn't always have to be pretty, but stick with the plan and it will work.

Today is the first day since 12/31 that I feel anywhere near normal. This flu is horrible! I just ate chicken soup, crackers & gatorade for 5 days - but yesterday my appetite came back and I knew I better get back on plan or things could go very badly. So today I got back on plan - I made some soup with frozen veggies, canned broth (no msg) and some ham and that is most of what I ate today. Scrambled eggs for brekkie and squash & apple for my carbs.

I am down a couple of pounds, but weight lost when sick seldom stays gone for me. I'm also more committed to getting healthy than holding onto a 2 lb loss.

Lila
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 20:50

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Hi Tanya,

I don't think the tea will be a problem. If you start to crave from having the Stevia, then you might not be able to drink this outside of your RM, but if you are not don't worry about. I would be as lenient as pssible. You can always start tweaking if you find out that you are having cravings or it has stalled your weight. I don't think I would drink tea with Stevia all day long, but to have it once or twice a day outside of RM, might not hurt.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Dianee : Tue, Jan-06-04 at 20:51.
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 21:58

Plan: not sure yet
Stats: 175/170/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 14%

oh thank god..i thought I ruined today..we didn't eat for 45 minutes after the tea.

Today's meals

1 - tuna w/ mayo, cucumber, decaf w/cream and splenda

cardio work out about 45 minutes

2- chichen w/ salad greens and shredded cabbage with tofu dressing...just a dash

tea w/ stevia

3- scallops cooked in butter, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, lemon, w orange juice on top of salad greens with olive oil and a sqeeze of lemon side of tomato and cuc.
atkins ice cream w/a few malt balls and whipped cream.
half cup decaf w/stevia and cream...and a littlre more whipped cream I couuldn't help it. Oh, and a baby banana

oh my god I hopet his works!
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 22:06

BF:

Did good today on plan. The scale didn't move for me, but that is alright. It seems like it is taking forever to get down to where I was before the holidays.

Yesterday's menu
Breakfast
2 scrambled eggs
Coffee with cream

Lunch
brussell sprouts
chicken thigh

Dinner RM
Salad with ranch dressing
large bowl of chili
milk

Lusana, Good for you. Sounds like you got yourself out of a bad situation without a whole lot of damage. Quick thinking on your part.

Tanya, You did great for day #2. It will get easier as you go along.

Lila. I was wondering how you were doing. Poor girl. Having that stupid crud is not fun. I have been lucky so far., (as I reach over and knock on wood. ) It is impossilbe to stay on any kind of plan when you are sick. Glad that you are feeling better now.
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 22:13

BF:

Hi Tanya,

It will work. Just hang in there. You menu looks good.
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 22:22

BF:

you guys better be right!
I swore 2 years ago that on my 30th bday I would be in great shape....i have 5 months.
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 23:32

Plan: Intermittent Fasting, LC
Stats: 242/215/130 Female 5'7.5"
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 24%
Default As far as the plan is going..

I feel like I'm doing well. Not great, but well. I've been looking back over my meals and need to re add that salad. My main problem is my H doesn't want to hear about it. Doesn't want to hear about the insulin connection/sensitivity, etc. For myself, it's bad enough, but our younger daughter has a weight problem now. And she is classic CAD. She gets hungry soon after eating carbs. We have a plan, her and I. I'm making her eggs and bacon this coming morning for breakfast (first day back to school). Her lunch will be a salad, some rolled up lunch meat (don't really like that, I'd like to get unprocessed meat. Will work on that), some koolaid/splenda jello and koolaid/splenda to drink. We're still working on balancing the RM. She's wanting, quite understandably, to eat a lot of junk. But, she does ask me. And it's only been a week, so we'll see. I'm concerned that the Splenda may keep her from losing, but I'm hoping since she's a growing child (9), it'll offset that a bit. She does say she feels less hungry. H doesn't have a lot of faith in this. And I can't blame him. I've tried several diets, including Atkins (quit losing after induction). I feel like this one is much more workable for me. Especially since when I would usually "fall off the wagon" was at my evening meal. And for a child, you can't tell them they can't have dessert for a week. Especially when H will eat candy in front of us, drink sodas, etc. This really seems the best option all around. H has started working out again. He asked me if we had cereal. I said yes. (I know we do, as I don't eat it.) He had me take his measurements/weight/date. And he's put it on the calendar 14 weeks from now. I kinda feel like he's giving me a subtle challenge. Now if I can just clean up my meals a bit more. I'm considering only having dessert (of a sugar nature) once or twice a week, and having a fruit for dessert. It's taken a couple of weeks, but I'm to the point I can "consider" not eating the dessert.
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 07:18

BF:

Hi Teresa,

Welcome to CAD..Did you know the Heller's have a book for kids? For the life of me I can't remember the name of it, but it deals with children who are carb addicts. I have never read this book, but I would assume it is similar to CAD. You might want to see if you can find this. It might give you some pointers that would be helpful for you daughter to stay on plan. Just a thought.

How long have you been on CAD and is this your first attemp? I think once your DH sees how well you and your daughter are feeling and that you are starting to lose the weight, he will start to believe in the plan. Once you are on plan for a few days, it won't even bother you when your DH eats carbs in front of you. Just remember if it gets too tempting, just keep telling yourself you can eat those carbs at your RM.

Let us know how you and your DD are doing.
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 10:21

BF:

Hi everyone. Day 3 was a disaster. i wrote about it in detail in my journal, but all ya need to know is i was a bad bad girl. I shouldn't be eating desserts..what was I thinking?
anyway, i'm 2 lbs heavier on day 3
  #40   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 21:37

Plan: Intermittent Fasting, LC
Stats: 242/215/130 Female 5'7.5"
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 24%
Talking It was a full moon,

that's why!! I was bad yesterday too. I'm not sure why, but things I did different were 1. No AS or cream in either coffee 2. Had cheese in my omlette. 3. Had cheese and 1/4 tomato in my salad. So, today not so bad. Finished off the wine and looking at the calories, I don't think I'll get any more. I know we're not "counting calories", but it also is preferentially burned, right? I'd rather burn fat. I'll still have some wine when we eat out. My daughter did pretty good. But she wants to go off for lunch tomorrow. They're having tacos for lunch. I thought I'd let her. She's been really good for several days, and she is still young. Like someone said on the LC Parents forum, (Neener, I think) I'm not so much concerned with her losing weight as growing into what she already has. Me on the other hand. I'm pretty sure I'm done with height, and don't need no more width..