Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-03, 04:41

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 210/210/150
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy I'm sad too.

Dear Vonnie,
You're not alone. 1 year ago my husband moved my son and I from just outside of New York City to Germany. I too am very close to my Mom and I know she particulary misses her grandson.
I too cry, even now, but try very hard everyday to put a smile on for at least my son (sometimes that's not so easy).

My suggestions would be to get a really good phone plan, set up some chat room for you and them on the computer and talk to anyone who wants to listen. I found that the more honest I am with myself and with the help of some friends (mind you none of them are here in Germany) I manage to get by.

Depression is not an easy thing by no means, try not to fall too far behind. There're others like you who feel the same way and more importantly are willing to listen and help if at all possible.

New to this whole forum is a little awkward for me but your story really hit home.

Always willing to listen,
Kathryn and Max in Germany
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-28-03, 16:55

Plan: LC/HF/MP
Stats: 248/220/180 Female 67in
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default H Germany!

Kathryn, How very nice of you to give me support when you are so far frm home. I never dreamed I would meet people on the internet who would really care so much. Thank you for the tips- they are great and I will be looking into them. They probably won't be leaving for a few months, as the kids are in school and they still have to sell their home etc. So, I plan on enjoying every minute I can with them. Thanks again. Vonnie
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 17:08

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 210/210/150
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile hey Vonnie, it#s me Kathryn in Germany

Daer Vonnie,

Hey Sweetie,it's me Kathryn in Germany, how is it going?

Okay, you obviously have a computer. Does your family have a computer as well? If logically they do, how about a digital camera?I only ask this because each day I find my son, Maximilian who will be 2 on April 11th, that I take pictures of him everyday and then my husband sends them to my parents.

So how are you feeling other wise. I know I am very sad and lonly.

Kathryn
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-03, 04:34

Plan: May 03 CAD
Stats: 233/231/150
BF:
Progress: 2%
Smile Common Ground

Dear Kathryn and Vonnie

I have not been in this part of the forum for a long time - I too am on medication and in england we call this amitriptyline. I am only on a very small dosage - 10mg before bed - but I do believe this helps me, even if its just to get a good nights sleep.

I can totally relate to how both of you feel. I have not had to move countrys to be with my present partner, but I did have to move a county (you call it a state).

I was very close to my friend karen and we practically saw each other daily. In fact I think her husband thought he had two wives and I would often do things for him before he even asked. It really was funny - thank heavens my friends were so understanding.

I have now been living in this other area for 4 years and still only know my immediate neighbours. My daughter has got lots of friends, but I feel very lonely. My partner has drifted from me - we are still in the same house, but he would rather be out at the horse racing or with his mates than spend any time with me and I find this very hard to take. Luckily I have a job so am independant financially - but its still hard to come home and realise that you feel just like a housekeeper and even worse seem to be treated like one.

So dont think your alone out there - some men have alot to answer for, but then again - we do allow them to make these decisions for us or maybe its just me.

Anyway lets keep in touch and that way we'll not be so lonely. Feel free to email me Tigra1965~hotmail.com or if your on msn messenger - maybe we could set up a time to chat.

Take care