Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2116   ^
Old Fri, Jun-08-18, 06:07

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

I will try to play catch up from posts LOL
I am out of the loop what is going down with ya'll sorry, just life is getting in the way and I got the jumbled messy mind happening!

KM sorry you are maxed out in many ways. I hope you can get some rest for body and soul and get yourself into a great place!!

Nicco you will find the perfect outfit for the wedding seems like us gals have to go thru a ton of dresses before we find the one we love!!
A B!! A great squeak thru if ya ask me

Lori are you putting the IF thing into effect for yourself? Can't remember if you were doing it or not? Ugh I am so out of the loop of what everyone is considering LOL I hope you got some nice golf T times scheduled....weather is changing finally to the good weather now and pool/golf and all summery stuff is coming into play.

Blue I know you are having a blast with your son! A son staycation....love that LOL Wow house being painted! You got big things rolling and happening around you

What new home have you decided when you put yours on the market? Are you doing new smaller home or going condo, apartment or what? Just wondering which way you guys are swaying?

Jaz, I missed something, 8 hrs and counting down for what? omg I am missing posts or something LOL Sounds like you need a vacation from your work and school a bit. Unwind, just chill in your backyard and on a hot day put on the sprinkler and run thru it and hit the lounge chair and relax

Hey all
things moving fast here
school and kiddo. I got one kid, I can't imagine keeping up with more than one but being 56 with a 13 yr old is enough for this old lady HA Asked my mom many times how did she do it with 3 of us hellions? She said she was younger than me doing it and that I wasn't getting any younger each time I ask....HAHA

tons to do. Getting my meats in order for trip. Chicken, burgers, bacon and all for us and more, got to get Bolt's chicken handled for him and ugh HAHA Leave the 17th for 10 days but so much mowing has to be handled, doing 'projects' getting in the way and more. Just like I am free 24/7 but my days are booked solid with crap to do LOL drives me batty!

And annoying! The hubby takes on projects and WANTS to include me. Forget that. I can't stop my end of it all to help him do what he wants to tackle. Come on ya know! Why can't he tackle things alone! Like he wants to shop and I have to go with him, heck I shop all the time alone, I don't need a co-pilot for my tasks but for him I am like a must have sidekick there for everything now. OK that has to and will change for sure

don't get me started here HA

kiddo took last day of school off today, 1/2 day and I couldn't convince her to go LOL but hey, summer vacay is here for her and she is thrilled.

chat up later ya'll
Sponsored Links
  #2117   ^
Old Fri, Jun-08-18, 06:57

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

She lives!! Trigger lives!! Good to see you- you have been missed. Sounds like you have been a busy bee around your place. Have patience with DH, he is still settling in and feeling unmoored. Once he get situated and finds a hobby or two he will become more independent. I'm guessing!

My MIL and my SM are both complaining though that their husbands follow them around and talk to them all the time. OMG. I would lose my mind. I have already told Dh in no uncertain terms that he can follow me but SILENTLY. lol I have such a low capacity for endless talkers. I live in my head a lot!

Try not to be so scarce before you leave.

KMOM- Hope your trip is going well. You have gotten a bit of nice weather after our several-weeks-straight of rain. Lucky you!

Blue- I think the staycation is a brilliant idea. Enjoy every single moment.

Lori- Yum that shortcake sounds divine. Having a piece and then being finished with it is, IMO, a perfect compromise. Otherwise you would be thinking about it and bothered by it. Now you know, you had some, and you are free to move on.

Dresses- all long, all navy- some more plain, some bling-ier. For me the primary concern is 1) how does is FEEL followed by 2) how does it LOOK. I know for most it is the other way around but my sensory hangups don't allow for a reversal.

Jaz- Man, you need a down weekend FOR SURE. When does your son arrive? Hopefully not for a bit. So Charleston is out for you guys? I'm a mountain girl so I would be looking into Gatlinburg area or Asheville or the Smokies or whatever, but that's me. You are a water girl!

Yeah, I think my Mom's guy has created this fantasy family thing already, and while he seems very nice, I am not a fantasy type person. Way too pragmatic for that business. lol

••••••••••••••

It's 8:53 AM. I've got two kinds of pudding made, jello at the ready, lots of fluids. I'm getting DS16 up at 9:30 and we will leave at 9:45. Arrival time at 10 and then surgery. Trying to keep his anxiety as low as I can. Then I will be loving on him and doping him up over the next couple of days. What a first day of no school for the poor boy! Still, I'm trying to give him as full a recovery as I can before he leaves for camp in two weeks.

Niece's graduation from 8th grade was very nice. They are Catholic and she attends a Catholic school so it was a Mass. Interesting to watch. Nephew was an altar boy and looked adorable. Will try to email a pic or two.

I've got my lodging in Montreal secured, and I think in Quebec City- I've inquired, just have to pay. Then I'll start working on what we will see/do there. It will be fun! I am very excited about this trip. First trip up though will be Chicago with DH in two weeks.

Hugs to all!
  #2118   ^
Old Fri, Jun-08-18, 21:41

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Wheeeew. Finally a quiet moment in the later evening to post away. YAY.

Jaz---LOL on the pantsuit thing, and glad you laughed about it, as I intended it that way. It's just that for me, I remember when pantsuits were once something men wore too, polyester and horrible, and it wasn't just men, it was old ladies wearing them in awful shades of mint green or mauve. Don't want to sound snobby or shallow about it, but really, I wouldn't be caught dead in one. Hello, my glam gal mother would haunt me if I ever showed up in one of those. But seriously....

And hey, I don't love the word "arduous" either. It's means hard, and it's not fun. I like fun, but we don't always get that choice, which makes it all the more important to grab it when it's there!

You asked, as others here have, if we have an idea where we are going from here when we sell out house. Yes, we do. We have an apartment bldg picked out, we have pals who live there. About a mile as the crow flies from where we live now, so same neighborhood basically, and that's important to us.

Our number one requirement is space, square footage for the money, and these apartments have large rooms, a small screened in porch and a pool and work out room. All my life I've wanted a pool, if things go right, I'm finally going to have one. We'll see. The timing and availability is all dicey, many obstacles to cross, but I think we'll get there.

Trigger---I know you don't see it this way, but I think it's darling that your hubby wants you by his side. Although I get the irritation factor too. But y'know, your hubby went to work every day w/a bunch of guys and all the camaraderie that comes with that, while you were doing your thing on your own, which I think suited you in so many ways. One thing I'm learning all over again, is it's all a trade off, every decision we make. I'm thinking your hubby will adjust and find his way, hasn't been that long. Just like my hubby has kicked in on finally getting rid of stuff---one of the few things we used to fight about. But he's there now! Because he has to be. Your hubby will get there too, because he has to, or face the wrath of our beloved Annie Oakley. Just give him a minute, as I know you are. You are a toughie with a marshmallow heart. Don't try to fool me after all this time.

Lori---Yep, agree. You should sign up for another race. HAHA easy for me to say. But it's great motivation, and you seem to be really enjoying running. You put a lot of effort into working up to Scotland, so IMO, it's natural you would want a break. But it is hard to get started again...so, sign up for it!

Nic---So interesting about the chat thing. I can be a Chatty Kathy with a very long string, OR I can be, like you, all in my head and not welcoming of any interruptions. At least you know who you are most of the time. LOL, never know who I'm going to wake up as these days. I am changing in these ways as life changes before me. Finding a need for less noise, more quiet.

SO HAPPY for your son and his B in Spanish. This is a big deal because as you said, he saw for himself he CAN DO IT, even with the wicked profesora. Yay for him. Thinking being grounded had a silver lining for him, and maybe he knows that too?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoying my son. It's going by too fast. And that's about it for me tonight.
  #2119   ^
Old Sat, Jun-09-18, 03:22

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Lots of posts to read this morning....YAY!

Trig...glad you had time to pop in! I know you are busy getting ready for the big trip....fun! As the others said, your husband will adjust and you will both get into your grooves again. I know I'm glad that my DH has a part-time job and I have some alone time every morning. In the winter when he had days when he didn't go to work(his job is mainly outside), I would nearly go crazy with him here all day. Some days he is chatty and some days quiet, like all of us, I guess.

I'm sure your daughter is glad to be "free" for the summer. I remember those days, even though it was a LONG time ago.

I love the talk about fashion here lately. I have a feeling that you girls would cringe if you would see some of the things I wear. I am 58 and act like I'm 28. I like the distressed jeans(not big holes), and I just ordered a sweatshirt that has holes all over it. I watched a video on Youtube where a woman showed some stuff she had bought and I just loved the sweatshirt with the holes all over it, so I ordered it. I can just see my DH's face when I wear it! I will mostly wear it around the house....it just looks so comfy! I love the new fabrics and tank tops with sports bras underneath and cute sayings on the front. I only wish my upper arms looked better for wearing tanks, but I don't care.......life is short....do what makes you happy! One of my favorite tee shirts says "Whatever you are, be a good one"

I think golf is on for today, but there may only be 2 of us. I believe one of the girls has to work and one of the others sent me a text last night that her dog is limping and she has to try to get her to the Vet today. It will not be nearly as much fun with only 2 of us, but it is what it is. I think tomorrow will be rainy, so I don't want to miss today.

I made it to the gym yesterday and had a good workout. I'm using a book I just got about strength training for runners. It has a lot of core and balance work, like my trainer used to do with me. It actually has structured workouts, which I like. As for the running.....I'd like to get out tomorrow morning for 3 miles or so. I've really hit a low with the running since coming home. Guess I really do need to find a race for motivation!

Well, I do ramble on. Have a good weekend!
  #2120   ^
Old Sat, Jun-09-18, 05:24

BF:

Nicco let us know how kiddo does with the surgery. Good thing is it is done and over and he can heal up fast, kids heal fast thank goodness and his summer will be his then!

I love you already told your DH the conditions of him being home and allowed to follow you thru the day....that is SO funny. I wish I drilled more training into my hubby before he had all this time on his hands You are smart to plant the little suggestions into him now!

Blue, a toughie with a marshmellow heart
Yes I do talke so very loud but in the end I cave alot and just let things go...I think I like to pretend I am in some kind of control around here
Happy you are having a blast with your son home visiting.
WOW only 1 mile from your home now...that does keep you in the neighborhood very easily...you know that keeps things in a good feeling knowing you don't have to adapt to a whole new area. Keeps things easy in a move I think. You will love and use that pool my friend! A great way to relax and rest! Take advantage of that for sure!

Lori, your DH having that part time job is a savior I bet! You know you have some scheduled alone time and that is important My Dad did alot of part time jobs to stay busy and my mom loved that also! Hubby just got off so he hasn't truly found his path yet, but some kind of work will have to happen so I know some down time for me is in the future.

Enjoy your golf!!

Lori I am so like you in clothes. I love this store called Buckle. It has Affliction brand clothes which I love. It is not grungy but it is like 'darker type clothes' as in darker like goth, but not goth kinda. I can't explain that type of fashion but it is on the edge type. Problem is their XL size is like a friggin' extra small HAHA omg the clothes are SO small and I do find a few things I can buy every now and then. They have great displays of outfits and I am like I love that, and hubby will say try it all on, it will look great on ya, then I go find them and every XL I can find is like fit for a toddler LOL Drives me insane. Love that store and hate that store HAHA But I so get ya on those types of clothes, I love them also.

Hey all

weather is getting hot and nice here.
had bug guy come. ants. omg he sprayed and they have now stopped coming in the house. what a friggin' battle on ants this year.

hubby mowing today at his moms.

kiddo and me doing kinda nothing, swim later. I am going in and out of rv getting this settled up for our trip.

new batteries in the metal detector and pinpointer. going to find my spanish gold come heck or highwater HA

everyone have a fab day
  #2121   ^
Old Sat, Jun-09-18, 09:14

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

I too love waking up to a "full" thread- Things to read.
Lets see what to respond to first....... Love it! I guess fashion for me!

Lori- Ok- lets just say when I was the same size as my daughter we shopped same places and she raided my closet ALL the time. I hate the way a "older" woman is supposed to dress. That said, I think the mini skirts are best left for the younger thinner bodies. Do I have one? Oh hell yes. Do I wear it YES! On dates. I It is boarder line though I will say!

I too have a tank with a fun saying on it- It is black with lace flare on the bottom- and says :Be where you want to be! - I wear it all the time too! I bought it last year for the beach and it is so comfy I wear it all the time on the weekends.
Also I don't FEEL old. I think that is MY driving factor.
Talking now to everyone - no offense the the lady who ran for office- but if I had to wear one of those "POWER SUITS"- Oh no way. I think they are ugly. I don't even like those "dress coats" that the British wear. You know the ones that you have seen the ladies wear. They are hideous too.

I have a certain style. I love looking like a WOMAN- 100% WOMAN! I don't NEED pants to feel powerful. Besides nothing TAKES power from a man than a hot woman in red high heels! Thank you very much! HAHAHAHAHAH-

So what is my FAVORITE thing to wear- winter time, yoga pants and tee shirt, summer shorts and tank- flip flops year round. I am the very last hold out to put on real shoes.
I love my bling too! I love something BLUE said once- a pair of earrings doesn't have a SIZE!

Lori- yes still on you. Are you doing your shakes? Maybe doing a week of though to kick start you back on track- so you aren't hungry at night. Also- maybe you can tell your supervisor that you flat can't work nights anymore. You still have a say as a wonderful employee!

BLUE- See thoughts on above pants suits!!!! HAHAHAHAAH- I am right there with ya sister. Every now and again I will see a tall gal like yourself out and about. She will be tall and wearing something "flowing" and look amazing. I have always wondered what it would be like to just be TALL!!!!! But I need to wrap my head around the fact I am not- and be ok. I still ask people to reach for things on the top self in a store ect. Sometimes to my advantage (WINK WINK)- anyway.

So I am very happy that you no longer have that "free falling where are we going mentality". Remember when I was looking for a job and didn't know WHERE I was going to land???? You at least do- and what a peace of mind that is. Plus wide open rooms and a pool. you will be just fine! And with KNOWING where you are going- same neighborhood and stomping ground makes it so much more doable. Not like a whole new life and city to find yourself around. Lets not forget a pool!!!!!!

NIC- wow- loved your posts this week. You have a ton of things all seeming to be going at once! I know you are happy to have your vacay secured up. I am struggling with that at present! More in a minute.
Well- your mom and her fantasy land. That is a hard one for sure. It sounds like though you have some great boundaries with that. That is where the sanity of all that happens. when WE set up those boundaries. I had to do that with my mom too. Even in conversations- I will say- stop or I am just done with this conversation and hang up. I am not disrespecting her- but when she get on her drunkin high horse I just can't deal with it. We are dicey anyway.
So I get complicated. Good thing she lives where she does. HOWEVER, at some point we have a choice to accept them and give boundaries or cut them out.
I think however you have learn what NOT to do with your children. Look at them excel!!!!! You are an excellent mother! You should be proud and hold your head high!

Are you using your pool?! Gosh I have pool envy now! There is a swim club around the corner- a couple blocks- not sure the cost or if it's private. Not even sure if I joined at this point if I would use it to make it worth the money. I might just see. Weekends are just so busy.
I loved my apt- that was the building NEXT to the pool. I could just pop on the swim suit- and no driving, take a swim- and be done. It was in my back yard! Lucky you!

I also love that collectively are taking each other along for the ride in all our transitions. Lovely really!
Is your son still there??

Trig- I know you are one independent dame. But speaking from a place that is a single lady, who is also independent, fierce and spunky. I would love to have a guy that WANTS to be with me! I know you don't want to followed around like mother goose. HOWEVER he has been your provider and knew his "role". Now he is looking to you to help him redefine that in this next chapter.

His "projects"- might just be a way for him to still be "useful". After all most men define them selves by being DOERS. It just takes a minute to adjust- and I am sure you two will.
As much as he or anyone can get on the nerves we are people. People aren't always there. We get sick, pass away, and well you get the point. So when he is driving you crazy with the "busy" of life. Think about how awful the silence would be. That is all I will say about that.

So I know you are getting anxious and chomping at the bit to hit the open road. Tell me again where you are going? I know you have before be I can only hold so much information in this head these days!!!!! Very happy for you!

Kmom- safe travels- you are missed
----------------------------------------------------------------
speaking of the NOISE of life- I am SO frekin happy to have a ME day.
I got a 99% on my big school project and this weekend I will wrap up this quarter- today actually with my last post for this class. I will then be off for 4 weeks- finishing a week early and with a solid A.
It has been rough. But you know what- I feel really great about it. I think I am doing this just for me anyway. Yes I have end game goals. But it is a rather personal thing. I love to challenge myself, writing, learning, and growing keeps me vital and in the game. I will be a life long learner!

I am not even going to talk about work. Ok- just 2 sentences. My boss publicly- thanked the 2 gals for going to MN- to become the super champions super users for the software implementation and never mentioned me. She did it on the BRAVO board. We get credit for going above and beyond and it is seen by the company and gets counted in our evaluations. She totally shut me out.

There is a place on that BOARD to go in and ADD congratulations. SO guess what - I did!!!!!- I wrote this: "JEN"- It was wonderful to get to know you at the super champion event in MN. I look forward to continued collaboration moving forward as we grow our team! " -
Yup- I made sure I put the fact I WAS THERE TOO!!!!-
The thing is that even if my boss M - goes in and sees it. She is too fuckin stupid to know that was aimed at her. On the surface it just looks like I was being nice. WHOA howdy no Ma'am I am not.

I have started a soft job search within my company. I want a lateral, or move up. I need to stay in the company as TRIG- put it so well SCHOOL is my job. My 8-5 pays for my lights and buys me steak now and again!
I also need to find a way to not let her get under my skin. I am ALLOWING her to get there. My fault. But dam- you put 100% and more to get slapped in the face.
That acknowledgement or lack there of was a slap in the face.
I was sharing with a friend here that said I should confront her. I think that would be a mistake. Karma really does have a way of evening the playing field. At some point I will get my shot. And when I do it will be right between the eyes and I will not miss.

Ok- have a jungle to cut. I will need to go over it 2 times and hope the mower doesn't die. It just never stopped raining last week. It's hotter than Hades and oh well- it will be my work out.

Shifted Charleston to St. Simon Island. Beautiful there. Charleston was sold out. Our bad for waiting 3 weeks and making last minute plans. Keep ya posted on that. Will haul out the grill and keep it KETO LOW!
I am up 3 pounds. Stress? Maybe- lack of sleep? Anyway- I am going to get sleep, workout, and just good self love this weekend! I need it!

Have a beautiful day -
PS- need a new Netflix- BLUE what did you recommend?
  #2122   ^
Old Sat, Jun-09-18, 10:28

BF:

Nice to hear from everyone! Once KMom checks in we will be complete again!

Sheesh, strong feelings about pant suits on this board! lol Trying to think if I have any. Who knows. Probably. Style fashionista I am not! Are you guys talking about slacks and a blazer? Is that a pant suit? I wore one to my MILs 50th anniversary party, if so. Ehrm, I liked it! lol

Blue- When does DS leave? Tomorrow? Glad time is being enjoyed, as it should be! I do remember you talking about the apartment complex and your friends that are there. I remember thinking it sounded like a very good match when you mentioned it. Are you guys aiming for next spring, or do you not worry about trying to match up with families/school year? For some areas that is more important than others.

Lori- You and Trig sound more edgy than me when it comes to clothes. Mine are just utilitarian. Girl-next-door who is slightly tomboyish would probably define my style. Plain, simple, comfortable. Which I suppose is a style in and of itself. One thing that I freaking LOVE are my Allbirds that I got for Christmas. I want to buy another pain, I love the first ones so much.

Are you finished with your trainer? That book you are referring to sounds good- what is it called?

Trig- Have you tried Terro for ants? That stuff is the bomb. Love it. I buy it from Amazon and set it out in the kitchen when the ants pop up and after one day they are gone again.

Jaz- Thank you for your sweet words. I appreciate it!
Pool- news pumps are supposed to be installed this week, hopefully Monday, and then the pool will be usable. I'm not a big water girl like you and Trig and Blue though. The pool was more for the kids' use and parties. We'll see what this year brings.

Dang girl, reading your words about your boss- I will not get on your bad side! She deserves it for sure but you remind me of the voice I use that scares the crap out of my kids when they are really in trouble- quiet and measured and DEADLY CALM. lol

Do you have your lodging set up on St Simon Island?

•••••••••••••••••

24 hours out from surgery for DS16 and he is doing well. Fingers crossed that continues and he avoids the dreaded "dry socket." I've cut back on his super-pain meds to half dose plus ibuprofen. So far he seems fine. Best thing I did was buy this neoprene style head wrap that holds the cold packs against his cheeks. He has LOVED that and he has almost no swelling, even though a couple of his teeth were impacted.

Okay so you guys know he is my super creative one. Well, here's a story for you. Yesterday I get him settled upstairs after the surgery and he is pretty pitiful, as you would expect. Not too long later, I am sitting down using the computer and I hear a sudden, repetitive, somewhat urgent sounding MOM. MOM. MOM. MOM. MOM. MOM. I leap up and bolt up the stairs, round the corner to his room... and there he is, sitting up in bed, pushing a button on his computer that has recorded his voice, and he is using it call me. A short time later, he remixed it into a song. LOL I tell you, that kid!! I should see if I can send it to you guys on email. Cracked me right up- my own Ferris Bueller!

The N day saved me yesterday- I felt stressed and anxious and trapped etc. Simple rules helped to keep me in line. Dh brought home kabobs for dinner, so that was nice. It was a challenge giving out ice cream, pudding, popsicles, yogurt, jello etc all day when I was very tempted to stress eat.

DH had to go take the spare keys to DS19 who is my brilliant child who sometimes lacks common sense. He locked the keys in Emerson. He has had him for one week. DD stopped by to pick up her wedding dress and drop it off for alteration. She will be coming to visit her brother tomorrow and take a look at the dresses I am now considering.

We'll see how DS16 does today. I am thinking I might not have to get up during the night to give him something for pain, but then again I may, one more time, just to make sure it doesn't get away from him.

Nice to have a quieter weekend after the VERY busy one last weekend!
  #2123   ^
Old Sat, Jun-09-18, 15:33

BF:

Home from a nice day on the golf course. Played about average for me. The weather was very nice....not too hot and humidity was not oppressive. We have cancelled golf for tomorrow since there will be rain showers and t-storms around all day. Next week I'm playing in a 2 day tournament on Saturday and Sunday. Hoping for nice weather for that.

Jaz....congrats on your solid A in your class!! You are awesome! As for your situation with your boss...I can only shake my head. You are doing the right thing....what goes around comes around...she will get hers. As I remember, some of the other bosses know what's going on and know that you are keeping things together in your dept. Enjoy your weekend!

Nic.....thanks for the awesome pictures! And your son and his audio "Mom" recording....what a pip! Sounds like he's doing well post-surgery thanks to your care. The book I referenced is called "Quick Strength for Runners" by Jeff Horowitz. The pictures and explanations of the different exercises are excellent and the workout structure is nice. I really believe the exercises are good for everyone, not just runners. We all need to work on core strength and balance as we age.

Since we're not playing golf tomorrow, I hope to get out for a run if it's not raining too hard. I wouldn't mind running in a lite rain, but I like to have my phone with me to track my workout and phones and rain don't mix! I guess I could put it in a plastic bag....or just go out running without worrying about time or distance.(gasp!)

I think I'll be in bed very early tonight. I was up at 4:30 this morning and I'm a tired pup. Tomorrow I'll putter around the house.....do some laundry...some cooking for next week since I work Monday thru Wednesday nights and DH will be on his own for dinner.

Hope you've all enjoyed your Saturday!
  #2124   ^
Old Sun, Jun-10-18, 06:23

BF:

Hello.....me again!! Is everyone sleeping in this rainy Sunday? Wish I could have, but I was up at 4AM. I was awake, and cat was prancing, so I got up. It's been a productive morning and it's only 8AM. I have cooked bacon, chicken tenders & baked another shortcake for DH. I have my 3rd load of laundry spinning and dishes are done. Whew! I hope I can take a nap this afternoon.

I don't think my run will happen as it is raining quite steadily. Today I'll figure out a schedule for working out this week.....which days will be gym days and which days will be running days. To be honest, I'm struggling with not having the desire to run. Trying not to beat myself up about it......just let it be what it will be. Maybe just get outside for some nice walks if I don't feel like running. We'll see. Keeping moving in some way, shape or form is the important thing.

DH is supposed to be giving a walking tour of our little, historic town this afternoon, but I'm afraid the weather is going to cause it to be cancelled. It's a shame too as there were 35 people signed up to go. He is doing it for a local Alumni group, so they can reschedule fairly easily.

Ok.....time for me to shut up and let someone else take the floor! Happy Sunday!
  #2125   ^
Old Sun, Jun-10-18, 08:15

BF:

Jaz a good self weekend is a wonderful thing You relax, refresh and enjoy yourself! I tell ya, get yourself a great lounge chair and a sprinkler. The doggie will love the sprinkler and so will you, I did many a sprinkler time in my backyard before my pool went in. Loved it, any way to get water

DO NOT tell off your boss. With your new schooling you could actually find it works so well for you in your current company, so you might end up in a totally fine position inside that company still so you keep your cool. You avoid that stupid boss most you can and smile at all the others you are helping in there to make their jobs better. You might need that company so keep up the total professionalism....plus if you leave your job for greener pastures later, you can walk away knowing you had high standards on your professionalism

We are doing Huntington State Park in SC. Probably will jump over to Brookgreen Gardens and maybe do their rice planation pontoon boat tour again, it was nice. It is like right across the street. The sculptures are amazing. 10 days. Leave the 17th and can't wait

Nicco….thanks for sending that audio email, it was funny as heck!! MMoooooommm to music LOL So glad he is doing so well. Kids heal so fast so he should be up and at'em soon!

Terro for ants. I will google it. I tell ya we have spent like $3-400 on bug crap and nothing worked so hubby said instead of keeping that cost going with no results we hit the bug guy with the hard stuff and it is working so great right now. Hard to handle mother nature! I hate poisons and such but sometimes yiou have no choice

Lori, sorry we are sunny and hot as heck already this morning. I got a great day going here, pool and more pool Sorry you are rained out for golf and your DH loses his tour. That tour guide thingy sounds fun
You get a good nap in later, rainy days are made for naps

KM and Blue--- waiting to hear from you guys!

Hey all
IN MY GLORY! HOT as heck here. Sun to the max. Pool is sparkling and perfect. I bought myself a new pool chair I am in love with Most floats I hate cause they are awkward and uncomfy but this one, wow, thrilled with it....buying 2 more and these will be 'take to the lake' floats also when we rv.

Couldn't sleep good last night. Gonna drag a bit today but I don't care. Today is tagged as 'do nothing' day and I am gonna enjoy doing just that and hitting the pool. Maybe a rum and diet pepsi is on the horizon.

Kiddo saw Red Lostser commercial with lobster and shrimp plate promo and now is begging to go. I am not a fan at all and hubby is more no than go but we might take her there tonight...we shall see. Bleck, eating out when I don't really want to go but hey, we shall see if we hit the road later or not.

great day all
  #2126   ^
Old Sun, Jun-10-18, 08:35

BF:

NIC- Or can I say BEAUTIFUL YOU!!!!!!!! What are you talking about? Those pics of you are GREAT!!!! I loved your outfit- noticed even some pretty lip stick, makeup. You are gorgeous!!!!
BTW- I love the MOM MOM MOM MOM remix- quite the kid you got there. You never know- MOM could be the next big hit on the radio!!!! So 20 years from now when he is a big star talking about his first hit- it will be about his teeth and MOM MOM MOM !!!!
So glad he is healing well!!!!!
That was Priceless- thanks!!!!!

I can't wait for the DD to come see your dresses! It is so getting close! Sept. will be here before ya know it!

As far as the "voice"- to discipline the kids in the "DEADLY CALM". When confronted with a child and a tantrum- one must deal with a child. Besides I really believe in KARMA- it can be a bitch if you treat people badly. It will happen. All in proper time.

Where did the DH get kabobs? What kind did he get? What do you think of the new Sprouts store in your area?

Lori- I would be getting a new Miss Kitty if she continued to get me up at 4. My Bella TRIED to get me up at 6- I told her to STOP and lay down, and she did!!!!! I don't play when it comes to my sleep. Nope.

Sorry about your rain- we have had that too! We are forecasted to have rain every afternoon going forward. Summer southern storms. Sunny and hot and humid and then tall building clouds that become thunder boomers about dinner time.
No Spring here- went straight to summer.

As far as the lack of desire to run- then don't. you will find something else to replace it that gives you the same satisfaction. nothing like wasting your time doing something you don't want to do. Think about something else!

Blue- We missed you yesterday- but I know it was time WELL spent with your son!!!!! Check in when he leaves. We will be here for you. I know that feeling when they leave!!! We will be here!!!! (((((( hugs)))))))

Trig- So the kiddo is out and SUMMER is here for you. Battening up the hatches for your trip!!! I know you will find your pot of GOLD this trip!!!!
You know the funny thing- when I see these old guys skimming the beach with those metal detectors I laugh. until I stopped and spoke to one. He told me all the things he finds. TONS of stuff. I stopped laughing and starting looking at those myself! Good for you. What have you found with yours? What type do you have?

What beach again???? Driving me crazy I know you told me! Anyway- you will have fun. Do you prefer the east coast or gulf? I prefer white sand. But will take any beach really!
----------------------------------------------------------------
I slept late and sipping coffee still at 10 am!!!!! Love it. I also have my windows open and listening to the songs the birds are singing this morning. I have a ton a birds around. They are constantly chirping. I like it. Sure beats the sound of traffic!

I am now on the market for a new mower. I killed mine yesterday!!!! Yes- really. My grass was really long - I SHOULD have raised the deck and down a 2nd mow. But NO- I pushed it to cardiac arrest in my yard. When it stopped several times and I am sweating bullets and just wanted done I pushed it in a real heavy patch of over grown grass that that was it. White smoke rolling from it for a good 30 min. I had a small patch left to mow still. So out comes the weed wacker. In which I promptly chewed up and wacked my extension cord to shreds. SIGHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHA- not met for yard work!!!!!
Even when I was married- That was the rule- the MAN does the yard work.

Fast forward- My yard is small and I am to frugal to hire it done. So I am now looking for a new mower. Gas vs. another electric????? I will see and compare. I do like the
- I was getting a work out! It was not a self propelled!

Went to the grocery so I got enough to carry me through Wed. Any further out stuff gets wasted. Today will be grilled BBQ chicken. I also picked up some more sausage, and ground turkey for turkey burgers. I also got a pound of beautiful shrimp I tossed in the freezer. All stocked up for a minute!

I revisited a few YouTube videos yesterday on KETO and the benefits. Dr. Westman (spelling) you will find him if you google him there. Him and Dr. Finney- Got me so motivated again. The science so supports what we do. Dr. Westman flat out said we as humans were never met to eat carbs. Carbs were met to be a store house in the winter- period. We are met to burn fat from our own bodies. It is more efficient! I really enjoyed his presentation!

Today- I am enjoying the slower pace. I am in total "grunge" and comfy clothes today. My mom ask me over and I declined. I just want some space. Yesterday was super busy- Finished school this quarter!!!!!! I know I have my solid A- as my average right now is 98%- but it takes a week or so for the "official" grades to come out. I am ready for my break!!!

The only thing I want to get done today is to finish plans for St. Simon with the "DS". We are both sorta on a budget- and are differing on what we want. I want a pool- he wants beach front, 2 bathrooms. All for the rock bottom price of 1200.00 - with 3 weeks to fo and of course pet friendly. It just isn't happening. He also wants a full kitchen and a view. All for less than 100 a night each. HAHAHAHAH- he must not travel much.
But I will look.

Nothing much else. Just puttering - my favorite type of day. Sunshine and humid already- afternoon storms on the forecast!

Have a wonderful day-
I will browse Netflix- and try to get a walk in!

So
  #2127   ^
Old Sun, Jun-10-18, 08:46

BF:

TRIG- we cross posted. I read your post! - But first I read not to lose my cool with the boss. I know you are SO right. I have alot riding on this position right now.
You are right. I will let the Universe take her out- it will. In time.

I'm a going to look up your beach. That might be an option for me and the kid. Does it have a resort? Pool? I will look it up. Not finding what I need in St. Simon.

Thanks for that!
Go GET your lobster and toss it on the grill, with a side of crab!!!! And have a total FEAST at home pool side.

Did you find those floats with the built in seat??????!!!!!!! I have one and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
Sprinkler huh? I guess I hadn't thought of that- but we are the water gals!!!!

pool side drink= I stumbled onto a Vodka called PURITY I really like. Totally tasteless- I swear. No kick, burn, hard liquor taste. Taste like water with all the benefit and ZERO carbs. I pair that with the lime Perrier, ice and twist of lime- VERY refreshing!!!!
Check it out- the only thing, being tasteless they go down pretty quick

Have a great day
  #2128   ^
Old Sun, Jun-10-18, 09:02

BF:

Purity vodka. No taste. THANKS for saying that cause I can pair that up with flavored water and down it...keeps me off the diet pepsi I MUST mix with the rum. Rum has a taste I like and don't like and the diet pepsi makes it a good taste, but I don't want soda really......SO thanks tons for mentioning that cause I am getting me a bottle for sure for the beach trip!! The lime Perrier is on my buy list also now

No--state park has no pool. It is a park, not a resort of any type. RV camp sites. Our site is like so close to the little boardwalk to walk over the dunes straight to the ocean. We spend the day on the beach, come back to camper and I use our outside shower to rinse off and then we relax Our beach trips at the state parks is ALL about doing nothing!! This isn't a touristy/do something touristy kind of trip.

GET A GAS mower. Your lawn is SO small that 1--10 gallon gas can should last ya almost the whole summer LOL you will not be running for gas all the time either. Get self propelled also cause while you LIKE mowing right now, REAL fast lawn maintenance becomes horrible. Key to mowing is mow fast and good and get'er done to do the other things we love to do!!

Have ya checked Hilton Head area? Nice resorts in that area

I would do the feast home side at the pool for sure, but when hubby gets thoughts of eating out, bleck, ya know! Sounds fab tho. I think if we do this and that I can tire him out and he won't want to go out later anyway LOL
  #2129   ^
Old Sun, Jun-10-18, 10:11

BF:

Jaz- Second Trig on the gas powered mower. I use a Craftsman. It has held up beautifully and has required no maintenance. Delivered straight to my door by Amazon. I can do my half acre in 45 minutes.

Thank you for the sweet words and compliments. I appreciate it! I can clean up when forced to.

Do you think finding lodging at that price point at St Simon is possible, especially now that it is already June? Wishing you luck, for real!

Lori- You have gotten so much done today! You just reminded me to gather the towels up to throw in the wash. Glad you enjoyed golfing yesterday. It is gray here today as well.

Trig- Do check out the Terro. Stuff works so well. We used a service but now we don't. The other thing we do is have our yard sprayed for mosquitos. I do think that probably cuts down on critters too. It is nice to have a skeeter free outdoors.

Enjoy your easy day! Not so hot here. Low 80s at the absolute most right now.

•••••••••

DS is coming along nicely. I dropped the heavy hitter med from his rotation after halving it for half the time yesterday. Now he is on 800 mg Ibuprofen and an antibiotic. He is already getting bored with his food choices. lol

DH and I are going out to lunch with DD and Fi today. I invited DS19 if he wants to come but he must still be asleep. DS16 doesn't need me but wants me close-- toddler syndrome all over again! He'll be fine for the hour and a half that we are gone. He was happy for hours playing video games and watching Netflix yesterday.

Other than that, not too much going on. I've been lazy and unmoored the past couple of days. Since school is over I will need to create some structure for myself for the summer.
  #2130   ^
Old Sun, Jun-10-18, 10:36

BF:

Thanks Ladies for the mower suggestions- I will be on the "hunt"- today via online!!!!

Mucho! -

Trig- I want feed back on Purity- I know you will like it. I do pair it with the sparkling water, and ice. Very easy! I don't like liqueur that TASTES like hard boos.
Wine has carbs- so that is a treat and moderation- I must count it.
But I will admit I do like a beverage at night before I go to bed. relaxing and winding down, or as you say pool side. Just the carbs- so this fits and checks all those boxes! WINK

Ok- off to look at mowers-

Yea - Nic, I am HOPEFUL we can find something this late. So I just got off the phone with DS- he is WILLING to go a FEW miles inland- to find something than not go at all! OK so aa small GIVE there!!!

Gotta run- 3nd basket of towels, and sheets. So nice and warm- windows all still open- total summer here!
Closed Thread