Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Aug-05-18, 07:50

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed1
Have any of you tried Bulletproof Coffee. I make my own with 4 tbs. Heavy Whipping Cream, 1.5 tbs. Butter, 1 tbs Mct Oil, 1 Tbs Cacao, Stevia to taste - blend it for about 40 seconds - chill it and it is like a dessert to me. The top inch is like a chocolate mousse, and the rest tastes like chocolate milk. 500 calories, but 51 grams of fat, and 7 grams of carbs. I am averaging 7 grams of net carbs because of fiber from cabbage, Romaine lettuce and spinach.

Back in post #17 you wrote you were getting away from the Keto Snake Oil salesman. Dave is the original with his special "Brain Octane" versions of regular old MCT oil and coffee infused with the tears of virgin Dutch milkmaids or whatever his latest claim is

Last edited by JEY100 : Sun, Aug-05-18 at 08:25.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Aug-05-18, 07:56

Plan: OWL
Stats: 177/168/135 Female 5'1"
BF:50.5/38/25
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Back in post #17 you wrote you were getting away from the Keto Snake Oil salesman. Dave is the original with his special "Brain Octane" versions of regular old MCT oil and coffee infused with the tears of virgin Dutch milkmaids or whatever his latest claim is

hahaha yeah, never bought into his claims, but I'd never heard of or made butter coffee until hearing the buzz about his BPC and reading his article about it. I just make it now with 1 Tbs of plain ole unsalted butter & 1 Tbs of the virgin coconut oil I always have in my kitchen anyway, plus a drop of sucralose. Using whatever coffee beans are on sale.
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Aug-05-18, 08:22

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

I tried BP coffee in the past, having heard of Nepalis putting yak butter in their tea, and never bought into the Keto Snake Oil Salesman's (LOL) claims. But since I don't really like the taste of CO, I've devolved into just using salted butter and less of it so that my body will access my "on-board pantry" (as Dr. Westman refers to body fat). 1-2 TEASPOONs of butter in my morning coffee will keep me free of hunger until 11 am or noon. If I buzz it with a blender, it will look like coffee-au-lait made with 2-4 teaspoons of heavy cream, but now I don't bother with that very often. Getting used to black coffee with fat globules floating on top has been very useful for when I am at meetings or conferences that only have fake creamer or 2% "creamer" - I just go for a pat of butter (found next to the mountain of carbs) and pop it in my cup before filling with coffee.

Last edited by deirdra : Sun, Aug-05-18 at 08:30.
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Aug-05-18, 09:28

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by deirdra
- I just go for a pat of butter (found next to the mountain of carbs) and pop it in my cup before filling with coffee.

Getting way off topic here but deirdra brought up a memory and that's when they bring the bread out now I eat a pat of butter or two in front of everyone. they say, "oooohhhh that's gross how can you do that?" I say that just don't put it on the bread like you guys do (most of them probably use MORE butter than me waiting for the meal to come haha!
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Aug-05-18, 17:35
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Dazed, I never thought of chilling it. That sounds pretty good.

I only use BPC for two purposes: one is if I run out of cream and I still want a coffee. I can’t do it black. The other is to alleviate my extreme cold intolerance in winter. Coconut oil gives me a heat rush.

Seems funny to think about that when we’re under an extreme heat and humidity warning in my neck of the woods. It feels like over 100F here right now. An iced coffee sounds kind of nice.

Quick tip - be very careful about how you blend the coffee. A lot of blenders aren’t made for hot liquids. I got a $10 milk frother and it works really nicely. It’s like a little immersion blender. My actual immersion blender is too big for mugs, and my Magic Bullet is no good unless you do it REALLY fast. I had it explode all over my kitchen. It was funny after the fact, but I could have really hurt myself.
  #36   ^
Old Sun, Aug-05-18, 23:04

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

I just use the one side of an egg beater, start on low and ease my way up. Doesn't really froth but emulsifies fine.
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-18, 04:30

Plan: Keto
Stats: 232.8/190/165 Male 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100

I don't buy any of the Keto products when I can make them myself. I do this because of Butter Bob, and the need to increase my fat intake.
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-18, 05:48

Plan: Keto
Stats: 232.8/190/165 Male 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
Dazed, I never thought of chilling it. That sounds pretty good.

I only use BPC for two purposes: one is if I run out of cream and I still want a coffee. I can’t do it black. The other is to alleviate my extreme cold intolerance in winter. Coconut oil gives me a heat rush.

Seems funny to think about that when we’re under an extreme heat and humidity warning in my neck of the woods. It feels like over 100F here right now. An iced coffee sounds kind of nice.

Quick tip - be very careful about how you blend the coffee. A lot of blenders aren’t made for hot liquids. I got a $10 milk frother and it works really nicely. It’s like a little immersion blender. My actual immersion blender is too big for mugs, and my Magic Bullet is no good unless you do it REALLY fast. I had it explode all over my kitchen. It was funny after the fact, but I could have really hurt myself.

I allow the coffee to reach room temperature before blending it. Made like I do makes it like a dessert, better than anything from Starbucks. For the people who think I am buying into the advertising from people trying to make a buck. I am using what I find good and discarding everything else. The fat content in Butter, Heavy Whipping Cream, and MCT Oil is great. I added the Cacao and Stevia to really make it taste good. I am doing everything myself and it is to increase my fat intake because it was too low. This is the low carb treat that so many look for. I also drink decaf coffee and green tea before my Bulletproof is fully chilled. I have no problem with Protein or carbs, but fat was my problem. I get 51 grams of fat from my BPC. I am 71 and a very picky eater, and I figure this is my last go around, but I bet I can do it.
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Sep-03-18, 12:11

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

DietDoctor has placed all their Keto Guides in one collection.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/new-mass...uide-collection

Quote:

We have collected all of our keto guides in one page to make it easier for everyone to navigate their way to health!

In this keto guide collection, you have everything you need to succeed. You get the basics, how to get started, the practical stuff, weight, and guides for health care professionals, all in one page! You can find it under keto in our top menu.

Happy reading!

Keto guides