Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2191   ^
Old Fri, Jun-22-18, 06:24

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

I've had a whirlwind of a morning. I had to go for routine bloodwork this morning, so crawled out of bed at 6:30 and headed to the hospital lab. After that I went to the ATM and then the grocery store.....all before coffee!! Now I'm home and enjoying that first cuppa. I should go to the gym later....we'll see. I'm tired after the day on the golf course yesterday.

Jaz....no....I don't go to the gym every day. Usually a few times a week is all. I still haven't gotten back into a good routine since my trip to Scotland. I'll get there.

I drive a Honda CRV & love it. It is a 2012....old! I bought it new and have not really had any trouble with it at all. Just the usual tires & brakes etc. It only has 75,000 miles on it, so plan to keep it a long time. I love not having car payments. The back hatch works great to put my golf clubs in and it's nice when traveling for luggage etc. DH has a Honda Ridgeline pick-up truck and he loves it too. Again...we've had no problems with the truck. We're very happy with Honda.

Trig....so glad to see you pop in! Sounds like you're having a great time.

KMom...good to see you here too. I look forward to the time when you can post more often. So nice that you're having good family time....so important.

Nic...hope you enjoyed your much deserved lazy day. How long will DS be at camp? You soon leave for Chicago, right?

Blue...I am in the same boat with you on the WOE. I'm doing ok....just not great. I have too many WTH moments. I only have 3 months until our big cruise and I hope to have a few pounds off by then. You'd think that would be incentive enough to "scare me straight". Be easy on yourself Blue....you have so much emotional stuff going on with getting your house ready to sell. A person can only tackle so much at one time! I think you are doing great with everything.

Time for a bit more coffee and a some breakfast. Have good days!
Sponsored Links
  #2192   ^
Old Fri, Jun-22-18, 07:03

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Blue- I think you are right, that you are actually going to go love re-do, remix, rearrange when that time comes. I can see you coming to the end mark with a feeling of lightness, freedom and rebirth. A whole new stage of life to really enjoy. I know this will be a tough road at times to get there but I am holding that vision of the afterward for you because I am so very excited about it!

Your WOE- You know, I don't think that sounds too bad, I really don't. Especially with keeping things to one meal a day or not too much more than that, or as long as your portions are reasonable, then that method could work if that is what is best for you right now. You've got a lot going on and there isn't a lot of room for guilt or beating yourself up. I don't think you are, and I don't want you to. Do what you can do and move on. HEY-- HOW ARE YOU FEELING?

Jaz- Your enthusiasm ROCKS, it really does. You made me smile all over myself today. Thank you!

I think the CRV sounds wonderful. I hear really good things about them, they are super cute and fun to drive. I think that would be great choice for you.

Lori- Good for you, getting all that accomplished so early. That is such a good feeling, isn't it?

Cracks me up that you think a 2012 is old! Our van that we just traded in two months ago was a 2006. I think right now we have a 2008(?) Camry that DD drives, 2010 Ford that the boys drive, 2015 Pilot (mine- before that I was driving the van), 2016 Camry (DH- in order to give other Camry to DD when her car died.) We drive ours til they are heaps of rubble and/or the kids need them. DD is buying the Camry from us when she gets married (for cheap) so she can register it and take over her car insurance-- just in time for us to get hammered by a 16 year old male going ON our car insurance!

••••••••••••••••

Let's see- today I am hanging around, doing basic stuff until around 11:30, when I will go pick up DS's best buddy to come over for the afternoon. His first friend time since the debacle of a month ago.

Other than that I will be hanging around, maybe an errand or so. Tomorrow we leave to take DS to camp. Three weeks! Ack! Then the next day I am off on the metal bird to Chicagoland.

Not too much else to say -- that's pretty much the sum total of what is going on! I've been watching Girls Incarcerated on Netflix. Man, kids can go wrong in a lot of ways, but almost all these young ladies have no dad in their lives and have parents with their own addiction issues and/or their own jail time. They were behind the eight ball from the start. It's sad because with a different set of circumstances they likely would have had a very different life path. Fortunately it seems that some of them might end up making different choices for their future after some intervention.

Hugs to all!
  #2193   ^
Old Fri, Jun-22-18, 07:33

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

HI ALL!!!

Brookgreen Gardens Summer Lights Festival was great. At 9:30 at night it was 87 degrees, and no air blowing in the wooded zoo trail where all the lights were set up along the path. Displays were fab! to the max! You guys can google it easily and see real fast how cool it is

Luckily skeeters did not eat me up. They went after kiddo and hubby, you know, the sugar loaded bodies HAHA and mostly left me alone LOL

It is over the top hot here tho. 110 index today I think hubby said, our RV air conditioner is struggling as would be expected, but around 6 the sun is lower and AC then cools camper real nice again, in time for good cold sleeping thru the night

Hubby hit road yesterday for ice and fish bait and such and came home with Dickey's BBQ. Ribs for me and brisket. Yum....he had NO sauce put on my ribs. they were yummy fab and brisket, me and kiddo were fighting over that 1/2 lb....told him a full lb. if we go again on the brisket, just so yummy

hubby off dumping grey tank....I am getting stuff ready for beach setup. Umbrella, chairs and off we go in a bit. Time to sit in sun and bob up and down on our boogie boards in the surf today. We decided 'do nothing, lazy whatever day here' and I have a mess of chicken legs and thighs for the grill in a while when we want them later.

so...basically having a fab day

ok gotta get moving here in a bit and get some beach towels off the line...…

miss ya'll
  #2194   ^
Old Fri, Jun-22-18, 16:45

BF:

Man, I am loving hearing from you Trig and imagining your time on your trip. Living vicariously through you!

We had the opposite of your hot day today. I don't think we broke 70 degrees and cloudy and rainy. Oddly humid though.

Keep on enjoying your time and YAY to Porkchop for bringing back such yummy food for you to have.
  #2195   ^
Old Sat, Jun-23-18, 08:12

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

WOW- TRIG- I have a sap happy grin on my face reading your post!
So awesome you have not "totally" unplugged from us in your adventures! Like NIC- I am living through your trip right now!!!!!
Enjoy! Oh- an so cool the hubby brought you "NAKED ribs!!! You know the sauce can kill perfectly good ribs!

NIC- so you are taking the "boy" to summer camp today! 3 weeks will fly by! How far do you drive? Does the camp have a theme to it. That seems to be the rage todays- themed camps. Back in my day- they only had girl scout camp. Boy have things changed!
I am SO sure you will find something to take up your time.
How long are you going to be I Chicago? Have you been there before? Do you have a few restaurants picked out? We want to hear all about that too!

I will be leaving for St. Simon in a week- we will be cross traveling!!!!! HAHAHAHA

BLUE- I am picturing you knee deep in boxes and and your hair up and working like mad right about now! I have no doubt you are going to git er done!
Are you doing the kitchen too? You said the back bedrooms- but the kitchen was in chaos- are you just storing stuff?
Let me say- when you can let go of STUFF- it truly is so freeing. Seriously- there is a lightness about it. TRUST ME ON THIS! memories travel light, stuff gets in the way.

Again- just do what you can on the WOE- just make the best option presented to you. And sing "walk away Renee" if you have to and know I am giving you the "nod" Yes Ma'am!

Are you still working on any projects at the moment? Again do you have a time frame you are shooting for?

LORI- SO COOL you drive the CRV- those are SWEET!!!!! You are a Honda family for sure!
I think that you put so much energy into prepping for Scotland that it might take you minute to get back on track. Sorta like Christmas right? We all prep, and prep, and prep, and then it comes and goes in a flash- boom over and it takes a minute to regroup and start the new yew. Sorta like that. You need to come off that mountain!
You will, you are the active one here! I am wondering on that line of thinking though if a zomba class would fit you? Or a soul cycling class. You seem to like working out with people and with a routine. It's not as grueling as Bootcamp, but still structured enough to get you back into a routine! Just a thought!

Kmom- Thank you for your precious email! Gifts to us- for sure. You now have SD! Give her a hug for us! She has 5 extra ladies who care about her now!
How are YOU????????????????????????????
You know givers need to take care of themselves too!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I totally met to get back on the thread yesterday- but I got pulled a different and wonderful direction.

So I am going to put this out there. Have any of you have a "feeling" to go do something RIGHT now- and you did and something came of it?????????-

So I am sitting there at work yesterday. The boss is outta town and there were only a few of us in the office. Everyone else was working from home. Right now is also REALLY slow as we are transitioning to this new process..... Anyway, to get to the point.

I am finishing my work. And start browsing again cars, CRV's ect.... When a VERY STRONG "feeling" came to me to leave right now and go to a certain dealership - that only sells Certified Honda's. So I got up and said- well ladies, I have an appt. See you Monday. (I was done working anyway).

I tooled myself right over there. I was the only in the place. It was about 4pm when I got there. It was hotter than hot, and a huge storm was building off in the distance. Hot afternoon sun. So I was treated by a pleasant guy.
I already had the pay off and preapproval paperwork in my pocket. I was ready. I did my homework prior to going in.

So I told him I only wanted to see Civic's, CRV's and Accords- with 50, 000 miles or less in my price range. A bonus would be a few years old.
So we looked on his computer- at the stock. I picked from innovatory about 10 vehicles I wanted to see. So he disappeared to get keys.

We get to the civic first. No offense- but I needed more room. It is perfect for a kids car. I wanted something with room and zoom.
Next we looked at a 2017 Accord in Pearl White with Sparkles- and tan interior and ALL the bangs and whistles. I opened the door, and said "there must be a mistake, this is a new car. The NEW smell knocked out! LOVE that smell!

Anyway- No he says, this was an executive rental and returned. It has 5126 - that is five THOUSAND- not fifty. That is a road trip and done. It still had the plastic on the back seats in spots. So it was technically USED.
Well I slid into that seat like I owned it. And you know what- I DO!!!!!!!!!-
I have bumper to bumper to 100,000 miles coverage on just about everything. I even bought the "wheel/tire" protection. Means If I hit a pot hole and my tire goes flat- they replace it. My next 6 oil and tune up are included. Came in right at the top of what I said I would spend. I had to roll a thousand from the junk heap I brought in to trade. They tried to get it even - they did.

They had to use a crow back to get my trunk open to get my stuff out of it. I walked away so happy I could burst!
I KNEW the second I sat in it it was taking it home. It was the second car I looked at. I got out and said- I don't need to see anything else- write it up.
they even gave me a better interest rate than my credit union. I am so happy. I got my Lexus "look"- with a Honda quality!!!! It's BEAUTIFUL- it really is sleek! The new models in 2016 changed the design to a sleeker feel. NICE! Crome, shiny and roomy. It handled well. I pushed the gas and it has some nice get up and go!

So the "feeling to go right then and to that place"- That car had just just hit the lot/ inventory in the morning. It was just to hot for people to come out. I tell you - people car shop on Sat. It would be gone- already this morning. That car was met for me.
Reminds me of this house. It was MET for ME!!!!- Crazy how that worked.

It sorta blew the sales guy away. I came in- sat down- had all my paperwork- knew exactly what I wanted. They have a haggle free policy. Best price is displayed. I already have my money in order and had looked long enough to know I got a STEAL. Even he was impressed! He said- Ma'am- you just can't do better. He is right!
Anyway- I could just keep writing about my new Accord.

You should google the 2017 body style of the accords. Sweet!!!!!
I love the colors too. I had a white car once. I tell ya- this one is pearl with a beautiful sheen to it. It is not a flat white. It has a "sparkle"- to it. I love the look of a crisp white clean car.
I love white cars especially in the south- they are physically cooler than a black car. Black and grays get really HOT. White defects some of the sun.

Ok- enough of the new carriage I have!!!!

One last thing before I am off into my day. Ribs- low and slow in the oven today. I prefer them in the oven over a crock pot. I will finish them on the grill.

So my scale is digital and needed new batteries. Remember I said it was a talking scale? Well it hasn't TALKED for many months. So with FRESH batteries it found it's VOICE!!!!!! THAT DAM thing!!!! Bad enough I have to SEE my weigh- now I am HEARING it blurted out too!!!!!!

Someday I will like it to say- Your weight is 140!!!!!- I will step on and off for hours!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Ok- I am going to have a cozy day here. Rain on the forecast. Which is fine. I need to clean, and it really is too hot to be out and about. I want to get stuff squared up before I leave next week for Vacay.

I found a guy who will cut, edge, and blow off grass- for 35.00 a month. He cuts my neighbors yard. He is a retired VET. He does it for extra money. Just him. He is super sweet and I feel really good about him. My neighbors yard always looks great.
Yea I said 35 a month- that is crazy cheap. We agreed to every 10 days- that is 3 cuts a months. That works to be like 12.00- I feel like I am stealing!!!!!

But you know he takes cash- and it's all good. He cuts just about everyone yard he in the plat. So he is doing ok for himself- just cash. I am good with it.

great day ladies
  #2196   ^
Old Sat, Jun-23-18, 11:09

BF:

hubby and I ran out and did load of laundry at a laundromat...holy cost on doing laundry out is HI! wow. going thru undies and shorts fast due to sweating up a storm HA

hit grocery. we got nice NY strip steaks for grill tonight.

breaking a ton of finger nails. Mine are super long, I am losing them fast LOL just broke another, hubby is out getting bait for fishing tonight and he is getting me some stupid nail files I must have and did not pack

5 broke to the nub and I have 5 beautiful long ones left !! I love 10 super long nails and covet them, but on these trips I can start to kiss them all goodbye!

I bought beer. Yes I am going to hound down a few. I already drank one beer and am bloated and I don't care one bit, going to hit another here soon then off to beach later in hot sun, ok I should be ready for an ambulance come dinner time, beer and sun don't mix for me but I don't care one bit --going for it LOL

kiddo hurt knee. no idea how. for days now she is gimpy and blowing off the beach with us, hmm, wonder just 'how bad' it is, she can seem to walk when it suits her and when it doesn't her knee kinda hurts...again, hmmm LOL eh it is what it is.

trip going fast. they always do don't they? see ya'll
  #2197   ^
Old Sat, Jun-23-18, 12:25

BF:

Trig- Beer and hot sun= awesome mix!!!!!!! Been there done that! ONCE!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA-
I prefer the Vodka and Sparkling waters. Beer goes down too fast.

But you will wash it down with steak. No worries.
have ribs too in the oven and about to flip on the gill and finish them on that IF they hold together! - otherwise I will use the broiler and have homemade slaw- IF I want just a bit- but not really needed. Really like you - veg- is just the not needed extra, but sometimes it is nice to add it every now and again.

So glad you are having a great time.
The kiddo and her knee- that is down right hysterical. Funny she can walk when she WANTS TO. But gosh it hurts when wanting to kick back in the camper and mom and dad are gone. = WELCOME to having a TEENAGER!!!!!!!

Having a SUPER day!!!!! No SCHOOL, Just me playing and puttering. Went to the grocery- spend......GASP.....200.00- ARE YOU kidding??? I bought a ton of meat and paper supplies and city required trash bags that were a cool 35 dollars.

So here in Duluth - you can opt for a "can"- and pay 30 dollars a month. OR you can buy about 50 super size designated DULUTH trash bags and they will pick those up- no bill. So the bags- can fit 3-4 regular 13 gallon trash bags. I went that route. I had a roll before. They last me a long time! Cheaper to go that way!

So I have been closet cleaning and purging again. I'm telling ya BLUE- it's freeing!!!!!!
Anyway I hauled some things here That just don't fit. I know that someone will enjoy it. So I am putting together a to go box for the thrift store.

Yummmmmm..... My ribs smell so frekin good- another hour.....

One more batch of laundry and done! - kicking it today. I got my music cranking cleaning here and there and a slow pace!

The pup is content and lying at my feet.

Oh- took the new beauty to pick up some groceries- IT GLIDES on the road! I picked the one for ME!!!!! So very happy!
  #2198   ^
Old Sat, Jun-23-18, 13:29

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Late check-in for me! My friends and I braved the rain showers and played golf this morning. We were lucky and had nothing more than a little mist once in a while. Didn't play as well as I'd hoped, but was out in the fresh air and got some exercise. Can't ask for more than that!

Jaz.....Congrats on the new wheels!! Sounds like you got a great deal and a car that will give you years of dependable service. Score!

I have got to learn to do the ribs like you guys are always talking about. Hubby loves ribs, but he'd want sauce on them. Guess I could do them both ways. Can you do them strictly in the oven? We don't have a gas grill to throw them on to finish. Let me know your technique.

Trig....so great that you're having such an awesome time. Yes...vacations go much too quickly. I had a nice cold beer after golf today.....ahhhhhh.

Not much else going on here. I've done a couple loads of laundry since I'm home and will find something for DH to eat for dinner. He's easy to please...thank goodness. I'll be in bed early tonight as I want to be up by 5:30 tomorrow since I have to leave for the golf course at 7:15. We have an early tee time tomorrow.

Enjoy your Saturday evening!
  #2199   ^
Old Sat, Jun-23-18, 13:34

BF:

Ok- silly question -do you all name your cars?
I have namedall mine! My last one the Jetta was Kroust. Very hard line German.

This sturdy princess coach- my cloud- wonder girl car. It is very girly- with the energy of get up and don't mess. I need a name.
Thinking on it.

I am having a wonderful day- ya know when you are so stressed, then comes a beautiful day like today . Priceless.

ribs most DONE!!!!!!!! DROOLING.......... I know I will attack them. I have a BBQ cause that only has 3 carbs and nothing "bad"- it's really hard to find and Wonderfull- I but a ton of it when it's in stock. I will get you the name, next post. It's a treasure find!

LATER gators- fans going, music, flowing, ribs on tap, wine poured- (don't judge) - accounted for! HAHAHAHAH

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sat, Jun-23-18 at 14:46.
  #2200   ^
Old Sat, Jun-23-18, 14:47

BF:

jazz your ribs are sounding fab!! you go girl on enjoying those and yes while veg is not needed one bit in our life, if you want some on a day then enjoy the ones you do eat I love some mushrooms with steak, rarely do I opt for them cause they are needless and I am losing my taste for them so don't want as much but yea I will eat some time and again....

hold on, will be back, gotta run hubby up to beach access in the golf cart cause he wants to set up for fishing,....be back later to chat up with ya'll LOL

I was reading posts and gonna chat and NOW hubby is wanting me to do something, ugh
  #2201   ^
Old Sat, Jun-23-18, 15:51

BF:

Hi all-

Back from taking The Boy to camp. Man, I am whipped. I don't know why sitting on my ass driving a car is exhausting but somehow it is. Six hours round trip. Now I've got to get stuff gathered up here and also mow the lawn.. at the very least the front lawn. The back tends to grow more slowly. We'll see how I feel once I get out there.

The Boy left his pillow in the back seat of the car. Three weeks with no pillow. Argh! He'll have to get creative with some clothes or a towel or something.

Dh sent me pics of the hotel room in Chicago. They put him in this massive suite. I think it has two bedrooms? Kitchen, full dining room etc. It is ridiculous, especially for two people. But apparently because the group rented out so many hotel rooms and such and he's an officer, he got it gratis from the hotel. Guess I'll have plenty of room to spread out! Now I wish DD were going too! Looked at tickets but they are $$$$$.

Watching the weather closely for Chicago and crossing my fingers. They are currently calling for strong thunderstorms on my Frank Lloyd Wright tour day. I hope they come later on in the day so I can get it in.

Trig- Good Lord, GIRL, that is a long fingernail!! How do you TYPE with them? When mine get about half or a little more than half that length I cut them back because I can't do anything!

So glad you are sunning it up, and boozing it up and having a ball! And LOL over the teen. I tell ya, it's a wild freaking ride!

Jaz- Congrats on the new acquisition! Sounds like it was a match made in heaven. Good news and happy for you.

You got a great deal on the lawn mowing. People pay that and more for just one cut here.

Car naming: My first car was named Rhett- it was a Chevy Beretta and oh how I loved that car. Well actually it was my second but my OWN first. The first one I drove, we called the sh!tshaker. lol It was a piece of trash Plymouth Horizon. I haven't named some in the middle (the vans) although DS19 named the van Charlotte once he took possession, then DS16 changed it to Charlie. I call my Honda Pilot Badass.

Lori- Glad you got to golf!! You can finish the ribs off right in the broiler of the oven for just a bit.

Okay, I'm going to drag my sorry butt out and try to do the lawn. Ugh. I am NOT feeling it. But someone's gotta do it before we go and unless the dogs are going to start eating grass, it looks like I'm elected!
  #2202   ^
Old Sat, Jun-23-18, 17:56

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

hahahaha! You gals crack me up.

Sitting out on my back porch again, catching up on posts, got one long leg swingin' over the other, flip flops flappin' and slappin' on my feet. For some reason, I feel about 15...like I'm about to call my best gal pal on a summer night on our old back porch on my princess phone. Swear, a beautiful summer night doesn't look one bit different than it did so many years ago.

Instead I'm on the wild and wooly net talking to pals from all over the place. Who knew?

Trigger---Wow, you've got the nails going! My mom was like that, hers just grew and grew, and she always polished them so pretty. Mine are flimsy, thin things. And yeah, like Nic asked, how do you navigate w/those babies?!

I had fake ones put on once, went to a party w/hubs, grabbed a soda can to open and....couldn't do it! Had to ask hubby to do it. That bugged me. But I'm sure you've got the tricks. But I'll tell ya gal, your long nails surprised me, doesn't fit into that "no-nonsense" Trig category. But y'know----I'm glad you've got some secrets and surprises. we all should.

And hey girl, if you get the chance PLEASE send pix of your camp site. Know you tried. But I so want to imagine you there. Have so many fond memories of camp sites near the waters. Would love to see yours. And really love hearing from you when you're in your happy place!!!!!

Jaz---YAY for you!!!! I'll tell you girl, a problem tries to bubble up in your life and it gets just so far down the road, sweet Jesus on roller skates, and then BAM, Jaz is right there with her problem swatter. Honestly, you do the rise out of the ashes faster than any phoenix I know!

Big congrats on the new car and the VERY smart deal, not to mention a bit of sparkle. SO glad you turned in the lemon. One thing I know, once a lemon always a lemon. Y'know I never took a car mechanic course---surprise, huh---but having owned a few lemons swear to God, I learned and paid for it all anyway.

Nic---E-gads, can you believe the boys and what they leave behind? He left his pillow!!! Oh my, he's going to miss that. Every time my son leaves here I say have you done a once, twice, three times over for anything you might have left behind? "Yep, totally done, mom." 5,4,3, 2,1----phone call "Um dad I left my such and such here and such and such there. Can you zip it out to me in the mail?"

I am excited for you for your big fun Chicago suite! Relax, enjoy, wear your "I am the queen" T-shirt for a day or two. I absolutely love Chicago. Grew up near enough for it to hold many memories for me. I hope you have the time while there to send a few posts our way...love to hear about that that "toddling town"

Lori, K-mom----

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow gals, I hit the lazy girl thing big time today. I still do not feel well, putting going to UC off, but think tomorrow will have to be my day.

LOL, I'm now looking at the endless mess in our house as adventurous paths to find one's way thru, as if one was trapped in an old mansion and has found some cozy spots to sleep, but must use flash light to get there, and tred carefully. But THEN, when you find that cozy sofa with fresh sheets on it and lots of pillows right under the fan, you fall into heaven.

Did I mention we are not sleeping in our bedroom because it is full of kitchen stuff---like a game of twister only with pottery, glasses and pots and pans?! Back of house if full of paint fumes no refuge there.

Anywho, kind of an adventure if you look at it this way, which I clearly am. I'll come back to my senses when my house comes back to its senses. Till then, I'm safely tucked in on a sofa with stuff all around, but the sheets are fresh with my lavender rinse, the pillows are soft, and all is well, if cray cray, in our little home.

Last edited by Blue52 : Sat, Jun-23-18 at 18:05.
  #2203   ^
Old Sat, Jun-23-18, 19:41

BF:

What a wonderful day inside and out! What a great day on the hopping thread! Even little miss TRIG- with her nail issue!!!!!
WHO KNEW THE TRIG - fancied nails!!!!!!! Shocked!

I can't grow them for nothing. I started off in nursing having to have them short and I guess I got used to it. I had them done once with acrylics and ripped them off in a few days. Have considered the gels. Long nails are so pretty!
TRIG- I want to see your Camp Site too! Please share- have the kiddo take the pic!!!!! Sounds like you are having a GRAND time!!!! You took a golf cart??????- dang girl- you and your toys!!!!! Crack me up!

Blue- I can just see you - hanging your legs a swinging, and chat up on the computer as if you were in your teens. You are right a summers night listening to the bugs, frogs, and seeing the stars is timeless. Truly!!!!!!
Wow on the house! You are really making progress. I love me some fresh sheets and a piece of heaven wherever it falls. Home is where you lay your head. I have a real fetish for clean and crispy sheets. I love them! You will find your place.
Sorry you still feeling punk!!!!!! HYDRATE!!!!!!

Lori- Good luck on the course tomorrow! I know you will have played a round of golf, put in laundry, and built a mall before I even get up and have coffee!!!!! Hope the weather holds!!!!
Oh- I put my ribs in the oven- with a foil tent low and slow for 3.5 hours with a dry rub 250 degrees. then the last 30 minutes I coat them in a LC BBQ sauce. Ya gotta watch the sauce! I will share the one I use- it's organic and really LC. I am too dam lazy to walk to the kitchen and tell ya right at this minute.

I am tucked in my cozy bed- computer on lap and fans going. Lite music and ready to call it a day.

NIC- hahahahahah- you got it going on with that suite the hubby has!!! take pics! Must see. How cool is that!
So is the Museum gig tomorrow? Safe travels!!!!
Oh..... the boy will survive....... Sure someone brought an extra pillow. Is he in a cabin?
-----------------------------------------
Turning in- This is one tired chick!
Little bit of food- OK half a slab of ribs, no slaw. I went to open the bag and it was bad. Stunk to high heaven. See I never eat my veggies very fast- I waste alot of that-

Full belly- cool bedroom- fans and AC on high- and like BLUE- got me some crispy sheets. Makes for some good sleeping!

till morning! Awesome WOE- just the cow today- one meal. later gators
  #2204   ^
Old Sun, Jun-24-18, 05:59

BF:

nicco, holy, 6 hr car ride will tire anyone out it isn't just sitting in the car, it is driving the car LOL
Oh man, forgot the pillow!! ut oh!!

Your car naming was funny! The little sh*tshaker had me cracking up big time.
Fingers crossed storms and your Chicago trip do not hit together!!

Lori, the ribs. There are tons of ways to do them from crockpot, to oven, to kinda both, or outside on the grill in tin foil or not in foil LOL--like start in crockpot to get some softening cooking happening, then into oven to crisp up a bit, that kind of thing. I usually just oven the heck out of them but lately I am using my dutch oven inside the oven for my ribs. They come out so soft and are done faster in the dutch oven and less time that oven has to be on so....and the other gals got that InstaPot so they can cook easier also. I think ribs are kinda that meat one has a special way of doing them they like best and just goes for it. Get a rack and go for it

Blue, the old princess phone!! Oh boy that brings back old time memories!! I still have an old princess phone tucked up in the closet on the shelf. Only phone that works when phones go down oh yes I still got one for my landline if needed and yes I have used it in some circumstances
Your house sounds so hectic and crazy, but all that crazy is coming to a great end ya know. New adventures, new healthy active lifestyle, all how you guys want to set it up and live it!!

Will try to get some pics on hubbys phone of camper etc....let ya see what is doing if I can

I don't know how but I can navigate long nails, always could. You should see my door handle on my car. All my cars, the driver side door handle is scratched up kinda, from my nails LOL Being a farmer it is a challenge I gave myself, I always broke nail after nail and had pretty scuzzy hands being a farmer so with my nail challenge I have just done it for decades now, how long can I grow my nails and keep them before farming breaks them off well no farming anymore so my nails grow so fast and long but then something breaks them, like yesterday I was drawing an alligator in the sand on the beach, pffft, broke another. I cut all down now and with the broken ones, yikes it is like I have no nails at all now.... well back to growing them out again

jazz, ewww on the slaw being bad. yes those veggies I do buy in bags etc like that for kiddo seem to go bad fast and I lose alot of them. She likes salad and some fresh brocc. in it and I buy it, it sits cause she ain't in the mood and real fast it has to hit the garbage...ugh money down the drain, irks me.

today we are doing burgers on the grill
dinner, not sure tonight. will see what goes down

off to hit the beach in a bit. 8 here and everyone sleeping, gonna have to wake them up sooner than later tho. sunny and nice so far....

hubby did ok, few small fish and one good sized something fish and one little weeney shark he caught, so little and cute it was almost fish tank size to keep LOL but nah, he went back into the ocean, no keeping sharks for this old gal.

see ya'll later, we are gonna hit the road later and buy a ton of fireworks later. SC has great fireworks, the good bombs! and need them to blow off the dock at mom's house on the 4th.
  #2205   ^
Old Sun, Jun-24-18, 08:10

BF:

Good Morning- I slept in! It felt wonderful! Just a bit of this and that this morning. Super Super HOT HOT HOT here.

Trig- So glad you are keeping us informed of your beach time!!!!! It will keep me going until next week! Your on the ocean right? Or was it a lake? I swear my brain can only hold so much up there anymore!
Yummmmm burgers on the grill. It have been a minute sine I have had a really good burger. What do you put on yours? I know you don't do the bun. I would at least want the onion and tomato 1 slice wouldn't be bad. And of course pickles.

Blue- loved your last night post. You have a screened in porch don't you? So will the new place have a patio? Just a place to put a chair out and relax?
I am going to cart a carload to the thrift store today!

Nic- Safe travels- keep up posted. You should be in Chicago by now! Good on you! Want to hear where you eat and what you do! How long are you staying?

Lori- Are you working today? Had did your game go yesterday? Do you have the heat like we do! My goodness it's HOT-
-----------------------------------------------------------
Not much on the plate today. Almost to hot to be outside. I am hoping it cools down a little next week!!!!!!

Putting in load of towels and have a couple errands and will be back. Mom wanted me to come over. I am just not feeling it today.
I am not into the Debbie Downer this morning.

So to tell you something funny. I swear- so I told her how excited I was about my car find. Ya know basically a new car for a USED price and in budget.
So her responce? "You do realize that the Accord is the most stolen car in the USA."- OMG- Let me call the insurance company to get the paper work going NOW on that!!!!!!!
I actually laughed. It is sad really...... I would hate to be her. No disrespect.
I wonder how long it took her to find the facts for that response!!!

There is a pretty park not far from me- I might explore it to see what it's like. I would like to find a nice safe place to start walking.

Have a great day!
Closed Thread