Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-05-18, 22:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 198/198/155 Male 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Greetings from Portland

Well, it was time to buy new jeans, and I refuse to go up ONE more waist size. That's whats pushed me over the edge into HFLC. At the ripe old age of 60, I need to do something about my current health. I'm 5'7" and currently 198 Lb.
I officially started on 03/03/18 by throwing out all the processed junk, starches and even the massive pile of Ramen I had amassed for the coming zombie apocalypse. I even took a "before" photo (to be posted later). My test strip is indicating ~40 mg/dl and I am certainly feeling tired/foggy.
I have been lurking for a few weeks and thought I'd say hello. All the posts are SO inspiring!

Bill
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-05-18, 22:59

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi and welcome from across the Pacific. Make yourself at home, keep reading, ask any questions you may have, and if you really feel like you're getting on a roll, maybe even start a journal of your own at some point as well.

Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-05-18, 23:12

Plan: My own
Stats: 186/155/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%

Hi Bill. Welcome to you from me in the beautiful Umpqua valleys/Roseburg area. You've found a wonderful resource here. Lots of good advice dating back years, and knowledgeable people ready and willing to answer questions. I've been following this WOE for 5 years now, and coming here to check out new posts is a daily habit.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-06-18, 04:22

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Welcome Bill,
The Atkins for Life book is focused on maintenance. Here are good some tips for starting LC, https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb , including how to avoid the initial side effect of low energy (Keto Flu) Try a cup of salted broth mid-morning and afternoon, be sure you eat the fat with your foods, drink enough water, and maybe supplement with electrolytes. You will know when you are truly burning fat, your energy will soar.

Great job with that first step of ridding your home of temptations and junk. All the best,
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-06-18, 05:49

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Welcome Bill. Throwing out the junk is a good way to start. I assume you are from Portland, Oregon. As a former resident of Portland, Maine (now living in Vermont) I wish to point out that there are 2 Portlands in the US and one is on the east coast. It is smaller than the one on the west coast but still a very nice place to live or visit. A daughter of a friend of mine once found herself flying to Portland Oregon when she thought she had gotten on a plane bound for Portland Maine.

Jean
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-06-18, 11:59

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Welcome !!

60 isnt old any more. This way of eating will give you a new lease on life....my mother is nearing 85, and eats just the very best quality foods. She is lowcarb without having thought about it. Lost a few pounds and can run circles around her peers.

THose pants will be looseneing up and fall down SOON, hope you have a belt!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-18, 07:56

Stats: 315/230/185 Male 5'9
BF:
Progress: 65%

Welcome Bill. Coming here is a big step in the right direction to helping you in your journey to better health. There are so many wonderful folks on here in that can answer questions & lend support. We all have been at that point where we said enough is enough. LCHF is the tool to help you succeed. Don’t be afraid of fat. It is the key to regaining control of your appetite. Look forward to reading about your successful journey.

Chris
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-18, 13:08

Stats: 168/128/130 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 105%

Welcome to the sight . I am about 40 miles from Portland Or.