Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-02-01, 20:31

Plan:
Stats: 220/220/135
BF:
Progress:
Smile

I am so happy to find this site. I am starting the Protein Power Plan for the second time. It was very successful the first time on the program, but when I became pregnant my OBGYN convinced me to do no dieting of any kind. Well, I cheated and just amended my Low-Carb diet to include a few more fruits and she seemed happy. I only gained 25 lbs my entire pregnancy and lost all of it within 3 weeks...but since then I have not been able to get started again. My son, just turned 2 and I've gained the 25 + 25 more and I'm finally sick and tired of it. My husband is tall and thin and thinks all I have to do is exercise. HA! He's so disgusting. :-) I know what I have to do, I've done it before with success....but I need some encouragement. Looking forward to sharing my ups and downs with you guys. Feel free to email me, even if it's a blank page with just a smile. It's the little things for me. Well, here goes something wonderful!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-02-01, 21:15
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi Mizzthang!

Glad you found us, sounds like you're well on your way. Looking forward to hear about your progress!

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-03-01, 07:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default Welcome

HI Mizzthang, glad you've joined us as well. It does seem that lots of men have the weight thing easier than us gals, but I guess not always. Listening to people in different low carb groups though seems the men lose easier than we do.

Looking forward to hearing your progress or whatever's on your mind.

Here's your smile for the day from me

Sharon
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-03-01, 22:30

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

MizzThang, Protein Power has their own web site with a forum as well. I juggle between both as both sites have so much to offer in support,etc. The site is http://www.eatprotein.com. Go into Community, and Forum. It is set up the same way this one is so it is easy to use. Lots of info.

Barb