Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#2191   ^
Old Today, 06:24

Plan: My Way; IF
Stats: 223/158.2/160 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 103%

Good Morning!

I've had a whirlwind of a morning. I had to go for routine bloodwork this morning, so crawled out of bed at 6:30 and headed to the hospital lab. After that I went to the ATM and then the grocery store.....all before coffee!! Now I'm home and enjoying that first cuppa. I should go to the gym later....we'll see. I'm tired after the day on the golf course yesterday.

Jaz....no....I don't go to the gym every day. Usually a few times a week is all. I still haven't gotten back into a good routine since my trip to Scotland. I'll get there.

I drive a Honda CRV & love it. It is a 2012....old! I bought it new and have not really had any trouble with it at all. Just the usual tires & brakes etc. It only has 75,000 miles on it, so plan to keep it a long time. I love not having car payments. The back hatch works great to put my golf clubs in and it's nice when traveling for luggage etc. DH has a Honda Ridgeline pick-up truck and he loves it too. Again...we've had no problems with the truck. We're very happy with Honda.

Trig....so glad to see you pop in! Sounds like you're having a great time.

KMom...good to see you here too. I look forward to the time when you can post more often. So nice that you're having good family time....so important.

Nic...hope you enjoyed your much deserved lazy day. How long will DS be at camp? You soon leave for Chicago, right?

Blue...I am in the same boat with you on the WOE. I'm doing ok....just not great. I have too many WTH moments. I only have 3 months until our big cruise and I hope to have a few pounds off by then. You'd think that would be incentive enough to "scare me straight". Be easy on yourself Blue....you have so much emotional stuff going on with getting your house ready to sell. A person can only tackle so much at one time! I think you are doing great with everything.

Time for a bit more coffee and a some breakfast. Have good days!
Sponsored Links
  #2192   ^
Old Today, 07:03

Plan: NoS
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Blue- I think you are right, that you are actually going to go love re-do, remix, rearrange when that time comes. I can see you coming to the end mark with a feeling of lightness, freedom and rebirth. A whole new stage of life to really enjoy. I know this will be a tough road at times to get there but I am holding that vision of the afterward for you because I am so very excited about it!

Your WOE- You know, I don't think that sounds too bad, I really don't. Especially with keeping things to one meal a day or not too much more than that, or as long as your portions are reasonable, then that method could work if that is what is best for you right now. You've got a lot going on and there isn't a lot of room for guilt or beating yourself up. I don't think you are, and I don't want you to. Do what you can do and move on. HEY-- HOW ARE YOU FEELING?

Jaz- Your enthusiasm ROCKS, it really does. You made me smile all over myself today. Thank you!

I think the CRV sounds wonderful. I hear really good things about them, they are super cute and fun to drive. I think that would be great choice for you.

Lori- Good for you, getting all that accomplished so early. That is such a good feeling, isn't it?

Cracks me up that you think a 2012 is old! Our van that we just traded in two months ago was a 2006. I think right now we have a 2008(?) Camry that DD drives, 2010 Ford that the boys drive, 2015 Pilot (mine- before that I was driving the van), 2016 Camry (DH- in order to give other Camry to DD when her car died.) We drive ours til they are heaps of rubble and/or the kids need them. DD is buying the Camry from us when she gets married (for cheap) so she can register it and take over her car insurance-- just in time for us to get hammered by a 16 year old male going ON our car insurance!

Let's see- today I am hanging around, doing basic stuff until around 11:30, when I will go pick up DS's best buddy to come over for the afternoon. His first friend time since the debacle of a month ago.

Other than that I will be hanging around, maybe an errand or so. Tomorrow we leave to take DS to camp. Three weeks! Ack! Then the next day I am off on the metal bird to Chicagoland.

Not too much else to say -- that's pretty much the sum total of what is going on! I've been watching Girls Incarcerated on Netflix. Man, kids can go wrong in a lot of ways, but almost all these young ladies have no dad in their lives and have parents with their own addiction issues and/or their own jail time. They were behind the eight ball from the start. It's sad because with a different set of circumstances they likely would have had a very different life path. Fortunately it seems that some of them might end up making different choices for their future after some intervention.

Hugs to all!
  #2193   ^
Old Today, 07:33

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

HI ALL!!!

Brookgreen Gardens Summer Lights Festival was great. At 9:30 at night it was 87 degrees, and no air blowing in the wooded zoo trail where all the lights were set up along the path. Displays were fab! to the max! You guys can google it easily and see real fast how cool it is

Luckily skeeters did not eat me up. They went after kiddo and hubby, you know, the sugar loaded bodies HAHA and mostly left me alone LOL

It is over the top hot here tho. 110 index today I think hubby said, our RV air conditioner is struggling as would be expected, but around 6 the sun is lower and AC then cools camper real nice again, in time for good cold sleeping thru the night

Hubby hit road yesterday for ice and fish bait and such and came home with Dickey's BBQ. Ribs for me and brisket. Yum....he had NO sauce put on my ribs. they were yummy fab and brisket, me and kiddo were fighting over that 1/2 lb....told him a full lb. if we go again on the brisket, just so yummy

hubby off dumping grey tank....I am getting stuff ready for beach setup. Umbrella, chairs and off we go in a bit. Time to sit in sun and bob up and down on our boogie boards in the surf today. We decided 'do nothing, lazy whatever day here' and I have a mess of chicken legs and thighs for the grill in a while when we want them later.

so...basically having a fab day

ok gotta get moving here in a bit and get some beach towels off the line...

miss ya'll
  #2194   ^
Old Today, 16:45

Plan: NoS
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Man, I am loving hearing from you Trig and imagining your time on your trip. Living vicariously through you!

We had the opposite of your hot day today. I don't think we broke 70 degrees and cloudy and rainy. Oddly humid though.

Keep on enjoying your time and YAY to Porkchop for bringing back such yummy food for you to have.